Breakfast

igloo810

Nope. If you do get breakfast, go early! HC gets to be a zoo. I don't know about MDR.

We would probably go to the Main dining room to avoid the chaos of the Horizon Court. We just got off Holland America, Veendam and they offered a full hot breakfast in cabin the morning we left the ship. Very nice way to spent your last day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We would probably go to the Main dining room to avoid the chaos of the Horizon Court. We just got off Holland America, Veendam and they offered a full hot breakfast in cabin the morning we left the ship. Very nice way to spent your last day.

That would be nice! Princess doesn't even offer a full hot breakfast for room service for their passengers during the cruise. The exception is full suite passengers (although I just learned they also get it for disembarkation day too). Although, I've read here that some people write in what they want, some with success and others not. We've never done that.

We always go to the MDR by 7 am with the goal of going back to the room to pick up our stuff by 8am.

We have never seen the MDR crowded and have always had a great "farewell" breakfast. I think the MDR is the way to go for breakfast.

We always go to the MDR by 7 am with the goal of going back to the room to pick up our stuff by 8am.

We have never seen the MDR crowded and have always had a great "farewell" breakfast. I think the MDR is the way to go for breakfast.

Is the MDR open for breakfast to us "normal folks"?

Yes, of course it is. Take a careful look at the Patter and the information you get before disembarkation. It will indicate which of the MDR's will be open that morning - frequently they throw a curve ball on the Grand Class ships and open the fixed MDR that is all the way aft on Deck 6. That might be why it isn't really crowded - trouble finding the one that is open.

Yes. As mentioned above, please do it early enough to return to your cabin and clear out by the requested time so the Steward can clean your room. Of course you can clear your stuff out first and take your carry on with you to MDR.

There is no "special status" needed for breakfast in MDR on disembarkation day. Our problem is that we don't like getting up early!!! :rolleyes:

We also to the MDR for our last breakfast, and it's a wonderful way to end the cruise. Food and service are always excellent! Much better than fighting the crowds in Horizon Court.

Agreed.

Yes, of course it is. Take a careful look at the Patter and the information you get before disembarkation. It will indicate which of the MDR's will be open that morning - frequently they throw a curve ball on the Grand Class ships and open the fixed MDR that is all the way aft on Deck 6. That might be why it isn't really crowded - trouble finding the one that is open.

Breakfast on disembarkation day will normally be in the aft dining room on deck 6 (the one that you can't get to from deck 6 midships without going up to deck 7 and then back down. They will frequently use the midship dining rooms on decks 5 and 6 for disembarkation lounges for different groups, so they would not be available. The aft dining room is used, because it would be a very poor place for a disembarkation lounge.

Yes. As mentioned above, please do it early enough to return to your cabin and clear out by the requested time so the Steward can clean your room. Of course you can clear your stuff out first and take your carry on with you to MDR.

There is no "special status" needed for breakfast in MDR on disembarkation day. Our problem is that we don't like getting up early!!! :rolleyes:

I tend to get up early, 6:30-ish, and I've always groused about the crowded Horizon Court for final breakfast. I definitely will try the MDR for breakfast. As I'll take the train home, I don't need concern myself as to when I get off the ship. I'll just need to make sure I high-tail it back to my cabin to collect my "stuff" before 8:00. On the other hand, it might be nice to take my hand luggage with me and enjoy some after breakfast coffee waiting for the big push to end.

Edited by Treven

The MDR is rarely crowded even at 8am. We usually sleep as late as possible clear out of the room and head to the dining room,with our carryons. Usually it is fairly empty and we often sit and enjoy a last cup of coffee until time to disembark.

That is a good idea.