excursion advice

Mr Piano

Hi, This is my first time on forum. My wife and I had our first ever cruise this year, which was on the P&O Ventura for 2 weeks in the Med. We have been bitten by the cruise bug, loved it so much we have booked the same ship, for the Caribbean in February

Our itinerary includes, Barbados, St Vincent, Dominica, St.Lucia, Antigua, St.Kitts, Grand Turk, Tortola, St Maarten.

We are undecided about excursions, and would like some advice. We booked 4 excursions on the med trip and did our own thing on others ports of call.

So my question would be, which ports is it best to just do your own thing? if we were to just book 4 excursions, what would be recommended?

We are both in early 60s, fit and active. Of course we could not go to the Caribbean without visiting a beach or two, although we not really beach fanatics

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can check out the Port of Calls at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Join your Roll Call and see what private tours others are doing -- just scroll down at this link until you find the date of your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=384

We have been to all those ports many times and you can book excursions right at the pier.

You will get lots of info on the port boards, but did want to mention that we feel it is important to have organized tours in Dominica and St. Lucia.

Thanks, that's the sort of advise I was looking for. I looked at links but could not really pick advise up from them.

We have never been to Caribbean, so not sure if there are any ports where it's okay to do own thing. For example when we did the med on the Ventura we didn't think there was much point on paying for excursions at Dubrovnik and Kotor