Vines on the Grand - Tapa's??

cpcanuck

I understand you can buy a glass of wine in Vines and can then have a sampling of tapa's. (Grand P. included I assume?)

Wondering when do they start serving the tapas? Can you get the tapa's in the afternoon or is it only an evening thing? What about on Port Days?

Thanks!

There have been times when we have been on the Grand when there were appies served ( I would hesitate to call them tapas, at the risk of offending the cuisine of Catalania). There have been other times when nothing was served and the same can be said for the wine bars on a number of the ships.

As noted, if you get to know your server they'll rustle up something for you if you want a little bite. Always pays to be nice to the person who brings you your wine.:)

If you're at the buffet for breakfast or lunch, check out the cheese & fruit selections. We have often found some good things to put in our fridge for an afternoon with wine.

Yes, I had thought of this too. But then can you have access to the wine list from vines or do you still have to go there in person to order a flight of wines for example?

darn I was looking forward to tapas on the Grand. I guess we will just need to find something else to eat...lol.

LOL! Me too! I know... "horrible" challenges we will face with a floating resort with multiple choices...

Just the same...it sounded rather delightful hearing others describe having yummy tapas and an interesting glass of wine. Oh well...it was a nice thought...

Hi There

Vines on the Grand is not like other ships and is tiny still OK but has not got the same feeling as Crown Ruby etc

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

My favourite is the wine bar tucked away under Club Fusion on the Diamond. Great service and good food too. Then again, I'm not sure I ever found a wine bar I didn't like.:D

I will be on the Emerald in Jan. I understand there is a Vines on that ship. Besides the tapas, is there sushi? Is there an extra charge for the tapas and sushi?

Is sushi ever seen on the buffet in Horizons?

Just back from the Emerald yes both tapas and sushi, free if you purchase wine in the Vines. Major problem with the Vines was the overspill of people from the International Cafe taking all the tables. Horrendous noise so not the place for a quiet glass or two.:( We eventually gave it a miss and went up a floor to Crooners bar where you can tuck a bottle of your favorite wine behind the bar and have some nuts, Bombay mix or olives brought to you.

Just back from the Emerald yes both tapas and sushi, free if you purchase wine in the Vines. Major problem with the Vines was the overspill of people from the International Cafe taking all the tables. Horrendous noise so not the place for a quiet glass or two.:( We eventually gave it a miss and went up a floor to Crooners bar where you can tuck a bottle of your favorite wine behind the bar and have some nuts, Bombay mix or olives brought to you.

Ron: Is the sushi "real" sushi, nigiri or temaki rolls made with the raw fish or is it "safe" sushi, with cooked shrimp or surimi? Is it served all day? Can you buy a glass of wine there, get a plate of sushi, and take it somewhere else to sit and sip and eat tables at Vines are all occupied? Did you notice if they had sake?

Ron: Is the sushi "real" sushi, nigiri or temaki rolls made with the raw fish or is it "safe" sushi, with cooked shrimp or surimi? Is it served all day? Can you buy a glass of wine there, get a plate of sushi, and take it somewhere else to sit and sip and eat tables at Vines are all occupied? Did you notice if they had sake?

Hi susiesan DW & I don't eat sushi but the preparation area looked like they had plates of sliced raw fish and all the goodies for making the real thing. Call on Dimi the barman he does what he can for his real customers. Take your own ear plugs. Of course you can take it where you like. Take it up to Crooners and ask for sake as a challenge. On Princess ask and it shall be given (maybe) Opening times for Vines bar 4pm to 11pm port days and 11am to 11pm sea days.