On line dining reservations

DrJW

We are approachig the date when we supposedly are allowed to make on line dining reservations in the various dining venues. My question is can this be done after midnight the first day that it is alllowed..and is this Mid\night EST coast time?

Also apparently on 16 day cruises on the O ships, they still state that one is allowed to only make one reservation per sailing in each of the specialty restaurants...so does that mean that on line reservation won't allow you to make an additional reservation? If that is the case, I have read that if one is in the PH1-3 categories, Butlers can easily make an additional reservation in specialiy venues after one is on board. Correct?

Thanks for input!

J

Getting online just after midnight EST has enabled us to get all the dining reservations at the times we requested without any problems, even for those of us in the 45-day reservation cabins. Really fast, easy and efficient process. Start with Jacques; for some reason, that is the least available in my experience.

We have been able to return to one or more of the four if we dine early on a day when the ship is in port until 8 PM, such as at Livorno or Civitavecchia. We simply have asked at the reservation desk the same morning.

Edited by CintiPam

Keep in mind that you will have a much better choice of times if you are willing to share. That becomes more important if you are in the later round of booking.

Also, you do not need a butler to get extra dining reservations. I have been in an outside, a CC class, a PH and a Vista. The cabin I was in had no impact on whether I could get extra reservations. I have friends who sail in an Inside who get as many reservations as they want. You can ask your butler to make the reservation but I don't think it really makes a difference. The ship treats everyone equally.

So does that mean people from the UK have to get up at 5am to wait for booking to open?

Obviously, you don't "have" to do anything, but Reservations are offered on a first come first served basis.

Every Reservation won't be taken within the first few hours, but some people are more particular than others when it comes to the time that they eat or the size of their table.