Zaandam Neptune Suites Question/Advice

smoothsailors

If anyone's sailed the Zaandam in an SA Neptune Suite since her last refurbishment: is there now a small stall shower in addition to the tub/shower or just the tub/shower combination?

I had just assumed that all the Neptune Suites fleetwide now had the separate shower, but the Zaandam suite diagrams to not show one.

We've been looking at a Santiago-Buenos Aires sailing for next year so think I'd feel safer having the shower for my husband in case we hit roughh weather going around.

Also, if anyone's been aboard lately, any comments on her overall condition would be apprecuiated as I doubt she's due for another drydock in 2015.

Thanks for any info...CC members are always invaluably helpful!

We were on the Zaandam in May of this year and KK is right there is no separate shower in the Neptune Suites. I believe the only one that has a shower is the Penthouse, though I have not stayed in that particular one but did on the Amsterdam - a sister ship to the Zaandam.

On the chance OP is not familiar with the classes of ships, only Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have the separate shower stall.

However OP may not be aware that a shower stool can be requested and the shower head is handheld so of there is a concern about being steady if seas are rough that will be an option that can easily be accommodated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the chance OP is not familiar with the classes of ships, only Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam have the separate shower stall.

However OP may not be aware that a shower stool can be requested and the shower head is handheld so of there is a concern about being steady if seas are rough that will be an option that can easily be accommodated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stepping over the side of the tub is the problem for some people. The stool is fine but they still have to get in and out of the tub.

Stepping over the side of the tub is the problem for some people. The stool is fine but they still have to get in and out of the tub.

We usually sail on what I call "the glass elevator ships" because we can book the SS suites with free standing showers. My husband simply cannot lift his leg up over the high sided tubs. However on the Prinsendam, where there was no such shower, we solved the problem with a shower bench. He was able to sit on the edge of the tub and then slide back onto the bench before lifting his legs over.

He needed a little assistance and the set up was less than ideal, but it does work in a pinch.

I am wondering,can you use the hot tubs in the spa area with out booking a treatment...massage?

I assume you are talking about the Hydro/Thermal tubs as they are the only ones I know of in the Spa. The answer is no. I am not sure if they are even included in the treatments, as we normally pay for an entire week of access.

DaveOKC