HELP! Anyone sail Jewel out of Houston? How was debarkation?

BabySam99

I just looked at my Texas map and it shows that Galveston (where The Jewel docks) is 47 miles south of Houston. If you are flying into or out of Houston, you will have to add time to make the trip. I would say 11 A.M. is probably not a good flight time.

I was on this forum a few weeks ago about the same thing. But can't find the post. I do remember someone from the area said not to book a flight home before 2p from Hobby and later from IAH. Assuming there us no fog that a few other people mentioned. We don't cruise till January. Still looking for flights and waiting to get reports once the Jewel cruises in October. I am sorry I am no help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at my Texas map and it shows that Galveston (where The Jewel docks) is 47 miles south of Houston. If you are flying into or out of Houston, you will have to add time to make the trip. I would say 11 A.M. is probably not a good flight time.

The Jewel is moving to the Houston terminal beginning in October. This will be a new port for NCL.

I would be leery of booking a flight that early on disembarkation day from Houston. I've heard that it can be quite foggy and has caused delays of up to six hours getting to port.

I don't mind being late getting back since we are spending a week in Houston following the cruise but sure wouldn't like to be at the terminal waiting to board if the ship arrived six hours late.

Hey guys! How was debarkation day? Did you get in at 8:00 AM or later? I am freaking a little I could only get a flight that left at 11:00 AM is that cutting it close? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm sailing on the Jewel in Oct and have a noon flight out of Hobby. I plan to disembark early.

Yeah I forgot that it will be there in OCT...I usually never book a flight earlier than 12:30 that's what I tell all of my clients as well...I just didn't want to wait in the airport until 5 or 7...I am going out of HOU so I think I will keep it and be the first off the ship...I have never experienced fog out of Houston or Galveston port in NOV but have in NOLA...If any of you could stop back by and let me know how you faired when you got off the ship I would be much appreciative! Thanks to you all for you suggestions and answers and taking the time to talk it out with me...LOL:D

Edited by BabySam99

I am also on the Jewel in November and am anxiously waiting to hear reports about the new port and the disembarking process. Just went on Royal's Navigator of the Seas last week and it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time I stepped off the ship until I cleared customs. It was awful! Really hoping for a better process from NCL in Houston.

We are thinking of booking a 4:30 flight from Hobby and doing the NCL excursion to the Houston Space Center. Better than sitting in the airport all day! The bus will have our luggage and drop us at the airport. We did a similar excursion to Pearl Harbor when the POA docked at 8a. It made life easier the last day.

Edited by snow1

We are thinking of booking a 4:30 flight from Hobby and doing the NCL excursion to the Houston Space Center. Better than sitting in the airport all day! The bus will have our luggage and drop us at the airport. We did a similar excursion to Pearl Harbor when the POA docked at 8a. It made life easier the last day.

If the Houston Space Center is anything like Kennedy, the time allotted for the excursion, is NOT nearly enough to see everything.

I am sure you are right except we won't have anxiety trying to make an earler flight. Plus we've never been to either space center. So whatever we get to see will be new to us. Waiting to read reviews of the excursion once the Jewel is in Houston.