How much cash to take on Allure Eastern Carribean ........

womack214

We use cash in ports for small things...sandwich, drink, etc...We use cash for gambling, of course...taxi fares and tips....

Nowadays, the gratuities are simply added to your account...if you want to give someone more, you can write it on the tab (bartenders,for example)

We usually bring about $1500 for a week....we don't always spend it all, but we take that much.

Edited by cb at sea

It really depends on what you like to do and how you plan to spend. I set aside in envelopes cash for excursion + tips for each private tour guide, or just a tip if it is a RCI excursion since that has either been pre-paid or put on your ship board account. We don't gamble & we drink very little and I use credit cards in reputable stores and restaurants. I prefer my Discover card as there is no foreign transaction fee, but not all places take Discover. Small vendors, I use cash. I am not a big shopper, so my purchases are limited to a few Christmas ornaments and a few gifts. I take a LOT of $1 & $5 bills. Amazing how fast you can go through those. Overall, for a 7 night cruise I usually bring about $500, and I don't ever spend it all. On our Jewel B2B in May we had 9 ports, most with private tours, and two days pre-cruise in San Juan. I took $1500 and had about $400 left when we got home.

Ooohh. This is a fun question. I'd like to see what other cruisers answer!

My husband and I collect unique liquor bottles when traveling. We put aside $200 per port specifically for this collection of ours. (But that's our special tradition.)

Your question should get all kinds of ranges because everyone has different desires from their vacation (excursions, drinks, souvenirs, specialty dining, etc).

It all depends on your spending habits. If you REALLY wanted to be thrifty you don't have to bring any money besides gratuities because the basics (food, shelter, travel) are included in your fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much cash to take and what do you plan for with that cash? Here is what I have so far....

Gratuities

Tips on excursions

Cab Fare

Any other ideas?

I had prepaid grats through travel agent and a $200 credit. Also prepaid drink packages.

Bought $50 of photos, gave room steward extra$20, waiter$20 extra, and $40 for shore excursion tip.... Took $500 cash and didn't spend it all..