paid in full, now price went down

vegaslola

I too watch prices... Checking in on the Celebrity Website 1 or 2 times a week.

If prices go down BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT I give Celebrity a call... Hopeful that I can take advantage of the price drop, and get to keep my prime piece of real estate (why I book early) and and perks I have from he booking

If prices go down AFTER FINAL PAYMENT... I still give Celebrity a call... Figure I have nothing to lose, maybe even something to gain. Usually after final payment, the best you can hope for is OBC... As stated by others this is rare now... Was far more common a few years back.

If prices BEFORE OR AFTER FINAL PAYMENT go up I am happy :)

If they go up a lot... I even more happy, lol :D

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Cabin location is VERY important to me... There are only so many A1s, C1s, 1As and FVs Sunset Balconies on Celebrity Ships... Being able to snag one... And early (pick of the litter) is definitely worth it. It sucks when the price goes down (rare for these), so you just have to put that disappointment aside and focus on the important stuff... Why you picked the cabin you did when you did.

To make the OP feel better, in the UK, price drops are generally not honoured after booking, not just final payment, plus if we cancel up to final payment we lose our deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're UK passengers and they gave us a refund after booking.

So we made final payment last week for a celebrity cruise and today the price dropped $200 per person!! TA says I can pay some more, $260 pp, and go to a sky suite, or I can have A1 aqua class which they consider an upgrade. Well, we booked C1 specifically to have an aft balcony cabin which aqua doesn't offer plus aqua is actually less expensive than C1, and I don't want to pay extra for a sky suite which also isn't aft. I'm not too pleased now, I would prefer a shipboard credit. Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

My cruise went down $300 per person exactly 14 days after I booked it. It was already after final payment when I originally booked. I did give Celebrity a call (well actually my TA who then contacted Celebrity). Answer was so sorry, nothing we can do.

I was totally out of luck. Now I am going to wait 4-5 weeks before sailing to book.

Cruise cabin prices fluctuate with supply and demand. Airline seats also fluctuate. In many cases, the price will change after final payment is due. If the ship is close to full, prices will go up. If there are several empty cabins, prices may go down. Waiting to book may land you a lower price. That is okay if you are not particular about cabin size or location. GTY is also a way to save. If you need to buy an airline ticket to get to the cruise, the savings by booking late will cost you more to buy the airline seat. I only wait if there is a way for me to get to the cruise cheaply. I saved money on a Summit to Bermuda cruise in May out of Bayonne, NJ. I live in NJ. I drove to the port. Booking early gives you a better selection of cabins. Remember there are many cruises that do sell out. If you have cruise that you really want to take, book it early. Once on the ship, never discuss cruise prices. If you do, somebody will always feel bad. Just book, relax, and enjoy.

Okay the price for a guarantee veranda for my cruise on Sunday just dropped to 1,399 the same price I paid for a guarantee inside 12. I called my TA and she called Celebrity and they said I couldn't upgrade because the manifest has already been sent to the ship. This does not make sense. If I was booking a new reservation tonight they have to send that to the ship. Sounds fishy to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7

So we made final payment last week for a celebrity cruise and today the price dropped $200 per person!! TA says I can pay some more, $260 pp, and go to a sky suite, or I can have A1 aqua class which they consider an upgrade. Well, we booked C1 specifically to have an aft balcony cabin which aqua doesn't offer plus aqua is actually less expensive than C1, and I don't want to pay extra for a sky suite which also isn't aft. I'm not too pleased now, I would prefer a shipboard credit. Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been in this position also, have your TA fight for you.

cruise critic has a price drop feature, that is how I tracked the prices.

I spoke to my TA and a man at celebrity, both told me the same thing. No onboard credit. But, like I said it's really no problem. With that price drop feature I was able to see there were periods when the price went up and at one point it went down $100 pp before final payment, and I got that refunded no problem. Also, I found the air price has gone up $100 pp, so I think it balances out in the long run. But, it's just my nature to always try and save money. I recently saved $30 on an online purchase just by doing a google search for coupon codes for the merchant, I was amazed.

This is the first time we will have an aft balcony, always thought I would like one, so I made it a point to book one on this cruise cause you never know when you might be on your last cruise. Normally, would have booked a regular balcony and would have jumped at the chance to try aqua. The aft balcony was more important in this instance. We will be on the ship for 2 weeks, btb, and you know the price for the first week never dropped. Safe travels.