Shampoo/Conditioner/Skin Care Products in Suite

Jeanne S

Can anyone tell (and this would be for Navigator in particular) the current scent being provided? Last year it was this overpowering mint scent that gave my traveling companion and several passengers we met a headache (I just did not like the scent). After using shampoo, conditioner and body lotion one smelled just like a mint plant. Someone drinking bourbon joked that she must smell like a Mint Julep). We wound up purchasing other products. Usually I bring my own everything, but had assumed the products on board would be just fine. The brand was excellent; it was just that minty smell.

We all wrote about this on our comment cards, suggesting something more floral perhaps.

Thanks

Jeanne

Thank you. I know what I need to pack now! We though maybe this was a discontiuned product line Radisson was getting cheap and dumping on its passengers as we could not imagine anyone paying for it (and at those prices for this brand).

It's been almost a year since we were aboard the Mariner but at that time the bathrooms were supplied with Aveda products. The shampoo and conditioner were rosemary mint, and there was a shower gel and body lotion also but I don't remember if they carried the same scent. They also provided bar soap. I thought they were okay and not overpowering so I'm guessing they were not the same products as on the Voyager of late.

My wife's always liked the products on Navigator, PG and (last summer) on Voyager. It's been over 3 years since we were on Mariner so she was curious if maybe RSSC had elimiated the toiletries provided as one of the "cost cutting" mesures we've read so much about lately. Marna Lou, thank you for the update. It will ease Gretchen's mind and packing angst considerably.

Greg

We have had Aveda's Rosemary-Mint products on our last couple of Radisson cruises. We like these products very much, and prefer them to most "floral" scented shampoos and conditoners which we usually find to be artificial and overpowering even when manufatured by high end companies. No, we did not smell like lamb chops and the mint smell lasted only a short time after showering!

By the way, I am extremely sensitive to scents and am allergic to many common scented products. I usually use unscented bath products. If I can tolerate Aveda's Roemary-Mint, it can't be very strong!

gdlamberth, Aveda products are fairly expensive and are certainly not part of any cost cutting program!

My wife had been very happy with the products provided before. Her fear about cost cutting was that none would be provided at all (as with our recent Royal Caribbean crusie). She like Blackbird is just happy as heck not to have to pack that stuff.

Greg

Same question for Mariner. My DH would like to know whether conditioner, shampoo, body lotion, and similar products are provided. We just came off a RCCL cruise where bar soap was all that was provided.

Greg

You will be given all that you need of Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion and Bath Gel on any Radisson Ship. I remember that bar of soap on Serenade of the Seas - the one bar (My problem was with the mint scent).

We had the Aveda Rosemary-Mint bath products on the Diamond in February. I suspect that everyone in this thread is talking about the exactly the same products. While I am sure that Aveda is a fine brand, we also had problems with it. We found the scent was completely overwhelming and very long-lasting as well. While others here have found it pleasant. This is the problem. It might be better if the scent was not noticeable to be acceptable to a wider range of people such as a ship's population. A more neutral product would probably find wider acceptance as well as not actually bothering anyone. Also, I am allergic to aloe vera and while I checked the bottle of lotion and did not find it there (where one usually finds aloe), it was in the bath/shower gel and I found out the hard way with hives for 2 days. It sounds like RSSC has used the same product for at least a year now. We will have to pack toiletries for our next cruise. Debbie

On the Mariner in June we had the Aveda. I'm used to having used soap replaced daily in the bathroom,which did not happen on the Mariner. I even tried hiding the soap and toiletries a few times and,still,nothing was replaced. Maybe it was just our stewardess. The regulars here probably remember my adventures with cabin service.

This is the product line. It's all natural stuff and good for the enviornment too. They use packages large enough for a week for two people, but, no problem getting more if you run out or low. The Aveda line is a quality product. I loved the body wash. The shampoo and conditioner in the Rosemary mint made my hair too soft for styling but I love their Black Malva product.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6158&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5789

This is the product line. It's all natural stuff and good for the enviornment too. They use packages large enough for a week for two people, but, no problem getting more if you run out or low. The Aveda line is a quality product. I loved the body wash. The shampoo and conditioner in the Rosemary mint made my hair too soft for styling but I love their Black Malva product.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6158&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5789

Hi Cathy:

How are things in CA?

So this is why my hair was so limp - all the while I thought it was the humidity.

My niece and I are going to visit the Mayor (again) in St George's at his Internet Cafe or Gift Shop - Michael Jones and his pet Cockatoo that became extremely attached to your husband on the Town Criers Tour. One evening I was watching This Old House on PBS which was portraying Bermuda and guess who – Mr. Jones and Po the Cockatoo. This gentleman really gets around. We had no idea what a celebrity he was in Bermuda.

Jeanne

The hairdresser on the Mariner in July stated that " the water onboard the ship was so soft that she did not use conditioner;" so, maybe it's the water, not the shampoo. Loved the scent of the bodywash; very energizing, but did not linger!

Hello!

I just got home from the 8/13 sailing on the PG. I don't know if it is like this on all RSSC's, but we did not have Aveda products in our room. It was some brand I have never heard of, I forget the entire name, but it was some Spa. It was a woman's name then the word Spa. I was upset it was not Aveda, so we never opened the products to smell them, luckily I did bring my own products with me (I almost didn't when I read it was Aveda products).

-Chrissy

Archived