Onboard Preferences

MightyQuinn

I can see from the pic that Glenfiddich is available but can anyone tell me if Highland Park Malt is included in the 'free' pours and whether we could get a bottle for our suite? I could live with Glenfiddich but prefer Highland Park you see.

Hi MV21, on our previous 2 cruises on Quest, Highland Park not available anywhere on the ship and we were told they never have it. Next time we will take our own.

Yes,I am pretty sure too that Seabourn never stocks Highland Park - my favourite though I rarely drink whisky. They do have at least 4 single malts, including MacAllan, and others available for payment. I personally think the choice of upscale drinks on Seabourn is pretty good - Remy Martin, Grey Goose and Belvedere and Ketel 1 for instance. Certainly enough to satisfy my perhaps not very sophisticated tastes.

At least much better than another 'luxury' line with very small ships who only include Glenfiddich for whisky, and Martell for cognac - pretty pathetic IMO.

Hi MV21, on our previous 2 cruises on Quest, Highland Park not available anywhere on the ship and we were told they never have it. Next time we will take our own.

We'll we will simply have to cancel our cruise!!!!!

Just kidding, we are really looking forward to our "maiden" voyage with Seabourn next year. We have cruised regent a couple of times and Oceania on the Riviera but are looking forward to Seabourn as it seems (and supported by our TA) that the service is pretty special. Can't wait.

Hi, we are going to 12 Gems of JAva this november. Is our first SB, and after read this threat i was wondering where do you place the specials orders??

In the website they show a list of drinks but i will prefer at least black label for scoths and hendriks gin. Have you ever tryed to order this for the mini bar at the room?? and where do you fill you request?? i have wrote it on the soft drinks secctions where they have space to fill in the gap, is that correct??

And other special... do you know if they have diet reb-bull (or other diet energy drink???)

Thank you very much!!!

Yes you can just write it in that section or just wait until you get onboard. No matter what I write the wrong wine always shows up so when our stewardess comes to our suite to welcome us I just ask her to switch it out and it is done by that evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP here. We recently returned from our first SB cruise and thought I'd update this thread.

Our beverage preferences didn't make it to Quest, even though we completed the online form several weeks before departure and received acknowledgement from SB that our preferences were noted. No biggie! Our stewardess promptly secured Grey Goose and Pellegrino, but sad to say, Pyrat was not available onboard. They offered Bacardi as a substitute, which we declined.

The lesson? If you have a special request beyond the listed beverages, best not to rely on the online form alone. Follow up directly with SB well in advance of departure to ensure that your preferences are noted. In chatting with staff onboard, I'm assured that SB will do all they can to accommodate your request.

That little glitch didn't affect our overall enjoyment at all. We loved everything about SB and look forward to being aboard again.