Breeze eastern or southern?

mdwcruises

Could you wait til November? Those aren't very good months .

Not really. There will be 5 or 6 of us and Sep and Oct will be only time when all of us can travel.

I did the southern route on the Breeze last year during October. Weather was great and the ports awesome.

Thank you!

Edited by mdwcruises

I would prefer the southern itinerary. Aruba & Curacao are beautiful. Plus they are both below the 'hurricane zone'. Eastern would be prime area for Atlantic storms but the chance of it interrupting your cruise would be slim.

I would ignore the hurricane possibility and pick the ports that are most attractive to you. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and you will have a blast.

Edited by Fla Senior

We've done both on the Breeze, and they both were AWESOME!!!!:D:D

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

What is the itinerary for the Eastern?

I know they have a couple of different ones.....

We did St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. Amazing, MINUS Nassau:mad:

Thank you everyone! Southern it is!

I would prefer the southern itinerary. Aruba & Curacao are beautiful. Plus they are both below the 'hurricane zone'. Eastern would be prime area for Atlantic storms but the chance of it interrupting your cruise would be slim.

I would ignore the hurricane possibility and pick the ports that are most attractive to you. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and you will have a blast.

Thank you!

We've done both on the Breeze, and they both were AWESOME!!!!:D:D

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

What is the itinerary for the Eastern?

I know they have a couple of different ones.....

We did St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. Amazing, MINUS Nassau:mad:

Yes! that is route I am looking at. It has a couple unusual stops. :) but I think I will go with the southern route.

We cruise every Oct... the 16th is our anniversary and we take a yearly honeymoon ;) We have never had a problem with hurricanes. Last year we did the Breeze 8 night eastern and loved it so much we are doing we are doing the southern this year...we like all the ports except Tortola so we made it a ship day!!!!

I was also looking at the southern (9/2015) and eastern (10/2015) itinerary on the Breeze. We have sailed the Breeze going to Antiqua, Tortola, Nassau and St. Thomas but the itinerary I'm looking at goes to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk and Puerto Rico. The only port we have been to in this group is Puerto Rico. Has anyone been to St. Kitts and St. Maarten? I have heard great things about Curacao and we have not been to any of the ports in the southern itinerary. So based on these ports, is the southern still a better choice? I should say, we would prefer to sightsee. Don't mind doing water related stuff, just don't want to go to a beach and sit. Any input is appreciated.

I was also looking at the southern (9/2015) and eastern (10/2015) itinerary on the Breeze. We have sailed the Breeze going to Antiqua, Tortola, Nassau and St. Thomas but the itinerary I'm looking at goes to St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk and Puerto Rico. The only port we have been to in this group is Puerto Rico. Has anyone been to St. Kitts and St. Maarten? I have heard great things about Curacao and we have not been to any of the ports in the southern itinerary. So based on these ports, is the southern still a better choice? I should say, we would prefer to sightsee. Don't mind doing water related stuff, just don't want to go to a beach and sit. Any input is appreciated.

The eastern route islands are more scenic and hilly. The southern islands are more flat and all beach. Do you prefer the former?

The eastern route islands are more scenic and hilly. The southern islands are more flat and all beach. Do you prefer the former?

We are taking our 12 yr old granddaughter and she has already swam with the dolphins in Grand Cayman. It's not that we don't like to go to the beach, I just enjoy sightseeing more. Would prefer not to spend the whole time on an island just being at the beach. I guess I would prefer her to see and learn about as much of an island as possible. Flat or hilly doesn't really make a difference as long as there is more to do than just swim.

We are taking our 12 yr old granddaughter and she has already swam with the dolphins in Grand Cayman. It's not that we don't like to go to the beach, I just enjoy sightseeing more. Would prefer not to spend the whole time on an island just being at the beach. I guess I would prefer her to see and learn about as much of an island as possible. Flat or hilly doesn't really make a difference as long as there is more to do than just swim.

I hear you. I also prefer a bit of variety and the eastern routes offer that while the southern islands are all beach. I have been to most of the islands on the eastern route except Tortola and Antigua. Been to both St Kitts and St Martin, and they are beautiful destinations. We did island tours on both and had a great time.