Update - Kicked off my Royal cruise

Beachammo

Can't locate the old thread....I guess it was removed? I wanted to send a follow up to the posters of that thread. So here it is:

After 107 minutes, 4 humans, and one hang-up, Royal would not budge off the original offer of $200 OBC and price protection on the cruise either before or after the chartered Dave Koz cruise. I decided just to take the offer and go on February 7th, 2016. I love Royal once I get on the ship...just not everything they sometimes do before hand.

That's a shame. IMO it's not enough for what they did.:mad:

Disagree. This is a cruise that is well over a year away, and OP couldn't have incurred any non refundable out of pocket expenses such as airfare yet (perhaps a Priceline hotel). Moving over a week is hardly a hardship this far out, and $200 for the minor inconvenience is more than fair, IMO. It's also $200 more than OP would have gotten from Princess, which offers nothing but an apology.

Edited by critterchick

That's a shame. IMO it's not enough for what they did.:mad:

I lost the wrap around and the prefered cruise date...but I will continue to check daily between now and then for a cabin cancellation.

Thanks to all that replied on the old thread.

Hey, unless you've got something nonrefundable in there you basically just earned 200 bucks =) No different than being the guy bumped off his flight and getting a free ticket in exchange. I've volunteered for that that a few times. It's a nice deal.

Hopefully you are able to pick a cabin you're happy with and have fun =)

Disagree. This is a cruise that is well over a year away, and OP couldn't have incurred any non refundable out of pocket expenses such as airfare yet (perhaps a Priceline hotel). Moving over a week is hardly a hardship this far out, and $200 for the minor inconvenience is more than fair, IMO. It's also $200 more than OP would have gotten from Princess, which offers nothing but an apology.

If you booked day one so that you could put together the best B2B with the best balcony cabin...you might think differently.

If you booked day one so that you could put together the best B2B with the best balcony cabin...you might think differently.

I agree! If I do a back to back I do not want to have to move cabins. That's half the benefit of the b2b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a change that is a year out isn't a big deal to some people, but it might be an issue to others. Changing cabins on b2b cruises or dealing with work schedules or anything else. You never know what people have already set in place for a cruise in the future. I have one booked in Oct 2015 that took a lot of time to figure out when all of my family could join. If that got chartered, we would have to cancel and go to Disney. While no money would be lost yet, I think that would move all of us to another line. Finding a week that works for 20 people, even a year out is very difficult.

I agree the 200 is fair this far out. Kinda sucks that it happens but i guess from a business perspective on their end..... Kinda funny how op first thread was removed. I was looking for it.
Only took me 2 seconds to find it http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094199 OOP's thats the other one sorry:o:o Edited by FLACRUISER99

Been there, done that. Ship happens - we took what we considered to be a gift for the inconvenience and moved on. I'm curious what you would consider to be fair compensation.

Maybe a change that is a year out isn't a big deal to some people, but it might be an issue to others. Changing cabins on b2b cruises or dealing with work schedules or anything else. You never know what people have already set in place for a cruise in the future. I have one booked in Oct 2015 that took a lot of time to figure out when all of my family could join. If that got chartered, we would have to cancel and go to Disney. While no money would be lost yet, I think that would move all of us to another line. Finding a week that works for 20 people, even a year out is very difficult.

Every major line will charter their ships and cancel existing bookings or change a ship's schedule if it suits them. We have had entire itineraries scrubbed on us as RCI chased what they perceive to be a more profitable market. I would be surprised if many people have difficulty changing their work schedules 18 months out, though.

I do, however, wish that RCI would be more flexible in which cruises they offer as a substitute with the price guarantee. When they lost a contract to provide housing on Jewel and Radiance for the 2010 Olympics, they offered us a partial Panama Canal transit instead of the Vancouver-LA route we had planned on. We were able to change, but it took some persistence, and they've become less accommodating since then. Pity, since all they would need to do is allow one to change to a comparably priced cruise.

i received an inferior cabin in my opinion and $200 OBC was not adequate compensation. It wasn't about the money. Royal could of given us a JS to make up for the loss of the wrap around balcony.

Proper compensation is different for each person.

I'm ready to move on and have a "Royal" time!

It sounds like you have a good attitude about your unfortunate situation. You are so fortunate to have the opportunity to go on a B2B...we have to wait 4 more years to do that because we can't take that much vacation time while we are still working.

Have a wonderful time!!!!