hotels and flying out of Miami ???

Paula B

We have always flew into FLL the day before our cruise. Air flights are really high this coming March so I checked around different airports. If we fly in and out of Miami it will be half the price I have found. We are thinking about getting the ship transfers from Miami and back to the airport and staying one night in Miami on our return. We would like to find a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and stay one night and have them take us back the next morning for a early flight home. Does anyone have any suggests where to stay.

Skip the ship transfers - a taxi between MIA airport and POM is only $25+tip for the cab = about 1/2 of the cost of ship transfers. ;)

After your cruise you can stay near the MIA airport - several nice hotels (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, Sofitel, etc.) in the Blue Lagoon area that include free airport shuttles.

Instead I would choose to stay in either Miami Beach or downtown Miami. South Beach is the "Miami" you see in the movies and TV shows; a $15 cab will get you from POM to SB where you can enjoy the beach, great dining, people watching, nightlife, etc. A $32+ cab will get you to the airport the next day.

Search these boards & trip advisor for suggested hotels in Miami and SB.

Thanks for all the information we have never been to Miami and it sounds like downtown sounds nice. We will have all day and it sounds like everything will be in walking distance for us to enjoy the day and be a good area.

We have always flew into FLL the day before our cruise. Air flights are really high this coming March so I checked around different airports. If we fly in and out of Miami it will be half the price I have found. We are thinking about getting the ship transfers from Miami and back to the airport and staying one night in Miami on our return. We would like to find a hotel that will pick us up at the airport and stay one night and have them take us back the next morning for a early flight home. Does anyone have any suggests where to stay.

Finding flights to Miami are very high right now for March as well. I don't know whether to book our flights now or wait until January in hopes that the costs go down?

Finding flights to Miami are very high right now for March as well. I don't know whether to book our flights now or wait until January in hopes that the costs go down?

March is still peak season (school spring breaks) and since Easter is April 5th the fares will stay high through the beginning of April. Flights could quite possibly go up :eek:.

March is still peak season (school spring breaks) and since Easter is April 5th the fares will stay high through the beginning of April. Flights could quite possibly go up :eek:.

Wondering the same. We are flying to MIA on 2/28 and back home on 3/6, still hoping we "might" be able to get something. We could fly into FLL, but the cost savings with adding on transfers to POM and a departure from PIT - 2.5 hours from us requires an additional pretrip hotel stay. So, not much savings...

sigh!

I have a question please.

I am deciding whether or not to fly into MIA or FLL for my cruise next year on September 4th which is the day before the cruise.

Seems airfare is quite a bit lower to fly into MIA than FLL, however is it a long way from a hotel in Miami to Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise? Does anyone know if the hotels would pick up at the airport, take us to the hotel, then take us to Port Canaveral?

Or should I bite the bullet and fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before and go from there?

We don't need to see any sites. Mainly looking for a place to sleep the night before.

Thank you for any advice in advance!

You should be looking at Orlando for your cruise if you are leaving out of Port Canaveral.

Do you mean Port Canaveral or do you mean Port Everglades with the latter serving Fort Lauderdale?

If the price is close just go with Fort Lauderdale for the convenience.

If not, then look at a private vehicle or shuttle but be sure to factor in those costs when you make your decision.

Keith

I have a question please.

I am deciding whether or not to fly into MIA or FLL for my cruise next year on September 4th which is the day before the cruise.

Seems airfare is quite a bit lower to fly into MIA than FLL, however is it a long way from a hotel in Miami to Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise? Does anyone know if the hotels would pick up at the airport, take us to the hotel, then take us to Port Canaveral?

Or should I bite the bullet and fly into Ft. Lauderdale the day before and go from there?

We don't need to see any sites. Mainly looking for a place to sleep the night before.

Thank you for any advice in advance!

There are no FLL/PE area hotels that will pick you up at MIA - it is a 40-45+ minute drive.

If you can save $$ flying into MIA for a cruise from PE I would do it. :cool:

A one-way car rental to FLL is likely your easiest and among the cheapest options for transport from MIA to the FLL area. You could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL and then use a cab/shuttle to get to your FLL area hotel. If arriving late you could stay near MIA (lots of hotels with airpoirt shuttles) and then use the cruiseline transfer bus to get to your cruise the next day.