Wine In Checked Luggage or Carry On?

txgolfergrl

Taking wine on board for the first time (tomorrow! YEA!!). Do I put it in my carry on or in checked luggage? Thanks!

Either way is acceptable to the cruise line, but I find it more convenient to carry on. I don't have to worry about breakage, and potential delays in bag delivery when they scan and see bottles in the checked bag.

Edited by clarea

Either way is acceptable to the cruise line, but I find it more convenient to carry on. I don't have to worry about breakage, and potential delays in bag delivery when they scan and see bottles in the checked bag.

The 'breakage' and potential delay is exactly why I was thinking carry on was better. OK, cool. Thanks!

This is NO LONGER ALLOWED.

RCI's new policy clearly states it MUST be in your carry-on ONLY. If they find it in your Checked Luggage, you will be called to the Naughty Room, and it will be confiscated.

Hope This Helps.

Edited by DHADEN

RCI's new policy clearly states it MUST be in your carry-on ONLY. If they find it in your Checked Luggage, you will be called to the Naughty Room, and it will be confiscated.

Hope This Helps.

Please post a link to this new policy.

Hope This Helps.

Below is the link to the "Bringing wine on board" rule. No where does it state that it has to be carry on only. Where are you getting this information ?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I've done both but it is meant to be in your carry on

Never had an issue if it were in my checked bags but could go naughty room till they check it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We absolutely had to do the "walk of shame" to the "naughty room" when we had wine in our checked bags just after they began letting people bring it on board on a Thanksgiving cruise two years ago. They returned it to us because the policy was so new. I don't know if the policy has changed since then, but I would recommend bringing it in your carry-on.

What is this "naughty room" people keep talking about. We are new to RC so the lingo is new as well.

Usually an area on deck 1 (varies by ship) where the security people gather the "suspicious" luggage. They ask you to come down and open your bag so they can inspect the suspect items.