What is the earliest flight back from NO?

Donna - dsw

Personally, we would never book before 11 am, even domestic. There are absolutely some things which are beyond your control and can delay you, such as late arrival due to weather or marine traffic, customs and immigration delays, long check in and security lines at the airport... all things to consider.

Others may say you are fine with a 9 am flight, but like I said, we wouldn't do it.

Agree with Langley Cruisers. We don't like to rush, so we usually look for flights at noon or slightly after. 11am is fine too.

Yes, you probably could make an earlier flight than that, assuming nothing went wrong with your docking and disembarkation, and assuming that you were in the first group off the ship, and assuming you have your transportation ready and waiting. But I've seen some very long lines to check bags at the New Orleans airport on disembarkation days....so why subject yourself to all that stress? Presumably you just went on vacation to get away from that stress, right?

Over the past five years we've passed the airport on our way home as early as 8:45 am and as late as 2 pm depending on all of the above possible situations.

If everything is perfect, you may get there as early as 9 am, but, maybe 2 pm.

I would plan on 11:30 or later.

Thanks everyone - sad thing is - I am already booked on a 9:25 am flight home. Just wondering if I should change now or just go with the flow and see what happens that day?

If possible to change I would to many things can go wrong. Also do you really want to spend time on the cruise worrying about making your flight home? The days of I'll just catch a later flight are pretty much gone the airlines fly so full now if you don't make yours don't count on gettimg a later flight so easy. You do catch one break the Saints have a Monday night game out of town the weekend you get back. The flu can hit the port area at any US departure port on game day.;)

... I am already booked on a 9:25 am flight home. Just wondering if I should change now or just go with the flow and see what happens that day?

To "see what happens that day" means you must have a back-up plan in place. I mean, you won't know anything is going to go wrong until you are right in the middle of it, correct? By then it's too late.

Please change the flight. :)