Norwegian Getaway Review with 107 photos & 9 videos!

Spaniel Lover

All I can say is this review was awesome. I have spent my morning (at work :eek:) reading it and enjoying the writing and the pictures so very much. Thank you for taking the time to share. NCL will thank you too because on my lunch break today I will be upgrading from my regular balcony cabin to a suite!!! :D

Thanks for the Pics and Video. I completely enjoyed your review. Sailed Getaway week of September 13 and it was a treat to see some of the many things we missed. There are not enough hours in a day to do all the Getaway offers, I did however "walk the plank" (on my 2nd try).

• 3 months later...

WOW! Just, wow. What an amazingly thought out, detail review complete with fantastic photos and video.

I am very new to CC, and my husband and I have never cruised before. I actually posted earlier on the New Cruisers subforum asking if anyone ever felt like their head would explode with all the information when first researching. :eek::confused: Let me tell you, I have been researching non-stop, and literally non-stop, since Saturday when my husband and I decided to dive into the world of cruising. I have researched DCL, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and, lastly, NCL. Your review has made my head stop spinning! I know, now, which ship I want to sail on, which suite I want to stay in, some of the food I want to eat, and all of the amenities I want to take advantage of. Seriously, NCL should pay you for this review, because you made up my mind for me. You took all the guess work out of it. I cannot express enough how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to post. :)

Thank you for the great review. My husband and I are also Platinum members of Carnival and are now branching off onto other cruiselines. After your review I am really excited about the Getaway. We are from NE Pa and January is so cold so we are looking forward to our "Getaway". Thanks again for the detailed review.

THank you so much for your awesome review. We set sail in 7 days on the Getaway. We are taking our 3 young boys, and we are all really excited to be someplace warm. This will be my 8th cruise, but first with NCL. I am excited to see how it compares. I have to say so far my favorite line is Disney. Simply amazing. I highly recommend. If you have grandkids, then for sure. Even if you don't have grandkids, there are so many adults only spaces on board that we loved it. Anyway, thanks again for all your information. I am going to show it to the boys tonight. Happy sailing.

WOW!!! This has been the best review I have read about the Getaway. Even though we aren't sailing until July, your review has me in full cruise mode JIM ZIM :) Excellent pictures and videos! I made several notes from your review and also your camera settings you suggested. What tripod do you use? I have the Canon Rebel T3i and just picked up a tripod at Wal-Mart. Your wife is stunning!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great, detailed review!

And that's all I've got for you. Thanks for reading it! If you'd like to read reviews from some of the other cruises I've been on, with that same level of detail and including photos and videos like I did in this review... head on over to my web site at www.jimzim.net

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these amazing reviews. We have been on Allure and Oasis multiple times and love the ships. We are taking a chance and doing the Getaway this summer, I'm worried I will be disappointed compared to Allure but when I look at the cost difference and taking multiple family members we decided to give Getaway a try. Any thoughts on comparison of the Getaway and Allure?

• 3 weeks later...

BRILLIANT review and AMAZING pictures. Stunning really. Now I want your camera!

Loved your insights and thoughts on the ship. Just a beautiful ship and now I want to sail on her. (Wow...seeing a theme...want your camera, want to sail!)

You really did an excellent job - kudo's to you. Looks like you had a blast and also had some wonderful down time, isn't that what cruising is all about?

Thanks so much, Mary

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Loved the pictures and videos, and your narratives were outstanding! I read 1/2 way through before I ventured out into our most recent blizzard to start the clean up of the latest 18" of snow! (7+ feet in the last 3 weeks:eek:) Knowing I could finish your review when I came in not only kept me warm, but made me work faster! Again, many thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to the party but....

FABULOUS review--- I am practically salivating! My husband and I are staying in the exact same suite in September and loved having a preview of coming attractions.

Now...if only the next 5 months would hurry up a bit!

Thank you!!!! :D

And that's all I've got for you. Thanks for reading it! If you'd like to read reviews from some of the other cruises I've been on, with that same level of detail and including photos and videos like I did in this review... head on over to my web site at www.jimzim.net

Excellent review. One of the best (if not THE BEST) reviews I've read here! Well done!