Norwegian Getaway Review with 107 photos & 9 videos!

Spaniel Lover

What a wonderful review. Thanks for talking the time to write it. It is one of the best that I have read on cruise critic. We were supposed to sail the Getaway this April, but had to change our sailing date to October. I really enjoyed the review and the information will be extremely helpful. The only problem is that I now want to change my cabin to a Haven Spa Suite. Just love that in room hot tub! :D

Great review and photos and video. Thank you. This time next week we will be in Miami ready to board in the Saturday [emoji2] your review has made it even more real. It did make me doubt my shore excursion in St Thomas. I've booked with NCL to swim with the sea turtles but your excursion covers that too plus the beach! [emoji51]

Thanks again.

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much for such an informative review. My Wife, 2 kids (8 and 11) and i have never been on a cruise and after reading your review we are booking the 7 day on NCL Getaway! Cant wait, everyones very excited!!! Thanks!! The only ship we've been on is the interisland ferry between the North and South island of New Zealand!!!!

Jim, did you like Norwegian Getaway or Royals Allure the best?

Of all the cruises I've been on, my cruise in The Haven on Norwegian Getaway was absolutely the best. Without a doubt, the #1 cruise of all of them.

Even if one did not stay in The Haven, if you were to buy a spa pass for a few days... I think Norwegian Getaway would beat most of the cruise ships out there. That thermal suite is fantastic... and I can't wait to experience it again next year, when I sail on Norwegian Escape.

Allure had some interesting features... but the food was a real letdown.

• 4 months later...

And that's all I've got for you. Thanks for reading it! If you'd like to read reviews from some of the other cruises I've been on, with that same level of detail and including photos and videos like I did in this review... head on over to my web site at www.jimzim.net

Wow thanks for such a in-depth review it was brilliant ,we go on her 1st april so counting the days. The pictures garden e clear view of what to expect thank you again. Regards Jenny and Frank.

Just echoing what many have said before me - thank you Spaniel Lover for the wonderful review of the Getaway! My family and I are going on our cruise in April 2016 and we cannot wait. Your tips and photos are so very helpful in our trip planning. I hope we don't encounter people like the chair hogs! :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Julie is on the Breakaway and i agree with you she is the best ever, I have been on 8 NCL cruises and she is great, i will be back on the BA 2 more times in NOv and Feb and i hope she always will be there, i know the chances of that happen are small but i only can hope.

I know this is an older post, but FYI....when I went on the Breakaway out of NYC in November of 2014, JC Sanchez was the cruise director on that boat. I guess they moved him from Miami to NYC. I enjoyed him....but that was my first cruise ever, so I didn't have much to compare him to. Coming up on my 2nd cruise....the Getaway on 11/6/16, so thank you for the awesome reviews to the originator of this thread.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am so glad I ran across this review. We have been on 13 Carnival cruises with the last one in 2016 the worst we have ever been on. We are taking the plunge to a different line and are booked on the Getaway. Your review has given me hope that our love for cruising will be renewed. Thank you.

Packing List & To-Do List

Here's my official packing list.

Perhaps this will help you think of things to pack for your cruise.

On a few of the unusual items, I'll provide a link to the exact version I recommend at Amazon.com

Passports

Airline boarding pass

Cruise boarding pass

Luggage tags

If driving, printed directions to the hotel & cruise terminal

Wallet (I actually forgot this on one cruise!)

Swimsuit

Flip-flops

Waterproof beach shoes

Sunglasses

Underwear & socks (incredibly, I actually forgot to bring socks on one cruise)

One dressy outfit

Shirts

Pants

Shorts

Sweatshirt

Deodorant

Q-tips

Hair brush

Nail clippers

Razor

Medications

Toothbrush & toothpaste