How soon do spa passes sell out?

bangzoom6877

If DH and I want the spa pass for the entire cruise, is it necessarily the first place we should head to purchase them as soon as we board the Breakaway? We will have our kids with us and I know they'll want to eat lunch as soon as possible after we board. Lunch in the MDR will also take longer than for most people because I also have to speak with the restaurant staff about my son's food allergies so we know exactly what to do for the duration of the cruise. Should we go eat first or go straight to the spa and get the spa passes? Would we be able to bring the boys with us to purchase the spa passes, or should I ask my parents to stay with them when we head up there?

The thermal suite in the spa is the activity DH and I look forward to the most on a cruise, as we spend at least one hour there per day to relax while the boys are at the kids' camp. So this is very important to us.

Also, we have to go up to the spa to buy the spa pass, right? We cannot buy it at Guest Services or anywhere in the main lobby area, right?

i know how you feel, me and the hubs usually spend a good amount of time relaxing in that area as well. we are going to head straight there as soon as we get on the ship cause if its that important to you on your trip (which it is for us :) ) then why risk it?

that being said i actually don't know how quickly they will sell out id just rather not take any chances lol.

Edited by Freckles83

On the Epic, the spa passes sold out within a hour of the beginning of boarding, so I would expect the situation would be the same for the other NCL Mega-ships. That being said, you might want to just book a spa category cabin to make certain you are not disappointed.

I looked into the spa cabin (balcony for 4 people) and it's $1600 more than what we are paying now for two adjoining inside cabins. Not an option for us, since we are at our spending limit for cruise fare. :(

I'm going to head to the spa as soon as we board for sure!

I hope more people with some experience in this area respond! I'm planning to get a spa pass for my Jade cruise and have wondered the same thing. I'm not planning to board until a couple hours before sail away as we're sailing from Venice and I'll want to spend as much time continuing my exploration there as possible. :o But, I don't want to miss out on getting a spa pass! One reviewer of the same itinerary said she was in the spa for sail away and they were giving tours so she thought the passes hadn't sold out at that point, so I'm hopeful. I'm sailing solo, so the spa is going to be a special indulgence--can't wait to spend some time there every day.

Have you thought of splitting up when you get on board? Your parents could take your kids to the MDR for lunch while you and your DH head to the spa to get your passes. You could then join the rest of your family in the MDR and talk with whomever you need to talk with about your son's food allergies. Good luck! I hope you're able to get passes without being too stressed.

Have a great cruise!

:D

I've had the sticker added to DH's pass when he showed up the first time, so I'll answer no. You can charge both passes to the same card.

They gave me DH' when I bought them (sail away was chaos due to 1200 kids on board, and I surprised him with it.

What is the cost of spa passes?

I think the price may depend on what class of ship; I assume the newer ships have more amenities available to spa pass holders. From what I've read, a pass for a 7-day cruise may be $119, $149, or $199. I think the $199 price is for the larger/newer ships, like Breakaway and Getaway. I'll be sailing on the Jade and I've ready both $119 and $149. I'm expecting the higher price and hoping for the lower. :o

I think the price may depend on what class of ship; I assume the newer ships have more amenities available to spa pass holders. From what I've read, a pass for a 7-day cruise may be $119, $149, or $199. I think the $199 price is for the larger/newer ships, like Breakaway and Getaway. I'll be sailing on the Jade and I've ready both $119 and $149. I'm expecting the higher price and hoping for the lower. :o

You are absolutely right about the different prices for the different classes of ship. For the jewel class ships, according to my PCC, the $119 is low season and the $149 is high. When I did the Jade I did a back to back and I purchased the spa pass for both legs. It was never busy when I went and I don't think they ever sold out of the passes. This might have something to do with it being port intensive cruises so people might not think they would get their money's worth. Ten again every cruise is different so if you really want the pass I would get it as soon as possible.

Have a fabulous time on the Jade and in the spa!

Rochelle

You are absolutely right about the different prices for the different classes of ship. For the jewel class ships, according to my PCC, the $119 is low season and the $149 is high. When I did the Jade I did a back to back and I purchased the spa pass for both legs. It was never busy when I went and I don't think they ever sold out of the passes. This might have something to do with it being port intensive cruises so people might not think they would get their money's worth. Ten again every cruise is different so if you really want the pass I would get it as soon as possible.

Have a fabulous time on the Jade and in the spa!

Rochelle

Good to know. Thanks! I plan to make the spa my first stop when I board. One of the reasons I want to get it is because it's a port intensive cruise and I have arthritis. Soaking at the end of a day of touring will help me immensely to enjoy the following day. :D And, two new swimsuits will arrive tomorrow, so I'll be all set! :D

Thanks!

July 2014 - 14 days Grand Med cruise - the Thermal Spa pass was $238.

I'm planning on doing spa passes on my Gem sailing for hubby and I, in one cabin, and then both of my parents, in another cabin. Could I purchase passes for all of us on my card, even though they are in another room?

They're first time cruisers, and I know they'd like to leisurely explore the ship when we board, and not have to rush up to the spa. I can do that for them, if able. :)

Edited by violettewaits

My advise is keep an eye on the spa balcony pricing. We booked a regular mid ship balcony on the breakaway last March and about 3 weeks before the cruise prices dropped for the spa balcony and we were able to upgrade for a total of $180 for all 3 of us saving us $420 not having to buy the passes @ $199 each.

My advise is keep an eye on the spa balcony pricing. We booked a regular mid ship balcony on the breakaway last March and about 3 weeks before the cruise prices dropped for the spa balcony and we were able to upgrade for a total of $180 for all 3 of us saving us $420 not having to buy the passes @ $199 each.

The spa balcony is no longer available. It's only a mini suite now, even more money.

We will make the spa our very first stop when we board. We get to the ship pretty early too. Last time when we went on the Jewel in 2011, we were on the ship at 11:30am.