Booking future cruise onboard

MLW070

We will be on Allure in three weeks. :)

I use to book an open future cruise certificate onboard but I think there are a lot of changes now. I don't know how soon we will cruise again, should I still book an open cruise for less onboard credit or choose a cruise and postpone it when it gets closer to final payment or just wait and book during a wow sale? Also can you book for one or two passengers and add the kids later? (Not wanting to be out a huge deposit) We may not get to cruise for a year or two, so trying to decide what to do......

You can book for one or two passengers now, and add the kids later. However, you would be adding the kids at the future price is. If you wanted to take advantage of promos they have now, like 3/4 guest sail free, then you would have to book the kids now.

I use to book an open future cruise certificate onboard but I think there are a lot of changes now. I don't know how soon we will cruise again, should I still book an open cruise for less onboard credit or choose a cruise and postpone it when it gets closer to final payment or just wait and book during a wow sale? Also can you book for one or two passengers and add the kids later? (Not wanting to be out a huge deposit) We may not get to cruise for a year or two, so trying to decide what to do......

One thing about the changes, you can always get an appointment on any day with the reps. Not like the old days, when the credits were good and you couldn't get an appt. Now there are more openings than bookings with the reps. Maybe they are trying to do away with them also and put in robots!

Even less that half! For a 7 day cruise, the OBC went from $100 to $25.

I just realized that Royal Caribbean finally did something that effectively improves the standing of the shareholder benefit. I hadn't considered this before, but perhaps the NextCruise bookings aren't as bad if you combine the reduced deposit along with the shareholder benefit's onboard credit.

I just realized that Royal Caribbean finally did something that effectively improves the standing of the shareholder benefit. I hadn't considered this before, but perhaps the NextCruise bookings aren't as bad if you combine the reduced deposit along with the shareholder benefit's onboard credit.

True, as long as you don't want to use a balcony discount.

One thing about the changes, you can always get an appointment on any day with the reps. Not like the old days, when the credits were good and you couldn't get an appt. Now there are more openings than bookings with the reps. Maybe they are trying to do away with them also and put in robots!

This is not the case on all ships. There have been many days, when the appointment book was filled.

Best to sign up immediately after boarding to ensure a time.

Good point. I never thought about that.

True, as long as you don't want to use a balcony discount.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.:D

For us, the Next Cruise program is pretty worthless.

Be aware there is a risk that you may get your OBC reduced to the certificate value if you change your reservation made on board.