Yay price drop!!!

Cathconnie

Booked in January on the breeze under ES and came across a promotion today!!! Thought it wouldn't hurt to call my PVP and I lucked out .... Everything in my booking stayed the same but saved 400.00 on my fare and scored a 50 OBC yea!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello Smiley.

Can you tell me what you said to PVP to get price drop? Are you just asking that Carnival "match" some special sale price or did the cost on your particular trip drop?

I said I was online looking at the carnival fareviewer and it showed there was a new rate and it was 200 less than what I booked and if I qualified for this new rate. She said absolutely and had it all done in a few minutes.

I asked if I would still qualify for drops in the future and she said yes just to give her a call!!

First Carnival experience and price drop!!! This vacation is off to a great start!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cathconnie

Four weeks ago we booked right before ES ended on our Freedom cruise at the end of January and have had 2 drops @ 160 and 140, plus 50 in OBC added with the current promotion. So the 350 saved will cover a good portion of our airfare (or pay for Cheers for 1 of us!)

I keep seeing lower prices on a cruise I booked for our daughters honeymoon, but, every time I call my travel agent to ask if we qualify, she always tells me to leave her where she is? How do get to take advantage of the price drops? I really didn't want any money back, I wanted to upgrade her cabin, or get her an onboard credit?

I keep seeing lower prices on a cruise I booked for our daughters honeymoon, but, every time I call my travel agent to ask if we qualify, she always tells me to leave her where she is? How do get to take advantage of the price drops? I really didn't want any money back, I wanted to upgrade her cabin, or get her an onboard credit?

Is the lower price for a "guarantee" cabin or for a specific rate category (6A, 4B, OS etc.?

If you see a lower fare for her room category, then you should be able to get a lower price for your daughter.

To find the room category, Google the ships name and room number. Example: Carnival Pride 6235, that will tell you the category. In this case 8D

We got a balcony upgrade for the price of our oceanview ! :)

And got a price drop the week prior !

Its always a great idea to always watch the website for fare drops, as most of the time, the TA's do not watch these for you !

Is the lower price for a "guarantee" cabin or for a specific rate category (6A, 4B, OS etc.?

If you see a lower fare for her room category, then you should be able to get a lower price for your daughter.

To find the room category, Google the ships name and room number. Example: Carnival Pride 6235, that will tell you the category. In this case 8D

Thank you for offering to help me understand! It was not a guarantee cabin, but at the time my husband booked, he wanted the cheapest cabin. So, it is an inside aft cabin on the first floor. I googled the category, and it is 4A. When I go on Carnival's site, and act like I'm booking a cabin, with the new "choose & cruise" promotion, even if I choose option 3, that includes upgrades and $50 obc, it is cheaper than what I booked her at? and she could be mid ship up to the 7th floor with no additional costs? I guess I'll email the travel agent for a 3rd time. I just feel like I'm bothering her, rather than feeling like she's working for me. Thank you again for explaining to me.

Thank you for offering to help me understand! It was not a guarantee cabin, but at the time my husband booked, he wanted the cheapest cabin. So, it is an inside aft cabin on the first floor. I googled the category, and it is 4A. When I go on Carnival's site, and act like I'm booking a cabin, with the new "choose & cruise" promotion, even if I choose option 3, that includes upgrades and $50 obc, it is cheaper than what I booked her at? and she could be mid ship up to the 7th floor with no additional costs? I guess I'll email the travel agent for a 3rd time. I just feel like I'm bothering her, rather than feeling like she's working for me. Thank you again for explaining to me.

Sorry you are having a hard time to get her to get these discount for your daughter, keep trying and if she doesn't respond speak to a manager.

:eek: I think you need a new TA.

Have you tried submitting the price drop form on your own?

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

or

http://www.carnival.com/bonvoyage/requestforms/lowest-price-guarantee.aspx

Where it says more comments, include the rate code for your fare. I think it's 001.

Edited by Herbaltees

Way to go, I called last night with a $40 price drop, already had gotten a $184 drop on the 14th and upgraded from a lido balcony to an aft extended about 2 months ago for $20 total. Well turns out we were able to get an extra $20 today because i had only looked at that Choose `N Cruise – Offer 2, did not even see Choose `N Cruise – Offer 1. Now have $244 OBC.