What was the Worst Carnival Cruise?

collinH45

Tropicale 1994. Too long and winded to explain, but let's just say that it was the only time in 30+ years of cruising when I did not tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

CC out of NO new years eve, 2008/2009 embarkation. The crew was celebrating and could not be bothered with passengers. The commode was stuck open in the cabin next door and no one would come to stop it. It flooded theirs and our cabin. They were moved to bottom deck. My daughter raised so much hell we were moved to deck 6 although they had said there were none available. My 89 year old mother and my daughters MIL were in my cabin. I had to repack our stuff and unpack again. Nightmare without my dh WHO takes care of all things in my life. Did not sail again with Carnival until 2012.

Edited by getupgo

Carnival Miracle in March of 2012. Let's just say it started off without working "hotel amenities" and only escalated from there, without a single care from all those involved. This set the tone for the cruise and service failure after service failure was being shown from crew and staff. I won't publicize the overall experience that drove us away from Carnival. There are a few people who are aware of the situation on Cruise Critic, but it does not belong here or on social media, as I have no malicious vendetta against Carnival.

This cruise was after a not so hot cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy, which was less than a month after a not so hot cruise on the Magic transatlantic. At this point, even after being offered free cruises from Carnival, we are still not ready to return.

Edited by Disconnections

I haven't had an overall bad cruise. I just had a couple cruises where certain things annoyed me but not to the point where it ruined my vacation.

Carnival Conquest- The cruise director, I can't remember his name, was the worst I've ever had. He was not engaging at all and not very approachable and seemed annoyed to have to do his job. His entertainment staff weren't any better. I'm someone who likes to do all the trivia and stuff like that so I want an entertainment staff that are fun and upbeat.

Carnival Victory- I was on a specialty cruise. It was the New Kids on the Block cruise. All of us were there for them. They provided all of the entertainment. They put on a game show for us, a concert, parties every night till the wee hours of the morning, beach games on HMC. Heck even when we arrived back to Miami we were supposed to cease our partying as a courtesy to the other ships in port because it was 5 am. However there were no other ships in port so the captain let us continue our party. Anyway that was all fun and very tiresome due to no sleep for four days. The annoying part was the entertainment staff. They pretty much got a vacation for the week because there were no scheduled activities conducted by them. The only time I saw them working was they were put as ushers in the theater to help us find our assigned seats that first night. So since they had a lot of free time they weaseled their way to all the parties and events and weaseled their way to the prime front row spots on the general admission parties. We paid good money to party with the group and they didn't so if they wanted to party they should have got to the back.

Other than those two times, with the entertainment staff, never had any complaints with Carnival. There was day on the Fascination that a lot of people, including me, were getting sea sick. However that was not Carnival's fault we had just hit rough water and it was storming all day. The cruise director, can't remember his name.. lol kept us all informed throughout the day on what to do to combat the sea sickness and a lot of the bartenders came around offering free sprites and ginger ale to everyone. That was nice of them.

I am wondering what was the worst Carnival ship you've been on. You have to include what happen with it and when you got on. I never been on a bad ship.

Hands down for us was the Inspiration b2b. It started off with cigarette smoking and welding smoke from the deck above coming into our cabin. We were the last cabin on the aft deck. Apparently, at least 10 of the cabins on the aft also had the smoke into their cabins and they all demanded to be moved. There were no cabins left to move us. It was horrible!

On the same cruise, zillions of kids running amuck. They played on the elevator, smashed ice cream cones into the elevator keys, fed bread doused with Tobasco sauce to the gulls, drunks every where. So drunk they crawled to their cabins.:eek:

Worse ship in the fleet!

Carnival Fantasy Class - these cruises are too old, small, ugly, and noisy. All the other Carnival classes are good. It's time for Fantasy Class to say bye and retire. Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Fantasy is my very favorite ship - cruised her 12 times and wish she was still in NOLA - I'd be booking again right now.

I've only been on two cruises so far, a RC a looooong time ago and the Triumph back in February. We enjoy the Triumph with all the upgrades and the service was exceptional...not to mention our fun cruise director!

We are going on the Freedom next fall...I'm hoping nobody mentions it as their worst cruise.

Carnival Sunshine Christmas 2013. It was our 3rd cruise. It just didn't compare to the other 2 (Elation and Conquest) in any way. Ship was cramped, a lot of the staff looked miserable, very few were outgoing and friendly, food was just barely ok. For some really odd reason, we could only find one bartender who made a good mango margarita (our favorite drink). The weather was terrible about 80% of the time, of course that is no one's fault. However, despite it all, we were still on a cruise and had as much fun as we could. But we were sure ready to get off on the last day.

Went on the Dream in July and it reminded us how great cruising is! Leaving in 2 days for New Orleans to get on the Dream again on Sunday!!!

Worst cruise was the first West Coast cruise on the Imagination. This was Mom's and my 25th cruise on Carnival.

Lido food was leftover from the canal crossing, wilted lettuce etc. Didn't get better by the end. Taste was off on most things.

Something was wrong with the ATD computer. The hostess had to hand write everything. Line wrapped around the atrium, at times wrapping around to the library. This line was 30 minutes long only to get a beeper. Another wait of 20 minutes to get called. We were willing to share a table. The line started when the MDR opened. We lined up at 6pm.

OTOH the food in the MDR was good, waitstaff friendly and our room steward was one of the best we ever had.

This cruise wasn't as bad as the two on the RCL Viking Serenade.

Edited by SadieN

My "worst" wasn't terrible. It just didn't measure up to the others. Miracle, April 2011. Didn't like the layout, very confusing, still getting lost on day 8. Too many twists & turns, too many hidden things. I prefer for everything to be clear & easy. I don't want to be hunting for hidden spots on a cruise. Plus, there were very few activities going on. Felt like a dead ship. I've heard similar reports to this on all of the Miracle's sister ships as well, the Spirit class. But we had great ports, and I still enjoyed it.

Hands down for us was the Inspiration b2b. It started off with cigarette smoking and welding smoke from the deck above coming into our cabin. We were the last cabin on the aft deck. Apparently, at least 10 of the cabins on the aft also had the smoke into their cabins and they all demanded to be moved. There were no cabins left to move us. It was horrible!

On the same cruise, zillions of kids running amuck. They played on the elevator, smashed ice cream cones into the elevator keys, fed bread doused with Tobasco sauce to the gulls, drunks every where. So drunk they crawled to their cabins.:eek:

Worse ship in the fleet!

Hoping kids were not drunk because they are not suppose to drink alcohol. They would of got in alot of troble for doing that.:confused:

I am wondering what was the worst Carnival ship you've been on. You have to include what happen with it and when you got on. I never been on a bad ship.

I had two. The Destiny and the Muracle.

The Destiny was due to the ship, design, crowds, and layout. We were just glad it was port intensive, which kept us off it more than on.

The Miracle was the passengers. I guess an itinerary of the Bahamas and Port Canaveral with its rock bottom prices, just attracted a bunch of classless rude cruisers.

We now look for premium priced cruises, which doesn't attract those bargain hunters.

Many years ago, aboard "Festival" we had raw sewage backing up into the shower, and although they tried EVERYTHING to stop the problem, it persisted. Fortunately, it was a short cruise, as there were no other cabins available. Carnival refunded 100% of my fare.

Just a couple of years ago, my cruise aboard "Miracle" was ruined by the worst C.D. I've ever had. Malcolm Burn is TERRIBLE, and the only C.D. that I will cancel a cruise for if I find that he's going to be aboard. :mad:

"SKY"

2012 Last voyage as the Destiny.

I secretly upgraded our balcony to a suite for the wife's Birthday Cruise. Day 2 the toilet reversed and flooded the entire suite, under the wall and the hallway. Spent the next 5 days with a pretty damp carpet ( that much water involved) and a hurricane fan running across the carpet. Can't have it running when in the cabin which in turn starts smelly funky. Was definitely the worst. The wife's birthday is day before Halloween and first onboard cruise for a costume party. Got all dressed up and then it's held in a smoke environment. So we didn't attend that. I talked to the CD, who didn't care, and had some lame excuses. We haven't been back since.

I don't think there is such a thing as a bad cruise, but that's just me...

My least favorite so far was on RCL Independence of the Seas, but that was a far cry from a bad cruise, still had a great time, just prefer Carnival more ;)

I think alot of people just like to complain, but again that's just my opinion :cool:

September 2013 on the Pride out of Baltimore....mind you it was our first cruise ever and very nearly our last until we decided to separate out the issues and think about how much fun the rest of it was. There was a blockage in the ventilation system so instead of sort of sucking the air up out of our bathroom it blew all of the funk into our room...yes, everyone except our steward could smell it. It took them days to fix it...they kept saying it was done only to have it not work. On the third day of the cruise...and yes, it stunk when we arrived but being novices we foolishly believed our steward who said it would be ok once the ship started moving...we were awakened by guest services because they had more work to do and decided to start early...their two hour work window was a total fabrication and they knew it...we went to breakfast came back to our cabin to find the door wide open...the workers continually propped our door open and left the cabin unattended...but this time it was filled with five workers...our whole room floor to ceiling was covered in tarps, the furniture was out on the balcony..all of our belongings had been carelessly shoved in the bottom of the closet and the room was covered in sheets and tarps..walls floors...everything...

Throughout the ordeal someone was not really telling the truth, they kept trying to mask the odor and not fix the issue..we literally had to leave our cabin to use the bathroom because the stench was just horrible. Other cruisers began asking are you in THAt cabin? After all the workers left it open so much they could tour it if they wanted to.....guest services was unsympathetic..we had very rough seas and no one had slept one of the nights. I dearly wanted to nap and went to ask when I could get into my cabin...I believe it was the second day...and she handed me two decks of cards and said maybe this will keep you busy until it is ready...it's a miracle I wasn't put off the ship because I was livid....

There's so much more, but you can understand why I was more than a little nervous to ever cruise again, especially with CCL...now that we sailed the Sunshine with a very good result...and for a nice discounted fare because of the last fiasco, and had a beautiful,cabin and no real issues..I feel like I had my real first cruise. We are leaving in 25 days on an NCL cruise as well

The moral of my story is even a bad cruise can really get you hooked on the whole cruise concept, and yes, a bad day on a ship is better than a good day not vacationing!! (Most of the time)

A pic from our pride journey...only the bed and part of the sofa were still in the room. This was when they had trapped everything and was about an hour and a half into the supposed two hours they were going to have our cabin that day.

imagejpg1_zpscd196f7c.jpg

The closet was uncovered by me in an attempt to retrieve my hat and some sunscreen once I realized this wasn't going to be another forty five minutes...the guy in the white looking to the side was finally honest and said. Maybe done by dinner...when I demanded to know what was going on and when it would be done.