Trips on Caribbean Recommandations

storeman

Looking for some Feed back Regarding Recommendations to take 4 seasoned cruisers 2 non cruisers on trips / excursions out of 6 members going only myself can swim the others cant doh :eek: , Celebration of our Silver wedding during our Vacation spent on Beautiful Barbados to be included :cool:

Itinerary is as follows for cruise

01 Jan Barbados

02 Jan Barbados

03 Jan At Sea

04 Jan Grenada

05 Jan Margarita Island

06 Jan At Sea

07 Jan Curacao

08 Jan Aruba

09 Jan At Sea

10 Jan Tortola

11 Jan St. Maarten

12 Jan Antigua

13 Jan St. Kitts

14 Jan At Sea

15 Jan Barbados

Thanks for all feed back received :)

I like everything planned before setting off Bookings / Emails etc :)

Looking for some Feed back Regarding Recommendations to take 4 seasoned cruisers 2 non cruisers on trips / excursions out of 6 members going only myself can swim the others cant doh :eek: , Celebration of our Silver wedding during our Vacation spent on Beautiful Barbados to be included :cool:

Itinerary is as follows for cruise

01 Jan Barbados

02 Jan Barbados

03 Jan At Sea

04 Jan Grenada

05 Jan Margarita Island

06 Jan At Sea

07 Jan Curacao

08 Jan Aruba

09 Jan At Sea

10 Jan Tortola

11 Jan St. Maarten

12 Jan Antigua

13 Jan St. Kitts

14 Jan At Sea

15 Jan Barbados

Thanks for all feed back received :)

I like everything planned before setting off Bookings / Emails etc :)

Well St maarten when we are there we are booked on a private tour_can't remember the name but it got loads of good reviews on trip advisor. One of the stops is the beach where planes fly really low over it. The rest of the tour is around the island.

We are not interested in just going to a beach so are finding other things to do.

I could recommend Cosol tours on Antigua. Excellent day - advertised as about 5.5 hours I think but it was nearer 7 when we went. Food included. Book online before you go but pay at the end of the day.

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

St Lucia, not Antigua?

Sounds a good trip though. One to remember for my Cruise next December 2015.

I could recommend Cosol tours on Antigua. Excellent day - advertised as about 5.5 hours I think but it was nearer 7 when we went. Food included. Book online before you go but pay at the end of the day.

http://www.cosol-tours.com/

This link takes us too St Lucia which is not on our Itinerary love this Island :)

Cosol Tours / St Lucia

St Lucia, not Antigua?

Sounds a good trip though. One to remember for my Cruise next December 2015.

This link takes us too St Lucia which is not on our Itinerary love this Island :)

Cosol Tours / St Lucia

Oops! Sorry! :confused: Perhaps you can keep it on file for another time! :)

Oh well, now I've got the islands sorted in my head :rolleyes: perhaps if you are happy to adopt a DiY and want a gorgeous beach, then take the #22 bus from the bus station in St John's (Antigua!) to Valley Church Beach. One of our favourite spots and easy to do on your own - straight forward to find the bus station and the driver or locals will tell you when to get off. Lovely sandy beach, beach bar, furniture to hire and local jewellery to be purchased!! Sadly, we have St Lucia on our itinerary but not Antigua although St Lucia is lovely too. May have to console ourselves with a trip with Cosol! ;)

Thanks everyone we will take our time look up all of your Recommendations

Heart warming gratitude from Dave & Angela :)

ps I have Noticed Island of Margarita has No Recommendations any feed back why or why it has been removed ??

Edited by storeman

Hi Curacao is lovely to walk into the town, the buildings are very Dutch and painted different pastel colours.There is a bridge across the dock which opens and closes for the ships ,and when its open you cross on a ferry boat .the bridge is constructed of barges.There is a floating fish market on the other side and also a fruit and veg market ,very colourful and nice to look around.

ps I have Noticed Island of Margarita has No Recommendations any feed back why or why it has been removed ??

Margarita Island is an odd one - we've been three or four times and tried the round the island trip, beach transfer and staying around the port (berth!). The fact is there is very little there - nothing outside the area around the berth, so no potential to just walk around the nearest town - there isn't one there. The trips we took we ok but nothing very memorable.

However since you haven't been before, perhaps you would prefer to have a leisurely day around the port. There are some limited facilities at the port, a local craft market, a beach bar and a lovely but small beach just by the ship where swimming is possible. It is quite shallow for some distance. Beach furniture is available too. There used to be more beach space but they have designated some of the shore line at the promontory as a nature reserve or some such so you can't wander as far as you used to be able to. Although we were told that this whole secure area (including beach bar and beach) were for the exclusive use of cruise passengers, it got quite busy with locals. But it is a picturesque spot - just rather limited for space and from what we've seen of the island we feel it's not been themost interesting of islands to visit.

Cane Garden Beach in Tortola was lovely, it is a lovely bay with a couple of restaurants and a glass maker/ artist (if he is still there!). We went on the P and O tour and the tour guide drove us both ways around the island stopping for photo opportunities.

Cane Garden Beach in Tortola was lovely, it is a lovely bay with a couple of restaurants and a glass maker/ artist (if he is still there!). We went on the P and O tour and the tour guide drove us both ways around the island stopping for photo opportunities.

Cane Garden Bay is lovely but if there are more than 2 ships in it can be very busy.

We had a good tour with this company on Margarita, including a boat trip. http://www.margaritaislandvacation.info/Crusin_N_Style.htm

On Tortola look at a trip to Virgin Gorda. We took a ferry, about 10 mins walk from the ship, and there's a shuttle at the other side to take you to thefamous Baths http://simonsen.photoshelter.com/gallery/Virgin-Gorda-British-Virgin-Islands/G0000MO2Fu66endc and other places of interest, http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147358-d147484-r99114815-The_Baths-Virgin_Gorda_British_Virgin_Islands.html

In Antigua you can pick up a tour on arrival. Go past the touts immediately close to where you disembark. We got a great deal with a trip to Nelson's Boatyard, Engish Harbour etc by walking further up the street.

In St Maartin you can take a local bus to Marigot on the French side of the Isalnd. The fare is only a couple of $$ and there's plenty of time to get back for your departure.

Similarly on Curacao. Walk to the bus station, about 10 mins from the ship and get Bus 9a to Westpunt, plenty of time to get there have a swim and a drink/meal and get back to the ship.

St Kitts, we went with Royston, could not fault the tour he gave us including a local takeaway of roti's which we we ate on the beach.

In Barbados if you are there on a Friday or Saturday go to Oistins for the Fish Fry http://www.barbados.org/oistins-fish-fry.htm#.VCRhGmddXTo . A great night out.

01 January Day 1 Barbados

Embark Britannia

Dining:Freedom

02 January Day 2 Barbados

Depart evening

03 January Day 3 Sea Day

04 January Day 4 Grenada

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

05 January Day 5 Isla Margherita

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

Possible Tender

06 January Day 6 Sea Day

07 January Day 7 Curacao

Arrive early morning

Depart evening

08 January Day 8 Aruba

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

09 January Day 9 Sea Day

10 January Day 10 Tortola

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

Tender Required

11 January Day 11 St Maarten

Arrive early morning

Depart evening

12 January Day 12 Antigua

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

13 January Day 13 St Kitts

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

Possible Tender

14 January Day 14 Sea Day

15 January Day 15 Barbados

Disembark

Notice there is no estimate of times when ship docks & leaves anyone has rough idea how long ship has on Islands

Thank you

David & Angela

ps loving recommendations on trips from CC

now working on times we have on each island

Kind regards:)

Hi storeman,

I find this cruise timetable site very useful. If you select 'Port' then scroll to select the country and port, a schedule will come up for the ships in port for a given month. Select January 2016.

http://cruisett.com/content.php

This is the Jan 16 timetable - Britannia isn't showing up yet but presumably will in time (it's not unusual for ships to be 'missing' and come up later.)

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Barbados/83-Bridgetown/January_2016/

However, when your ship does appear, click on it and you will get its whole schedule for the month concerned. I've clicked on Oceana on the 16th Jan 2016 for you to see how it works. (Below) not only does it show the actual port times (Hooray - agree you need to know as it affects your port planning), but it will also show which other ships are in port with you on a given day. That can also have a bearing on planning as lots of ships mean there will be more pressure on the infrastucture (taxis, tours available dockside,beach furniture etc) so can influence what you think is best to do - or how early you need to get off the ship! If you're lucky, your ship berths before the others so you get a head start. ;)

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/P&O_Cruises/Oceana/January_2016/

Hope the links work ok. You'll have to keep checking for updates on the timetable and I would warn you that it's not always 100% reliable. But I take a note of our timings plus those of other ships to help with our decision making in terms of what we decide to do in each port (I've been able to determine our timings on Azura in Jan 15). Hope you find it helpful. :)

Edited by kruzseeka

[quote name=

]Hi storeman,

I find this cruise timetable site very useful. If you select 'Port' then scroll to select the country and port, a schedule will come up for the ships in port for a given month. Select January 2016.

http://cruisett.com/content.php

This is the Jan 16 timetable - Britannia isn't showing up yet but presumably will in time (it's not unusual for ships to be 'missing' and come up later.)

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Barbados/83-Bridgetown/January_2016/

However, when your ship does appear, click on it and you will get its whole schedule for the month concerned. I've clicked on Oceana on the 16th Jan 2016 for you to see how it works. (Below) not only does it show the actual port times (Hooray - agree you need to know as it affects your port planning), but it will also show which other ships are in port with you on a given day. That can also have a bearing on planning as lots of ships mean there will be more pressure on the infrastucture (taxis, tours available dockside,beach furniture etc) so can influence what you think is best to do - or how early you need to get off the ship! If you're lucky, your ship berths before the others so you get a head start. ;)

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/P&O_Cruises/Oceana/January_2016/

Hope the links work ok. You'll have to keep checking for updates on the timetable and I would warn you that it's not always 100% reliable. But I take a note of our timings plus those of other ships to help with our decision making in terms of what we decide to do in each port (I've been able to determine our timings on Azura in Jan 15). Hope you find it helpful. :)

Thank you once again for your Feed back :)

kruzseeka