When Should I Start Watching For Price Drops?

HollandAvery

We booked our cruise but it isn't until November 2015 (ahhhh the torture of waiting!), but I was curious to know when I should be checking the website daily to watch for price drops. Considering it's over a year away at this point I'm assuming there aren't any going to be happening any time soon...but when SHOULD I start watching?

I still consider myself a new cruiser and I've learned SO much from you guys on here, so I know many of you might be able to help me out (:

You should start checking the day after you book. Price drops can happen at any time the cruise line feels the ship is not selling as well as it should. This could be 15 months out or 15 weeks out.

We booked our cruise but it isn't until November 2015 (ahhhh the torture of waiting!), but I was curious to know when I should be checking the website daily to watch for price drops. Considering it's over a year away at this point I'm assuming there aren't any going to be happening any time soon...but when SHOULD I start watching?

I still consider myself a new cruiser and I've learned SO much from you guys on here, so I know many of you might be able to help me out (:

We booked our B2B cruise for Nov 2014 about a year ago. We checked periodically and the price kept going up so we were happy we booked at the price we did.

Within the last 10 days, we have gotten 2 price drops on each leg. First one for a total of $270 and the other of $295. Today, prices are back up.

We also have a cruise booked for Jan, 2015 and 10 days ago we got a drop of $150 which was credited to our balance due. Today, that price is back up.

So, as others have said -- check frequently.

We book Early Saver at a price we are comfortable with up front. Any drops are -- yippee -- :D

• 6 months later...

I'm on the same cruise: 28 Nov 15 on Freedom.

I just applied and got a $60 drop for our Early Saver booking.

In early February this year we booked a balcony cabin on Deck 7 for a B2B on the Breeze for January,10th and 16th 2016. Five days later there was a $100.00 p/p drop in the rate for one of the weeks. We called our PVP and got our remaining balance reduced by $200.00 total on that week.

Last week I ran a mock booking and noticed that the Early Saver Rate included a $50 OBC and upgrades for both legs of the B2B. Again called our PVP and got the OBC for both legs of the B2B and also were moved from the deck 7 balcony to a deck 11 balcony on both legs at no additional cost. Not bad for this far out from our cruise date.

BTW, none of these reductions showed when I checked the Fare Viewer. But they did when I did a mock cruise booking. Just saying!

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

if google cruise fare tracker, there is a website that cost you $1 that will track it for you and email you an alert. I don't waste my time every day :eek: tracking it does it for me :D I can not name it here as it is against the rules. Done this for 7 cruises now and i have caught every price drop

Yep.. way to do it.