Restrictions

pearose

This may sound like a dumb question, but is there any restriction to bringing a bottle of nail polish remover on board? I read the list or prohibited items all I saw was this:

• Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

It doesn't say nail polish remover, but the polish removable bottle itself does say it is highly flammable. Would that be something they consider restricted?

I buy little packets of nail polish remover for traveling because I'm always worried about the bottle leaking in my suitcase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen packets. Do you get them at drugstores? Sounds like a great idea.

[QU OTE=092306;44217067]I've never seen packets. Do you get them at drugstores? Sounds like a great idea.

Right next to the nail polish bottles.

Could make your own-- cotton balls and nail polish in a bag or small container.

This may sound like a dumb question, but is there any restriction to bringing a bottle of nail polish remover on board? I read the list or prohibited items all I saw was this:

• Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

It doesn't say nail polish remover, but the polish removable bottle itself does say it is highly flammable. Would that be something they consider restricted?

No, I would highly doubt nail polish remover would be banned. I think they're more worried about people bringing things on that they could use to make bombs/explosives and/or set the ship on fire. I would bring it with you and not worry about it. :) But, I would wrap the bottle in a couple of plastic bags so it doesn't leak all over your clothes (you don't want to smell like that the whole cruise).

?

In these times of flying etc. there are no longer dumb questions, only dumb policies 😜

the packets are really cool. They come in a box and all individual like towlettes. Way better for traveling.

Yep, This is what I was going to recommend. We stock these on our hospital uint and I just recently found a different brand of them at our local walgreens. They are individually wrapped wipes.

We use them on patients that have to go into surgery! They work really well! I actually like them better than regular nail polish remover and cotton balls. Plus its less messy!