Easter cruises: Will the price go down?

KatieCharlotte

Is Easter week really so popular, or will the price go down? Right now, it's more per day than a better cruise on the same ship Christmas week. Please tell me there's hope the price will get better closer to the sail date. I've never had to sail Easter week before.

Boring details -- Our kids' spring break unfortunately is Easter week this year. I've had my eye on a 7-day Sunshine cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau, and Grand Turk, but the price is so much more than we've paid for previous cruises. $647/person for five people in an inside and that's early saver. We could take an 8-day to the same ports except the much better St. Maarten instead of Nassau over Christmas break for $700/person not early saver.

Katie - If only my crystal ball were working I could answer that! :p

As much as I'd like price drops on all my cruises, I just don't seem to encounter them very often and never when I've booked during popular cruising times. If I feel it's just too expensive to start with, I don't book. I just can't make myself book above my budget with the hope of a price drop.

I was looking for a particular itinerary on a particular ship and the few times it was offered were all over holidays, making it even more expensive than it had been in the past, so I just gave up. :(

Is Easter week really so popular, or will the price go down? Right now, it's more per day than a better cruise on the same ship Christmas week. Please tell me there's hope the price will get better closer to the sail date. I've never had to sail Easter week before.

Boring details -- Our kids' spring break unfortunately is Easter week this year. I've had my eye on a 7-day Sunshine cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas, Nassau, and Grand Turk, but the price is so much more than we've paid for previous cruises. $647/person for five people in an inside and that's early saver. We could take an 8-day to the same ports except the much better St. Maarten instead of Nassau over Christmas break for $700/person not early saver.

I wouldn't count on any price drops for Easter Week. Very popular time of the year to sail.....

We've cruised Easter week many times. The only time I've seen prices go down significantly (thankfully I had booked Early Saver) was in 2013 after Carnival was in the news quite a bit.

Due to kids schedules, now we cruise over New Year's...prices aren't much better.

Wait until you see the airfare and hotel rates for Easter week!

Don't think of it as Easter week, think of it as Spring Break - when families and college students are off. It is one of the most popular and expensive times to cruise. There may be price drops, but I wouldn't count on it.

Our school spring break is always the first week of April, so this will be the rare year when it's actually Easter week. Last year we got a great deal on a spring break cruise, but obviously it wasn't Easter week. I don't want to skip an entire year but the prices are a bit out of our budget. I wouldn't book hoping for a price drop. I'll have to make other plans if prices stay this high.

The Cruise fare itself is just a sign of the demand of the season. So I was content on the price. It's the Airfare that blew the idea out of the water. Flights to SJU from ATL are Ridiculous..... starting at $575pp... Geesh!!! I think we'll take something out of Florida for that week.

My options are limited due to my job.(sad face).

We have cruised many times Easter week because our school break always starts Good Friday and ends the following Sunday . They are always full , and always more expensive than any other time of the year ! BTW, someone mentioned that college kids are on break around this same time. That is not true , college kids are on break much earlier . By a month or so.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

i cruise every year on my kids spring break. usually we sail the week before easter and arrive home on easter sunday. the price increase is for spring break when they know kids are out of school. this sring break we are sailing sun 29mar15-sun 05apr15 on the pride. every cruise we take on spring break the price for 2 adults and 2 children with 2 connecting cabins is around $5K. but we know that going in. i booked this year and did early saver. i have had one price reduction last month for $50 on our balcony room and $20 on our interior room. i check everyday for price reductions.

speak about timing. i just checked our spring break cruise prices like i do every day. and saw on my mother in laws booking it went down now. free upgrade to 8K from 8C. just saved her $138 on her booking. so it does still happen on the spring break cruises you just have to check every day.:D