I'm rather irritated with NCL right now.

cruisecritiquer

Yes, they do charter the entire ship. In this case they gave notice a year in advance. We were booked on the same cruise on 10/30/14. We rebooked on the 11/20/14 sailing.

We had rebooked on that sailing as well but it wouldn't work with DH's work schedule and the plans we already had for the holidays. It would have been nice if they would have given us some options for the following year.

You are 100% in the right here.

You should also drop your PCC because he didn't advocate for you. This should be a no-brainer and easy to fix, even if it requires some exceptions being made.

Call the Miami corporate office at 305-436-3000 between 6am and 2pm PDT.

Don't take no for an answer.

I'm sorry this happened to you. Keep your chin up and I have some advice for you, if you have the time. I always try and figure out if a problem is worth it for my time.

I would call and ask to talk to a superior or top manager. You deserve at the very least your $50 credit because they canned your first cruise for a charter. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Yes, you may spend at least an hour trying to get your OBC back maybe longer or have to play phone tag with NCL reps over a few days. I don't know your schedule and if your available during NCL business hours all the time.

Examples: I had an $25 OBC through my Latitudes perk and upgraded and lost the $25 when I upgraded. I complained to a "normal rep" got the run around about this isn't the current perk when you upgraded..yadda yadda. Tired pointing out this was my LOYALTY Latitudes perk... I still got told NO. I asked for the higher up got my point across, it got fixed.

Be calm, give true facts ( like your letter showing they kicked you off your sailing) and let them know what they did wrong to you in your opinion and what you want them to do to fix it to make you happy. This works really well if you point out how this effected you and this will negatively reflect on them when you speak about NCL to future "possible" guests!

Don't have unreasonable expectations like going above and beyond on your requests to have a problem fixed. I wouldn't back down on getting what you deserve though.

BUT that being said.... sometimes better things come along later. When I had some other major reservation mistakes caused by a NCL rep. A new rep cancelled my cruise and refunded all my pre purchased activities, and amenities without my permission. Caused me a lot of problems cause most of the amenities were gifts paid by family and friends so I had to call everyone to have them check for Credit Card refunds and then ask them to buy everything they bought for us again. I was embarrassed. For this mistake I requested a $50 compensation, I got the $50 OBC but I was still a bit upset over all the trouble the mistakes had caused everyone. 2 weeks later, I received a call from a higher, higher up apologizing and said that after reviewing my situation they wanted to offer an upgrade from my inside to balcony. Yes, I took it cause I was allowed to pick any still available cabin as long as it was in the balcony category at the time. I was very impressed.

Be that squeaky wheel..sometimes you get the oil and a chrome upgrade!! ;)

I received a call from NCL this morning. They gave me the $50.00 credit back for the Pearl cancellation. The person I spoke with, Jean, looked for the promotion regarding the $100.00 OBC for the mini-suite but he said he didn't see the promotion anywhere. I didn't do a print screen so even though I know I saw it, I couldn't prove it. I remember thinking it was odd because that same day there was also a $100 OBC for the inside as well and I had never seen ANY OBC for an inside cabin before. But, he still gave me the credit as a courtesy which was very nice of him. I had accepted that I had erred in not doing the print screen so I would have accepted his response either way. But, I really appreciate them doing this. I also appreciate you for giving me their contact information. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer

I received a call from NCL this morning. They gave me the $50.00 credit back for the Pearl cancellation. The person I spoke with, Jean, looked for the promotion regarding the $100.00 OBC for the mini-suite but he said he didn't see the promotion anywhere. I didn't do a print screen so even though I know I saw it, I couldn't prove it. I remember thinking it was odd because that same day there was also a $100 OBC for the inside as well and I had never seen ANY OBC for an inside cabin before. But, he still gave me the credit as a courtesy which was very nice of him. I had accepted that I had erred in not doing the print screen so I would have accepted his response either way. But, I really appreciate them doing this. I also appreciate you for giving me their contact information. :)

Thanks for the update.

I am glad to read that this finally worked out for you. We too were a victim of the Pearl being chartered (but fully knew it could happen). We were fortunately able to move to another date and got our OBC for the cancellation. BUT I decided to change our cabin category (on the same re-booked cruise, mind you) and they tried to take away the cancellation OBC. My PCC had to jump through hoops to keep it for us.

It's just crazy how difficult they make very simple things some times.

When the reason is their doing, I believe that you should get to keep all that you are compensated NO MATTER WHAT> It should be attached to your Latitude account in my opinion. I would be upset just having to 'jump through hoops' to keep it.

Edited by medicalma'am

Yes, they do charter the entire ship. In this case they gave notice a year in advance. We were booked on the same cruise on 10/30/14. We rebooked on the 11/20/14 sailing.

Last year the Getaway was chartered for the Superbowl weekend, went nowhere.