Menu Comments Appreciated

Oompaland

Its been almost a year since our last cruise. Noticed the menu changed to American Style/Feast. It looks like a smaller menu (less items to choose from) with a sharing option.

Can you please share your thoughts? We are on the Glory. I'm not sure if I like this change but would appreciate your opinions good or bad. Thanks!

I have been on the glory two times this year. I like the menu. I have always been at a table for 2 so I'm not sure about Tue sharing. Plenty of things to choose from. They now have steak house menu items for purchase.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

I had the American Table on Imagination in April and although it was different, it was a good different. I ordered a couple of items to share with the table and it was nice to be able to share and interact in a different way with my table-mates. I was sad that the gazpacho was gone. I was torn on the menu items that were specific to the ports; the tacos I had that were representative of Ensenada were not that great. But everything else was fine.

They've been continuously tweaking the menu. The recipes we had on the Inspiration in February were different than the ones we had in May.

One night we had what was described as a noodle dish. Was more of a Pho' (soup) than a 'Pad Thai' noodle dish. It was very good.

Edited by SadieN

I had the American Table on Imagination in April and although it was different, it was a good different. I ordered a couple of items to share with the table and it was nice to be able to share and interact in a different way with my table-mates. I was sad that the gazpacho was gone. I was torn on the menu items that were specific to the ports; the tacos I had that were representative of Ensenada were not that great. But everything else was fine.

Agree about the tacos. We've learnt to avoid Mexican on Carnival. Did try the Chile Relleno. They're using the wrong pepper. I like hot but d***, burnt my mouth on the thing.

The Los Angeles (So CaL?) salmon served the first night is very good.

I don't know what the American Table menu means. Can someone explain? Only a few choices and everyone has to share??? What if everyone wants something different??

thanks, Debbie

There are plenty of choices, many old favorites, and nobody has to share. There were only 2 or 3 items that were available in larger sizes to share with the tale but you could order individual portions.

Some people had trouble understanding that (go figure), so Carnival has done away with the for the table items on Inspiration and Imagination and I would imaging Glory and Liberty soon, if not already gone.

Carnival continues to tweak the menus, so any reviews from a few months ago or more are likely not valid.

Thanks, that makes sense and now I understand. This was not on my last cruise so was unfamiliar with the concept.

deb

The format of the menu is about the biggest change but again, it is only on 4 ships. The entrees no longer automatically come with sides, so you order whatever sides you want and there is a "Port" section that has an appetizer and entree that is themed for the specific port that day.

"Cruzin Scotty" has started a great trip report here on CC and I just saw pictures of the new American Table menu from 1st night. You can see it on pg 3 of his report. Some of the popular items that had disappeared but were now back during the 8 nights of his cruise. You should check it out. Great report so far.

"Cruzin Scotty" has started a great trip report here on CC and I just saw pictures of the new American Table menu from 1st night. You can see it on pg 3 of his report. Some of the popular items that had disappeared but were now back during the 8 nights of his cruise. You should check it out. Great report so far.

Thanks for the plug!

Here's a link to the report: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105485

If you're just looking for new menu info; Post #60 has the beginning of the first night's menu. (Sorry, I have an old fashioned camera, so come of the menu pictures will be a little blurry. But the food pics look great. :) )

Today, I have also explained my impression of how the new menu's started and what they look like today. It's going to be a lengthy review. As stated, we're on page 3 and only up to the first dinner. I'm getting ready to check the recent posts over there and then post some appetizer pictures from the first night.

Come join in the fun.

By special demand they brought back the strawberry bisque. Creme brûlée is offered now even on the shorter cruises. :)

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

And those two things make me very happy! I'm excited to try the new menus. I had hoped they'd be on Freedom in Dec but it doesn't look like that will happen. But I am now going on Imagination in Jan so I will try them then.