Spa Package... book before departure or onboard?

keyskelly

Hello... I am interested in knowing if it is beneficial to pre-book a spa package, or wait until I am on-board? I've read that there are special offers towards the end of the cruise (ie: discounted rates), however I wonder if these book up quickly and if I will able to even get an appointment.

Thank you in advance... :)

Oh, and we are sailing on MSC Divina. :)

Hello... I am interested in knowing if it is beneficial to pre-book a spa package, or wait until I am on-board? I've read that there are special offers towards the end of the cruise (ie: discounted rates), however I wonder if these book up quickly and if I will able to even get an appointment.

Thank you in advance... :)

Oh, and we are sailing on MSC Divina. :)

Wait as the week goes on the prices go down especially on the last port day.

We did a prpeaid spa for 55 dollars for a 30 minute massage but it includes unlimted time in the thermal spas in which when u r on the boat they charge 69 dollars o we baically get a free massage and save 14 dollars

The spa packages you can prebook are simply not available onboard. They are great value and there are no conditions on when you can have them. Just make the appointments when you want once you get onboard. Yes they have specials onboard. They are sometimes "taster" ones, e.g. 30 minute treatments or are available on non popular times. If you are not fussy about what treatments you get and if or when you can get them, by all means wait until you get onboard. 15% service charge is added on to treatments bought onboard.

I like to know I'll definitely get the treatments, I want and when I want them. Some come with free use of the thermal area throughout the cruise. Based on pricing in Europe, the packages are a massive saving on buying the same treatments individually onboard. I love my spa treatments so I always book a deal (most coomonly the Fiamond Orchid or Platinum Rose)

Now, I called this morning to find out about a spa package...and I said..."So, I pay you $139 now....and that's it, except for the tip I give the therapists, right?"

And the rep said...service charge is included. So I repeated..."they don't expect tips?"...and he said "No".

Is this true...the price includes tips?

If so..this is really a good deal!

Thank you so much for the responses!!! I think I will just book before we go so that there is no worry or need to fret about it on-board. I'm the type that will think and obsess about it waiting for a good deal. ;)

I am not sure about the tipping... I will try to do some more research and will post if I find out anything. :)

Now, I called this morning to find out about a spa package...and I said..."So, I pay you $139 now....and that's it, except for the tip I give the therapists, right?"

And the rep said...service charge is included. So I repeated..."they don't expect tips?"...and he said "No".

Is this true...the price includes tips?

If so..this is really a good deal!

Tips are t required on MSC ships. I dare say Americans on the Divina will do so as that is their norm. If I have the same therapist for a series of treatments, I may give a small tip,at the end of the last one.

I'm going on the Divina next week and thinking of pre-booking the 30 minute massage + use of thermal suite for a week as mentioned above. However I'm confused as to what the thermal suite includes, is it just one steam room and one sauna, or is there also more stuff like T pool and Heated stone loungers etc??? Also I read in another thread (link below) where a MSC customer service rep (MSCCruisersUSA) on here stating the spa and sauna are complimentary for US customers, is this true???

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992284

Edited by Jzx1103

I'm going on the Divina next week and thinking of pre-booking the 30 minute massage + use of thermal suite for a week as mentioned above. However I'm confused as to what the thermal suite includes, is it just one steam room and one sauna, or is there also more stuff like T pool and Heated stone loungers etc??? Also I read in another thread (link below) where a MSC customer service rep (MSCCruisersUSA) on here stating the spa and sauna are complimentary for US customers, is this true???

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992284

Steam room & sauna aren't free...policy must have changed!

I called today to book a package, but, before booking I asked the rep if sauna/steam room were "included" for everyone. She said "steam room & and sauna area" was $16/hour!

After I booked, I said..."So..it's $16/day if my husband wants to use the facilities?". She said "$16/hour" and I said "Wow..that's a lot!".....then she said she would check it and put me on hold. I was on hold so long the phone disconnected!

Steam room & sauna aren't free...policy must have changed!

I called today to book a package, but, before booking I asked the rep if sauna/steam room were "included" for everyone. She said "steam room & and sauna area" was $16/hour!

After I booked, I said..."So..it's $16/day if my husband wants to use the facilities?". She said "$16/hour" and I said "Wow..that's a lot!".....then she said she would check it and put me on hold. I was on hold so long the phone disconnected!

It used to be free on US sailings but I've headed they now charge per hour as they do elsewhere. In Europe it's €16 per hour which is even worse than $16. I certainly won't pay that but am happy if I get a spa package that includes some sessions or unlimited use.

Please tip your server in the spa. The ladies make almost nothing and send all of their earnings back home. Talk to your lady. They are all very friendly. You can request the same one too so you really get to know them. I'm not sure about the thermal spa sauna as I wasn't interested in using them. The exercise room is included in your spa treatments though. One odd thing on Divina, there are no hot tubs in the spa.

As for the pre-paid services, the daily specials never include any of the specialty treatments. They are basic massages only, at least that's all I saw. I found the pre-paid specials to be good values.

Please tip your server in the spa. The ladies make almost nothing and send all of their earnings back home. Talk to your lady. They are all very friendly. You can request the same one too so you really get to know them. I'm not sure about the thermal spa sauna as I wasn't interested in using them. The exercise room is included in your spa treatments though. One odd thing on Divina, there are no hot tubs in the spa.

As for the pre-paid services, the daily specials never include any of the specialty treatments. They are basic massages only, at least that's all I saw. I found the pre-paid specials to be good values.

Is there a shower available in the spa?

But one other thing, not all of the listed specials are available. I just checked and it seems out of the three pages of packages, only a few are available. Boo. :( The one I wanted isn't, the Complete Massage Package. :mad:

Only a few spa packages are available to be booked directly through MSC's website, but apparently you can book all pre-paid packages from the list directly through the spa. Seek the blue link "Book Spa Packages" which is found to the right through the link below after you select "Spa Packages" from the drop down.

http://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/packages.aspx

I am just waiting for my own confirmation to come through.

Thank you for all of this very useful information. I'm still waiting on my MSC confirmation number from our travel company. I have no idea how long that can take to get, so hopefully I will still be able to book the drink and spa packages before they sell out. Do they limit the amount of packages they sell prior to sailing?

Don't think they limit the number of pre-paid spa packages sold, but you need to book it at least 7 days prior to your sailing date. I would highly encourage you do this earlier though. Took me 5 days to get my spa confirmation for my upcoming sailing.

Edited by IslandFoxyCouple