Skype wifi in Nassau?

Has anyone ever used skype wifi in Nassau to know about how much it is?

Any tips on using it would also be appreciated!

Not exactly sure what you mean, but we've used Skype and Facetime at McDonalds (free) in Nassau with OK results.

Edited by clarea

I've never used skype so I'm not familiar with it. When I looked at it this morning you said you pay for the wifi based on the carrier's in the area.

That's true, and if you can find a free WiFi place, then you don't pay. McDonalds in Nassau is free. However, it's not very fast. I found Starbucks to be much faster, but it will cost you $5 or so for an hour. A much better deal than the ship's WiFi.

By the way, Skype does not work well for me on the ship's WiFi.

So in Nassau I could go to Starbucks or elsewhere, pay a little and be able to call home and see them too, right? Just want to make sure I get it right! :-) We've never left our kids before, so we're already having a hard time and we haven't even left yet! ;-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Yep as mentioned above there are a few places that have wifi available. There are a few apps/social links you can use to either face chat or chat by words. You mention that you're aware of Skype and FaceTime. How about oovoo, whatsapp, viber and BBM. The ones you chat by words you can easily use onboard and it would not cost you much (if the ship charges the amount of MB used).

I am pretty certain in the visitor's center as soon as you get off the ship they have free wifi. :) You have to go through there to get into center Nassau.

That's true, but the last time I tried WiFi there, it was pretty slow. Could not get a Facetime connection.

That's true, and if you can find a free WiFi place, then you don't pay. McDonalds in Nassau is free. However, it's not very fast. I found Starbucks to be much faster, but it will cost you $5 or so for an hour. A much better deal than the ship's WiFi.

By the way, Skype does not work well for me on the ship's WiFi.

Earlier this month, I went to McDonald's for the first time. The signal was MUCH better than what I have paid for at Starbucks! :eek: ;)