George Clooney Held Up by NCL Jade

kcfoxy

A lot of women were saddened earlier this Saturday, when George Clooney took his second plunge down the aisle. It happened in Venice, Italy and was so so romantic, very posh and exclusive and as private as it could be, with hundreds of paparazzi buzzing about.

As the groom was swisked down the Grand Canal waterway, the wedding party had a good lead over the reporters and photographers until their watery limo was held up at the main crossing by a cruise ship majestically making way before them. The clamoring herd was thus able to catch up, et al.

When I read that news online, of course I wondered if this could possibly be an NCL ship such as the Jade. Tonight, when I watched the late news, boy was it cool to see the self same Jade observing the no wake zone and seen in all her glory...starboard side, that is.

We didn't notice a huge amount of pax lining all the balconies, promenade and upper decks, but did see some. Now I'm wondering if any had an inkling that was GC himself, just 50-100 feet away, awaiting their passage.

Pretty cool, eh? :p

Edited by kcfoxy

Thanks for sharing the link. I guess I chose the wrong week to sail out of Venice. :p

Oh that's wonderful to see all those pictures and especially the one where George & Co. had to wait for the NCL Jade to pass by...thanks so kindly for the awesome link! :p

NCLJadeonhandforGeorgeClooneysweddingprocessiontotheswantresorthotelfromCiprianaHotelanddownGrandCanalinVenice_zps5ce86e22.jpg

Oh that's wonderful to see all those pictures and especially the one where George & Co. had to wait for the NCL Jade to pass by...thanks so kindly for the awesome link! :p

NCLJadeonhandforGeorgeClooneysweddingprocessiontotheswantresorthotelfromCiprianaHotelanddownGrandCanalinVenice_zps5ce86e22.jpg

Love to hear this! Not sure why the GC wedding is more important than everyone else's activities for the day. Love to hear why; is it really about $$$ made because you are an' actor'? No real contribution.

Love to hear this! Not sure why the GC wedding is more important than everyone else's activities for the day. Love to hear why; is it really about $$$ made because you are an' actor'? No real contribution.

Exactly

My niece got married the exact same day . (funny there were a lot of boats in her pictures too because it was held at a yacht. :) And everyone had a blast.

They showed the moment on CBS This Morning today. The Jade's name and artwork were clearly visible.

Classy way for NCL to crash the Clooney party! :D

I wonder if anyone on the ship happened to look out and see George & Co. The large flotilla of gondolas should have grabbed somebody's attention.