Is this RCCL's pricing typical even with a sale?

I thought what they heck...I'll go check out their WOW friends and family sale free offer.

Then I was like WOW look at those prices. LOL

It's even more expensive to sail now than when I eyeballed the prices before they offered the "discount." :eek:

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Stateroom Stateroom Total $5,091.60 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2 Guest 3 Guest 4

Cruise Fare: $2,139.00 $2,139.00 $849.00 $849.00

Prepaid Gratuities: $84.00 $84.00 $84.00 $84.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $119.40 $119.40 $119.40 $119.40

Onboard Credit $100.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

Discount: $0.00 $0.00 ($849.00) ($849.00)

Per Person Total: $2,342.40 $2,342.40 $203.40 $203.40

I really wanted to try the Allure but not at these prices! I can cruise twice on Norwegian for that amount. :(

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Duck your head, there will be incoming raining down on you soon OP. You have dared to criticize RCCL and there are several dozen on these boards that do not like it when people say anything negative about their favorite cruise line. With that said, your post is dead on. The stock market is high, the ships are sailing full and RCCL is pushing the envelope with their pricing. They are becoming silly with their "sales" these days. They jack the prices up hundreds for a WOW sale and then offer you $100 in OBC to make it seem like you are getting a good deal. It is a bait and switch and many on here are aware of the gimmick now. There is absolutely no reason to book during a WOW sale unless you are short on cash and need take advantage of the reduced deposit.

I'm not insulting or instigating and I do not want to argue. I understand brand loyalty to some degree. I don't like when someone criticizes unfairly.

Some people say ALL cruise lines do that but when I book the sale free promotion on NCL, I have never seen the price for the same cabin improve (go down) after the promotion ended (not even days before sailing). Otherwise, I would just cancel and rebook since the sail free promotion is almost always offered well before our pay in full date. It has ALWAYS been cheaper to cruise with the promotion than without it. That's why I was just so stunned when I saw how difference the prices were.

I know I'm in RCCL turf here so I respect the home field. I just thought I'd ask the experts since I don't tend to peruse RCCL's website the way some might.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

I was skeptical too, but we booked anyway for a Med cruise 1.5 years out, and we it's a good thing we did. The price has gone up substantially ($1,100 per person for our categry on a 12-night Mediterranean since booking in May:eek: in our case we really DID get a sale and the price was not inflated. I really expected that to be the case, since I'm not one to fall for silly gimmicky marketing, but in our case we are getting a great deal on two cruises, actually

2015 and 2016.

We ordinarily would never book so far ahead, but these deals were also very, very good

Just priced a 6 day SD to Vancouver Jr. suite for 2 adults and 2 children on the Jewel with the promo. It was over 6,000 and 1000 more than a similar 7 day cruise in a mini suite on the Golden Princess. Royal seems to be challenging Disney for most expensive without the continued # 1 rating and consistent rave reviews that Disney receives year after year. Hard to understand what Royal considers a fair price for their product. Their prices increase as their cuts continue- no more chocolates, ice only upon request, additional charge for character breakfast, no welcome back gift. WOW is not really a promo as far as I can tell.

Edited by luv4cruises

Royal prices are running high but they seem to fill their ships. RCCL is our favorite line but the prices are a bit much, even w/ all of their bells and whistles. Booking early and shopping around pays off. I'm wondering if the original poster was booking a holiday week?

Many on here have said that this WOW sale is bogus. They did a BOGOHO sale back in the beginning of the year. I was able to get 2 Oceanview Balconies, connected for 2 people each for just over $4,000 including prepaid gratuities. This new sale seems to be like the constant sale going on at a particular all inclusive resort chain in the Caribbean where they always have 65% off and spa/airfare credit. I feel bad for the people booking now. I would think that the rates should go down, but who knows at this point. Good luck finding something and if not switch back over and get the 2 cruises. Heck do a B2B.