Which speciality Dining Restaurant is best for a special occasion on the Soltice?

vonnie1964

We are a group of 14 going on a cruise for my husbands and I's 50th birthday . We thought for something special I would book a night in a speciality restaurant on the Soltice. Which restaurant would anyone suggest is the best?

Also we all have the premium drink package , is this also able to be used in these restaurants? or do they charge your account for drinks ordered at these restaurants in addition ?

Please let us know which ship you are sailing on as it may impact the answer.

I think Murano's is overall best for a special occasion. However I do not believe they are able to seat a large group without breaking it up into two or three tables. I have seen them put together tables for larger groups in Tuscan Grill occasionally as well as Qsine or Silk Harvest depending one which ship you are sailing on.

Tuscan Grill would be my second choice although from a fun and group aspect Qsine or Silk Harvest would be good as well.

I'd pick Murano's and Tuscan Grill as first and second choices (and above the other specialty restaurants) due to my impression of both the food quality, level of service and elegance of the restaurant.

Unfortunately you probably will not be able to make advance reservations for such a large group but will have to wait until you are on the ship. If you want to make certain you'll all be able to dine on a particular night then your best bet is to make advance reservations for everyone in smaller groups as close to same time as possible. Then speak to the Maitre d' for the restaurant ASAP after boarding to consolidate the group into a single reservation.

Edited by Lsimon

The best two (in my opinion) for a special occasion dinner on Solstice would be Murano or Tuscan Grille. If all 14 of you would be going, you may need to try and book online as soon as you are able. I am not sure either restaurant has the capacity to seat 14 people all together.

Murano is my favourite, we have eaten there a lot, and it has wonderful food, amazing staff and a romantic atmosphere.

Here is the menu for Tuscan Grille: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-tuscan-grille - just click on each tab to see the items in each section.

Here is the menu for Murano: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano

You are able to use your drink packages in the speciality restaurants, and would only need to pay for drinks that were more expensive than your limits allow.

I would choose Tuscan for a special dinner-1st choice and Murano 2nd choice. We love the atmosphere of Tuscan as it's open, the views are fabulous and there is a lot of space to accomodate your group. Food and service is fantastic at both locations so you really can't go wrong either way.

Have a great birthday celebration and cruise!

Depends what sort of food you like!

For a large group, especially if you wanted a few beers and a perhaps to have a relaxed atmosphere I'd recommend Silk Harvest, so long as everyone enjoys some variant of Asian food.

Tuscan Grill comes next, with, as others have said a great view over the stern but make sure you ask for it otherwise chances are you'll be deeper into the restaurant. It's Italian style and steaks, so will match most palates.

With 14 people, Murano would be my recommendation for a wake. The food is very good and the service is to match, but it can be rich and maybe not to suit a wide variety of tastes. The lighting is a bit dark and the view out of the window is of a lifeboat. It's also not a great shape for a large party unless you can persuade them to bring in a long table.

There's no QSine on Solstice.

We are sailing on the Soltice

Please let us know which ship you are sailing on as it may impact the answer.

I think Murano's is overall best for a special occasion. However I do not believe they are able to seat a large group without breaking it up into two or three tables. I have seen them put together tables for larger groups in Tuscan Grill occasionally as well as Qsine or Silk Harvest depending one which ship you are sailing on.

Tuscan Grill would be my second choice although from a fun and group aspect Qsine or Silk Harvest would be good as well.

I'd pick Murano's and Tuscan Grill as first and second choices (and above the other specialty restaurants) due to my impression of both the food quality, level of service and elegance of the restaurant.

Unfortunately you probably will not be able to make advance reservations for such a large group but will have to wait until you are on the ship. If you want to make certain you'll all be able to dine on a particular night then your best bet is to make advance reservations for everyone in smaller groups as close to same time as possible. Then speak to the Maitre d' for the restaurant ASAP after boarding to consolidate the group into a single reservation.

I'd vote for Murano as well, and hope they accomidate your group somehow, maybe putting tables together in the side room to the left?

Drink pacakages are good anywhere on the ship. You can oder glasses of wine at the level of your packages. You may be able to pre-arrange to have bottles of red and white. within your pacakges ready and freely poured with a group that large.

As an FYI, I've been at a table for 10 or maybe it was 12 in the private room on Eclipse (same as Solstice) and it was pretty tight). I've also dined with a group of 12-14 (maybe more) at two rounds next to each other in Ocean Lines (similar restaurant, different ship) and think you can have plenty of "fun" in the formal setting with a good group.

Tuscan isn't a bad option, but I've never gone early enought in the evening for it to be light out, and actually get to see the wake. You'd have to eat pretty early, or be pretty far north in the summer (Alaska / New England) to see it without eating before 6p

Enjoy and have fun.

We sailed on the Solstice last November, Sydney to New Zealand (12 days). The first night the Solstice was docked in Sydney overnight and actually set sail the following evening. What we did was book the Tuscan Grill on the actual night it was docked in Sydney. The view overlooking Circular Quay and surrounding city was absolutely wonderful. The food was excellent+++ and the steak was the best I have ever, ever eaten. And the charge was only $35 per person.

Now, the interesting point about eating on this particular night whilst still docked in Sydney was..... we actually overlooked the Quay Restaurant. Our view, our food, our surroundings were as good, if not better. But at the Quay Restaurant for two persons with wine probably would have set us back about $300+.

So, the Tuscan Grill was a "bargain", but at the same time very First Class.

[Hi

I had to weight in. Murano and then Tuscan for different reasons and, of course different menus.

Tuscan has a beautiful view if that matters.

cheers,

Dianne and Al

Victoria BC

QUOTE=BrusselsGirl07;44259360]The best two (in my opinion) for a special occasion dinner on Solstice would be Murano or Tuscan Grille. If all 14 of you would be going, you may need to try and book online as soon as you are able. I am not sure either restaurant has the capacity to seat 14 people all together.

Murano is my favourite, we have eaten there a lot, and it has wonderful food, amazing staff and a romantic atmosphere.

Here is the menu for Tuscan Grille: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-tuscan-grille - just click on each tab to see the items in each section.

Here is the menu for Murano: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano

You are able to use your drink packages in the speciality restaurants, and would only need to pay for drinks that were more expensive than your limits allow.

I guess it depends partly on what you want - atmosphere and food. Our family is not a big fan of Murano - didn't like the food choices as well, service was slower, and it was a little too pretentious for our taste. Personally if it were my birthday with a bunch of friends/family I would prefer a more fun atmosphere like a Qsine or Silk Harvest, depending on the ship. Tuscan would be our second choice - a very nice restaurant and their chocolate fondue desert is to die for:).

Murano for best food, most elegant service, no view.

Tuscan for very good food, good service, great view.

Qsine for good food served in a fun/interesting way, good service,

Silk Harvest (celebrity would have to pay us to eat there again)

For a larger group, I think I'd choose between qsine and Tuscan grill....although we personally like Murano better....it's a very good meal, but not as much "fun" as the other two.

I guess it depends partly on what you want - atmosphere and food. Our family is not a big fan of Murano - didn't like the food choices as well, service was slower, and it was a little too pretentious for our taste. Personally if it were my birthday with a bunch of friends/family I would prefer a more fun atmosphere like a Qsine or Silk Harvest, depending on the ship. Tuscan would be our second choice - a very nice restaurant and their chocolate fondue desert is to die for:).

Murano for best food, most elegant service, no view.

Tuscan for very good food, good service, great view.

Qsine for good food served in a fun/interesting way, good service,

Silk Harvest (celebrity would have to pay us to eat there again)

For a larger group, I think I'd choose between qsine and Tuscan grill....although we personally like Murano better....it's a very good meal, but not as much "fun" as the other two.

Quisine is not an option for the OP, as she is on Solstice.

Murano, Tuscan Grill, and Silk Harvest are their choices.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Another vote for Murano's.

There are other Specialty Restaurants on the Solstice (Tuscan Grille - Silk Harvest - Bistro on 5)... But when it comes to decor, service & food... Murano's clearly stands out (French Continental Food & Service)

For us it is hard to go on a Celebrity Cruise and give Murano's a miss.

Cheers!

We like them both. Just celebrated husbands 60th in Tuscan. Murano is great but more formal. If he likes a little fussy fine dining Murano is the way to go. Especially if he likes venison or lamb. If he likes a more relaxed nice atmosphere, Tuscan. I would go with menu preference.

Call ahead too, but as I have found out twice, sometimes it has to be done onboard.