Suite comparison with Princess

freddie1974

We are booked on a cruise next May on Britannia in a suite (almost counting down the minutes already!). Having cruised with Princess before can anyone please advise what the differences are in the benefits - e.g. Laundry, internet, mini bar setup. We also found that whilst not listed as a benefit on Princess we got requested table size and location and priority in the spa.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on a cruise next May on Britannia in a suite (almost counting down the minutes already!). Having cruised with Princess before can anyone please advise what the differences are in the benefits - e.g. Laundry, internet, mini bar setup. We also found that whilst not listed as a benefit on Princess we got requested table size and location and priority in the spa.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Laundry, DIY in laundry room or else send to laundry and pay.

No free laundry.

Internet, you require to purchase it. No free internet.

Mini bar setup. No free min bar set up.

Only one complimentary bottle of water in suite on arrival.

Only one complimentary bottle Bubbly on arrival in suite.

Two complimentary tickets for you to obtain drinks from bar on first night of

cruise only. One ticket per person.

Complimentary 1/2 bottle of Bubbly will be issued on normally a formal

evening once only on a two week cruise.

No priority in Spa for suite guests.

No fresh flower corsage for ladies or gents on formal nights.

Requested table size, normally get what you requested when you booked

although location is where you are given unfortunately you can't pick your

table location in restaurant.

No complimentary speciality restaurant for dinner on first night of cruise,

unless you book and pay in advance.

Priority disembarking passes available if you require to tender off ship to port.

A speciality restaurant is available for Suite guest to take breakfast in.

Unfortunately, P&O do not provide any special perks like Princess do for suite guests.

Hope this is of some help.

Never been on Princess, and the last time we had a suite on P&O (2009)we were not over impressed. The following year we had a suite on Independence of the Seas and frankly after that we would not book a P&O suite again. Princess and Cunard seem to offer a lot more, which is strange as they are all Carnival brands. We were looking at booking a Cunard suite for next year, but when Celebrity introduced all the new suite perks early this year we decided to book one on Eclipse instead.

I agree with all the other posters. We have only cruised with P&O and as I've said previously they do not give enough benefits to people who book suites. All you really get is a larger cabin and the services of a butler, which really isn't enough when you are paying sometimes very large amounts of money. I've finally realised that other cruise companies do give more perks and I'm going to be trying them after my next cruise.

We have been in suites on several of the ships and we feel the perks are worth having. Yes you get the services of a butler who will do as much or as little as you want. When you board you will be directed to one of the venues where a complimentary lunch with champagne will be served. Your butler will collect you from there when your suite is ready, take you to the suite and explain what he does. Basically he will do everything as regards food and drink.

No you don't get a mini bar set up. You can choose to have any meal in your suite if you wish - the butler will bring canapes to your suite each evening around 5-6pm, together with the main restaurant menus for lunch and dinner for the following day. At that time he will ask what you want to do about breakfast the following morning. There will be one of the select dining restaurants available to suite passengers only for breakfast. You can choose to have breakfast in your suite and can choose from anything from the menu in the main restaurant - cooked breakfast included. If you wish to do this your butler will bring it at the agreed time and set it up, either in the suite or on the balcony weather permitting. You can choose to have lunch from the restaurant menu and the butler will serve it to you, same for dinner, although we never those to have dinner in the suite.

The butler will sort out any bookings for select restaurants you want, order any drinks you want for your suite (chargeable), and if you want to entertain in your suite he will organise this for you and serve if you wish.

You will also get priority boarding and disembarking and also priority tender tickets should any of the ports be tender ports.

You get a bottle of champagne in your suite on arrival, flowers, chocolates, bathrobes, magazines, binoculars and a large White Company Premier Pamper pack which is very nice.

Also of course on P&O you don't pay the additional 15% on everything you purchase on board from coffees to drinks to things from the shops. You can also take alcohol on board with you if you wish.

In the list of things a butler will do it also says he will unpack/pack for you but we have never asked to have that done as I think I'd never know where anything was. The butlers are really keen to help you enjoy your cruise and really like to be used.

We have never experienced a suite on Princess so I can't really compare them, I can only tell you about our experience with P&O.

We too have had suites several times also on all of the P&O fleet apart from latest Adonia. We also have had several suites on Princess and unfortunately there is absolutely no comparison with the suite perks that P&O provide compared to Princess. When you board any of the Princess fleet you will be directed to one of the venues where a complimentary lunch with champagne will be served.

Just like P&O you get a bottle of champagne in your suite on arrival, flowers, chocolates, bathrobes, magazines, binoculars. On Princess just like P&O you can also choose to have any meal in your suite if you wish - your room steward (not butler) will bring canapes to your suite each evening around 5-6pm, together with the main restaurant menus for lunch and dinner for the following day along with a basket of fresh fruit daily. At that time he will ask what you want to do about breakfast the following morning. There will be one of the select dining restaurants available to suite passengers only for breakfast. You can choose to have breakfast in your suite and can choose from anything from the menu in the main restaurant - cooked breakfast included. If you wish to do this your steward will bring it at the agreed time and set it up, either in the suite or on the balcony weather permitting. You can choose to have lunch from the restaurant menu and your room steward will serve it to you, just the same way that the butler does on P&O.

Very much in line with P&O. However, it is definitely all of the extra additional perks that Princess provide that makes it more special.

Free laundry, Free Internet, Free Corsage for ladies and flower for gents on formal nights. Special invitation to Captains Cocktail party for suite guest only. Free photograph taken with Captain at Special Lunch.

Toiletries in suite bathrooms have to be seen to be believed in quantity and quality. In saying all of the above, I must admit I personally prefer P&O with or without the additional perks.

freddy 1974, P&O can't be really that bad, I am booked on Azura for 28 days Oct/Nov 2014 and on Britannia 29 days Oct/Nov 2015 and yes both in suites.

I'm sure you will enjoy your suite, hopefully you might come back and let me know how you enjoyed yours on Britannia next May:)

Have to say that the difference is very obvious from the last poster. Although I haven't ever had a suite, I couldn't be doing with the butler. Don't need all that stuff that he does, but the free internet, free laundry etc. must be very nice. Can do without the picture taken with the Captain though! LOL

Edited by jeanlyon

We too have had suites several times also on all of the P&O fleet apart from latest Adonia. We also have had several suites on Princess and unfortunately there is absolutely no comparison with the suite perks that P&O provide compared to Princess. When you board any of the Princess fleet you will be directed to one of the venues where a complimentary lunch with champagne will be served.

Just like P&O you get a bottle of champagne in your suite on arrival, flowers, chocolates, bathrobes, magazines, binoculars. On Princess just like P&O you can also choose to have any meal in your suite if you wish - your room steward (not butler) will bring canapes to your suite each evening around 5-6pm, together with the main restaurant menus for lunch and dinner for the following day along with a basket of fresh fruit daily. At that time he will ask what you want to do about breakfast the following morning. There will be one of the select dining restaurants available to suite passengers only for breakfast. You can choose to have breakfast in your suite and can choose from anything from the menu in the main restaurant - cooked breakfast included. If you wish to do this your steward will bring it at the agreed time and set it up, either in the suite or on the balcony weather permitting. You can choose to have lunch from the restaurant menu and your room steward will serve it to you, just the same way that the butler does on P&O.

Very much in line with P&O. However, it is definitely all of the extra additional perks that Princess provide that makes it more special.

Free laundry, Free Internet, Free Corsage for ladies and flower for gents on formal nights. Special invitation to Captains Cocktail party for suite guest only. Free photograph taken with Captain at Special Lunch.

Toiletries in suite bathrooms have to be seen to be believed in quantity and quality. In saying all of the above, I must admit I personally prefer P&O with or without the additional perks.

freddy 1974, P&O can't be really that bad, I am booked on Azura for 28 days Oct/Nov 2014 and on Britannia 29 days Oct/Nov 2015 and yes both in suites.

I'm sure you will enjoy your suite, hopefully you might come back and let me know how you enjoyed yours on Britannia next May:)

I find it very interesting that in spite of all the perks on Princess you still prefer P&O. The next company I intend to try will be Cunard, I'd like to see how that compares to P&O.

We had lunch on Sunday with friends we met on last years cruise on Azura, they had just come back from a Celebrity cruise and were telling us about the difference in suites between both cruises. It seems you get different colour key cards in suites on Celebrity and just by showing your card the service improves as well as all the other perks mentioned previously. :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

We had a suite last year on Azura in Carribbean and it was lovely, but I really think the price should include passes into the serenity sun deck, as when we were on NCL all suite passengers had access to their own a luxury sun deck and swimming pool.

We had a suite last year on Azura in Carribbean and it was lovely, but I really think the price should include passes into the serenity sun deck, as when we were on NCL all suite passengers had access to their own a luxury sun deck and swimming pool.

I totally agree, I think I wrote this on our questionnaire at the end of our cruise on Azura last Xmas, perhaps if we all do this we may have the retreat exclusive for suite occupants in the near future Lol ;-)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app