Bringing a fan on the Liberty?

u2harmony

My husband and I are booked in GS 7288 on the Liberty in January. I am real nervous about the cabin temp after reading some of the posts here. I think some others have brought small fans and I was wondering if that would be okay to stick in my luggage? They don't mind if you bring a fan? I'm just going to get a cheap one from Walmart to be on the safe side. I don't mind if it's a bit warm at night, but my husband will be really uncomfortable and I don't want to put him through that.

Also, since it's January to the Bahama's, it might be a bit cooler outside as well, I think.

Has anyone had a good experience with the cabin temp on deck 7 on the Liberty recently?

Thanks.

We were just on the Liberty in August in a balcony cabin and the air temp was fine. We do have a small, probably 12 inch, portable fan that we take on cruises and so far it has never been a problem. I pack it in my checked luggage and always keep it in the original box.

I've brought fans on board Carnival ships with no problem. I've also had fans taken from me on Carnival ships. Inconsistent policy enforcement. I know their policy allows fans but what are you gonna' do. You can't win a fight with on board security. I do think you would stand a better chance if you take it in your carry on.

Edited by travler27

I just had a GS on The Liberty and it was warmer than I like it to be. We crank it down to 70 degrees in our bedroom at night. Our GS was never to the point of sweating but it was close. We both wound up laying on top of the sheets rather than under them.

We always take a small fan and pack it in our checked luggage. About two years ago, however, it was confiscated on the Liberty and I couldn't get it back until the end of the cruise. If you take one, to be safe, put it in your carry-on.

My husband and I are booked in GS 7288 on the Liberty in January. I am real nervous about the cabin temp after reading some of the posts here. I think some others have brought small fans and I was wondering if that would be okay to stick in my luggage? They don't mind if you bring a fan? I'm just going to get a cheap one from Walmart to be on the safe side. I don't mind if it's a bit warm at night, but my husband will be really uncomfortable and I don't want to put him through that.

Also, since it's January to the Bahama's, it might be a bit cooler outside as well, I think.

Has anyone had a good experience with the cabin temp on deck 7 on the Liberty recently?

Thanks.

Why don't you just cancel and go on a ship with ac that works?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I brought a 12" electric 'air mover' fan on my last two cruises. My last one being out of Miami. Haven't had an issue as of yet. Both times I kept it with my carry-on bags.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Carry-on seems to be the key word. If it's in that, they won't take it. We had traveled for years (even on Carnival) with a fan in our checked luggage with no problem, but that one time out of Miami on the Liberty we did. I guess you never know...