CCL stock dropped 10% in a week

guxu

After reaching 52-week high, CCL stock dropped 10% in just a week.:mad:

Apparently, the psychology is that, now that Ebola has come to the USA, people are getting (or going to be) afraid to travel, so hospitality/travel stocks are taking it on the chin.

If it makes you feel any better, RCL is down even more.... :eek:

Apparently, the psychology is that, now that Ebola has come to the USA, people are getting (or going to be) afraid to travel, so hospitality/travel stocks are taking it on the chin.

Which shows the ignorance surrounding the illness. Stocks are a roller coaster.

What ignorance about Ebola is that?

That's what I was thinking. Thousands of people come and go from those countries every day. Thousands of people travel next to them. Thousands of people enter the U.S. every day. For example the man in Texas entered the U.S. with the disease. They are now trying to contact over one hundred people who may have had contact with him. Imagine if one person on a cruise is infected. Given the close quarters it could very easily spread quite rapidly. Look how fast Noro virus spreads on a ship. Sure they ask you if you are sick. But people will lie to get on the ship. The guy in Texas walked around for three days before he went back to the hospital. Imagine if an infected person walks around the ship for three days. I don't think any ignorance is involved here. The fear is real.

That's what I was thinking. Thousands of people come and go from those countries every day. Thousands of people travel next to them. Thousands of people enter the U.S. every day. For example the man in Texas entered the U.S. with the disease. They are now trying to contact over one hundred people who may have had contact with him. Imagine if one person on a cruise is infected. Given the close quarters it could very easily spread quite rapidly. Look how fast Noro virus spreads on a ship. Sure they ask you if you are sick. But people will lie to get on the ship. The guy in Texas walked around for three days before he went back to the hospital. Imagine if an infected person walks around the ship for three days. I don't think any ignorance is involved here. The fear is real.

Normally I don't agree with you but you are spot on. I think the virus has spread farther than has been reported and will gradually get worse as more people are inadvertently exposed. This will no doubt hurt they economy especially the travel industry as most people will cut non essential travel.

First rule of government and media: over-inflate non-threatening info. Minimize truly threatening info. Really think a shoe bomber is a bigger threat than Ebola? Or a fence hopper??

To stay on topic though, I own shares of both so I'm a double loser. On paper.