FTTF Long Beach

ta2dtart

First time with FTTF. Pretty sure I have the basics down from reading all the threads but have a question or two specific to Long Beach cruise terminal. I've embarked from this terminal before but FTTF wasn't in existence yet. So- here are my questions:

1) what time to arrive for check in? (We are the early check in type people)

2) where is the FTTF check in at this particular port?

3) any other items pertinent to FTTF specifically related to this port.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ta2dtart

Last time I went our check in was inside Queen Mary. It was pretty cool to tour the engine room of the ship at that time. We showed up pretty early as I remember. But this time we have friends with us and i want to make sure I know where we are going!

Last year FTTF check in was a special line inside the queen mary. They give you a priority boarding card and you wait with the other priority to go inside security and board.

If you get their at 1030 or 1100 you should be fine. They should start boarding around 1130.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last year FTTF check in was a special line inside the queen mary. They give you a priority boarding card and you wait with the other priority to go inside security and board.

If you get their at 1030 or 1100 you should be fine. They should start boarding around 1130.

Very helpful JLEE1973. Thank you!

We left on the imagination on a Sunday a few weeks ago and there was no check in on the Queen Mary where we stayed. There was a small little building that we were directed to by the staff when I showed our priority docs. I believe we got there around 11:30 (my memory is a little hazy after the QM champagne brunch) and we were on the ship very quickly.

I had read in other posting about check in on the QM, but it definitely doesn't happen on Sunday if you are leaving then.

We were in a suite so we didn't have the supposed priority tendering Privs from fttf. It may help if you want to get off the ship early, but they were practically begging people to get off early. I did not notice a separate priority line to get back on the ship so you may want to ask the staff if it actually exists.

Have a great trip!

I talked to a Carnival employee manning the lines back in May and he told me they now do early check-in in front of the dome; and only use the QM for early check-in if (and when) it rains.

They keep moving the FTTF check-in. Sometimes it is in the Dome, and other times it is in the VIP building. Best bet is to ask the 1st Carnival employee you see and ask them where it FTTF check-in is located.

Sounds like they're all over the place literally and figuratively.

It's Long Beach. Those of us who cruise here often have come to accept it.

There's always a person manning the entry to The Little Building to ask. They will definitely tell you where to go. Lol.

We arrived last spring at about 10:30AM.

There was a special line for FTTF check in to the left of the dome. You just walk from the parking lot, pass the little building where Platinum checks in and you'll see a sign for FTTF. IF you don't see it there are plenty of people around that you can ask to point you to the correct place.

They had food trucks set up so you could buy stuff while waiting and music was playing. I imagine that if the weather is bad they might move everyone indoors but the day we were there it was just lovely!

oh what fun.

It's Long Beach. Those of us who cruise here often have come to accept it.

There's always a person manning the entry to The Little Building to ask. They will definitely tell you where to go. Lol.

Cool. This isn't our first time out of Long Beach but since it's our first FTTF and first time we're bringing friends I just want to be prepared. They are going to be looking to me for guidance. :p

Early check in at QM starts 10-11. After that they shut down and check in is at the dome after priority and early lines (zones) clear. FTTF check in after 11 are sent to the little building or outside the dome and allowed in ahead of others waiting to check in.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

In July there was only priority check-in at the dome with no Queen Mary option. It was a piece of cake! The DD and I purchased FTTF for our upcoming summer getaway even with a suite which some say don't bother You can use priority tending in Catlaina with your FTTF. There are no perks for embarking in ports only the initial embarkation. Our cabin was ready and our pre-purchased gifts in the cabin in Carnival shopping bags. Love it...worth the $50.