Zuiderdam doors metal?

Scrap Addict

I like to put a magnet on my cabin door to make it easy to spot - do you know if the Zuiderdam doors are metal?

Don't know how much this will help, but here goes: we just returned from Volendam-to-Alaska, and the walls of our room were not metallic enough to support magnets. We had a bagful to use with our Alaska maps, and could find only a strip of metal where wall meets ceiling. This was a Neptune suite (again, don't know what - if any - difference that might make).

Didn't try the door.

"Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I just sit."

Command strips work everywhere. I have not had it leave any residue on the doors or the corridor walls next to it.

Door decorations are a big thing on RSVP charters (there is even a completion) so I have had some experience ;)

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread! I was definitely planning to take a sack of magnets to mark the door for my mom (who never could find our door on the Statendam in 2009) and to hang a big map of South America on the cabin wall next month. I will stock up on Command hangers (pricy things, arent' they!).

(But I wouldn't use anything else, including cling-ees as I have heard of people here on CC, using things that marked the walls and having to pay for the paint job!)