Just boarded the Divina and wow!!!

Jzx1103

are you on the cruise right now? If you are I have a big favor to ask. I just changed my cabin today and my TA and a representative from MSC said it was a regular type balcony cabin. However some cruse critic people assure me it is a odd balcony - meaning it has a sliding door out but when you walk out it is enclosed with a porthole type hole. And if you are sitting you can not see out. The cabin number is 9066.

Would you take some of your precious cruise time & check this cabin out for me.

I can try but not sure how I can get into the cabin and check the balcony

I can try but not sure how I can get into the cabin and check the balcony

Jzx,,,,not to worry,,,Joyce moved her staterooms up to deck 11. Enjoy San Juan today!!! Looks like you have great weather!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

We're in San Juan today so I have internet again YAY!!! some quick remarks about the cruise so far. The ship is absolutely gorgeous. Plus the fact that my wife and I love the modern design makes it even more appealing. Food has been hit or miss, our party of 6 try to order different things so we can try most of the stuff on the menu. We always found at least one dish every night were we all thought was very good. The rest varies by opinion even among the 6 of us. Dinner and lunch was very slow in the MD but our waiter is very nice and is very accommodating to our requests. The slow service seem to be by design and not cause the servers are slow. We loved our upgraded staterooms and our room steward. Overall I will say many of the negative reviews do have some truth to it but it does not bother me as much as some people on here. Our biggest dissapointment so far is non Divina related. We made plans to go to El Yunque today but couldn't go cause one of us in the party wasn't feeling well. So we're just strolling old San Juan. El yunque was the place we were looking forward to the most.

Originally Posted by joyce&bob

<< my TA and a representative from MSC said it was a regular type balcony cabin. However some cruse critic people assure me it is a odd balcony - meaning it has a sliding door out but when you walk out it is enclosed with a porthole type hole.>>

I am betting that your description is what is throwing off the TA and MSC reps.. it sounds like you are describing a completely enclosed balcony that only has a porthole, which is typically a small round window that doesn't open open on a cruise ship. So basically what you are describing is not a balcony, just a small room attached to your cabin. So I can see why they might reassure you that it was indeed a regular type balcony cabin - perhaps meaning you can walk out onto it, lean over the rail, and see the ocean.

I can see how imprecise language on your part might lead to incorrect answers on their part, if they don't understand what you are really asking.

I had a similar issue with MSC where the MSC reps that talked to my TA (on two different occasions) interpreted the available cots as rollaway cot that could be brought into the room for additional bedding... It was a not-so-fun surprise when we arrived in the room with an un-related teen and grown kid to find that they were expected to share a double pull-out couch because, as our room attendant explained, rollaway cots don't exist, only infant cots that fit small babies. Luckily they were able to sort us out on-board with additional accommodations after quite a bit of discussion (a good reason to bring all your documentation, I had notes made of phone calls, names, questions answered, etc.).

We're in San Juan today so I have internet again YAY!!! some quick remarks about the cruise so far. The ship is absolutely gorgeous. Plus the fact that my wife and I love the modern design makes it even more appealing. Food has been hit or miss, our party of 6 try to order different things so we can try most of the stuff on the menu. We always found at least one dish every night were we all thought was very good. The rest varies by opinion even among the 6 of us. Dinner and lunch was very slow in the MD but our waiter is very nice and is very accommodating to our requests. The slow service seem to be by design and not cause the servers are slow. We loved our upgraded staterooms and our room steward. Overall I will say many of the negative reviews do have some truth to it but it does not bother me as much as some people on here. Our biggest dissapointment so far is non Divina related. We made plans to go to El Yunque today but couldn't go cause one of us in the party wasn't feeling well. So we're just strolling old San Juan. El yunque was the place we were looking forward to the most.

Sorry you missed El Yunque Jzx!!! The rain forest is beautiful!!! There's still lots to do and see nearby the cruise terminal. You can hop on and off the free trolley and see the forts,,do some shopping,,etc. You better hurry though,,,ship leaves at what,,,4:00pm???? Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!! We'll be here waiting for your review when you return!!!:)

jzx, in my opinion you had not missed a lot by not being able to visit El Yungue.

It is OK "rainforest" if you have never seen the "real one",but I,personally, was disappointed when I had been there. It seemed to me too much touristy....if you know what I mean.

If you are interested in nature and rainforests,I would recommend you to take a cruise with stops in Central America (Costa Rica,Panama,Guatemala...). You would enjoy a real piece of nature:D.

jzx, in my opinion you had not missed a lot by not being able to visit El Yungue.

It is OK "rainforest" if you have never seen the "real one",but I,personally, was disappointed when I had been there. It seemed to me too much touristy....if you know what I mean.

If you are interested in nature and rainforests,I would recommend you to take a cruise with stops in Central America (Costa Rica,Panama,Guatemala...). You would enjoy a real piece of nature:D.

Agreed, long bus ride and over rated.

We just got off the ship this morning. We had a great time! If you see Jodie (from South Africa) in the Piano bar in the evenings (she is a cocktail waitress), tell her Jay said hello! She looks like Cameron Diaz! :)

Enjoy your cruise! Remember, there will be little things that might be odd-but overall it's a great trip!

We saw Jodie mournings in the garden bar and she stated "all these f___ing tourist's are busting her balls" quite the gal.