Just boarded the Divina and wow!!!

Jzx1103

Upon check in they notified us we been upgraded. I expected just the same type stateroom but on higher floors or something. Instead they upgraded our two inside rooms 11023 and 11051 to Balcony cabins 13213 and 13215. And upgraded my in laws Oceanview room 8078 to Aurea Suite 11001. :eek:

We only paid $219 for the insides and $339 for the OV. Can't complain about MSC regardless of how the rest of the cruise go unless it's something catastrophic :D

We just got off the ship this morning. We had a great time! If you see Jodie (from South Africa) in the Piano bar in the evenings (she is a cocktail waitress), tell her Jay said hello! She looks like Cameron Diaz! :)

Enjoy your cruise! Remember, there will be little things that might be odd-but overall it's a great trip!

Nice upgrades, enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Riclop, We just checked out the rooms. Very impressive, especially 11001. Huge room, it's a giant window facing the front of the ship. Also a tub and walk in closet. Never seen upgrades like this before for free.

We just got off the ship this morning. We had a great time! If you see Jodie (from South Africa) in the Piano bar in the evenings (she is a cocktail waitress), tell her Jay said hello! She looks like Cameron Diaz! :)

Enjoy your cruise! Remember, there will be little things that might be odd-but overall it's a great trip!

Whoh. I may have to book the Divina right now!

what a good surprise post pictures when you can

Yea, I will be taking lots of pics and videos later. Will try to post them when I have internet again in San Juan. Or maybe it'll have to wait till I get back. Haven't even been able to check out the ship yet. My 15 month old wants to sleep. So I'm just relaxing on the balcony. Also I'm already liking my cabin steward. He saw me earlier outside my room and asked me for everything I needed. He also seem very nice.

OK will look for the Cameron Diaz look alike. Just hope my wife don't get too mad for me looking. :D

Yea, I will be taking lots of pics and videos later. Will try to post them when I have internet again in San Juan. Or maybe it'll have to wait till I get back. Haven't even been able to check out the ship yet. My 15 month old wants to sleep. So I'm just relaxing on the balcony. Also I'm already liking my cabin steward. He saw me earlier outside my room and asked me for everything I needed. He also seem very nice.

Wow the extra room will come in handy with your toddler. Ditto with the bathtub. Enjoy your cruise review when you have a stable internet and time.

OK will look for the Cameron Diaz look alike. Just hope my wife don't get too mad for me looking. :D

She hardly every smiles and has a VERY dry sense of humor... but is a supper sweet girl. And has a gorgeous smile when she does! :)

Enjoy that upgrade!

When you return, I'd love a comparison of the Divina and the NCL Pearl. Seems the charter we enjoy will be switching to the Pearl for 2015.

Oh, and Martin in the Sports Bar (also the pool bar and martini lounge) is a top notch bartender. Alas, with a 15 month old, I'm not sure you'll get much opportunity to check those places out!

is lunch available in one of the dining rooms or just at the buffet.

Read somewhere that sometimes they have lunch EMBARCATION day in one of the restaurants.

Thanks, have a Great cruise.

Nope. Just the buffet on embarkation day.

are you on the cruise right now? If you are I have a big favor to ask. I just changed my cabin today and my TA and a representative from MSC said it was a regular type balcony cabin. However some cruse critic people assure me it is a odd balcony - meaning it has a sliding door out but when you walk out it is enclosed with a porthole type hole. And if you are sitting you can not see out. The cabin number is 9066.

Would you take some of your precious cruise time & check this cabin out for me.

are you on the cruise right now? If you are I have a big favor to ask. I just changed my cabin today and my TA and a representative from MSC said it was a regular type balcony cabin. However some cruse critic people assure me it is a odd balcony - meaning it has a sliding door out but when you walk out it is enclosed with a porthole type hole. And if you are sitting you can not see out. The cabin number is 9066.

Would you take some of your precious cruise time & check this cabin out for me.

Skier 52 gave you a picture of 9066 and then you asked about 10228 and he told you it was much better and now you are back asking about 9066, like he said 10228 is much better.

Skier 52 gave you a picture of 9066 and then you asked about 10228 and he told you it was much better and now you are back asking about 9066, like he said 10228 is much better.

but, I keep getting conflicting reports. My TA keeped me on the phone for over a half hour assuring me that cabin 9066 was a normal balcony. I tried to call him back, after I got the picture showing the cabin from the outside of the ship, but as of tonight no return call. I called MSC and they said the same that the cabin was a. Normal balcony and they would not change my cabins. So I guess I'm just hoping someone on ship would actually see the cabin.

Sorry to be such a pest...

but, I keep getting conflicting reports. My TA keeped me on the phone for over a half hour assuring me that cabin 9066 was a normal balcony. I tried to call him back, after I got the picture showing the cabin from the outside of the ship, but as of tonight no return call. I called MSC and they said the same that the cabin was a. Normal balcony and they would not change my cabins. So I guess I'm just hoping someone on ship would actually see the cabin.

Sorry to be such a pest...

If they won't change your cabin, what difference does it make? Especially if you got an upgrade! Go. Enjoy.

When you get a chance, can you check your daily and tell us the name of the Captain. Thanks!! Heard a new one came on board today.

Just received this tweet from Andre Schlemmer: The current captain is Captain Francesco Saverio Veniero.

Captain Veniero started his career with MSC in 1993 and was promoted to Second Officer in 1999. After serving with other cruise companies he re-joined MSC Cruises as Staff Captain in 2005. He held this rank for six seasons until he was promoted to Captain in 2009. Today he is on his 6th season on an MSC ship. Captain Veniero has commanded Lirica and Musica class ships.

Francesco_Veniero.jpg

Edited by Mikesa1721