Sideways inside cabins on the Diamond's Aloha deck

shepp

Oh, I know I'm over-thinking this, but could use some reassurance from my CC compatriots.

Just rebooked to one of the larger Aloha "sideways" insides on the Diamond, A512, but now have buyer's (well, sailor's) remorse. From everything I can see, it's beneath one of the Calypso Pool enclosure's big pillars, so deck chairs scraping overhead should be pretty much a non-issue…but hey, A515's still available and it looks like there's nothing above that but the pool.

Before I drive my TA crazy by rebooking yet again, can anyone who's sailed in one of the four sideways cabins on the Diamond or Sapphire reassure/warn me about possible noise? They're great insides and I'm just being silly, right?

Edited by shepp

Looks to me as though both are under the pool, although there is part of a hot tob over 515

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/dragit2.php?ship=Diamond%20Princess

This is the 'Drag It decks' from cruisedeckplans.

Left click and hold down the mouse button and drag the Lido deck over the Aloha deck, matching the staircases, and you can see what is over/under your cabin. EM

Looks to me as though both are under the pool, although there is part of a hot tob over 515

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/dragit2.php?ship=Diamond%20Princess

This is the 'Drag It decks' from cruisedeckplans.

Left click and hold down the mouse button and drag the Lido deck over the Aloha deck, matching the staircases, and you can see what is over/under your cabin. EM

Thanks. Don't have a membership tot he site, but using Princess's deck plans, it looked like ti was under the pillar and the wavy enclosure around the pool. Still sounds good. Honestly, did just find one old CC post that said there were no noise issues, another that said occasional scrapings. I guess I'll leave it as is.

Maybe. ;)

Edited by shepp

It appears to me (and I measured it) that both cabins are underneath the shallow splash/overflow part of the pool. I doubt you'd have noise with either one, certainly not from loungers, although there's a hot tub on the 515 side -- don't know if that machinery might make noise.

We were in a different spot but...

We sailed on Star in cabin A408. Directly under the deck surrounding the main Lido pool. This is supposedly a "bad" cabin where we would hear a horrible din from sliding chairs, tables, etc. People warn that it will be horrible. We had almost no noise at all from above. We did notice a tiny bit of chair noise once or twice during a 15 day cruise. It didn't bother us at all and we slept great.

My point is: Don't always listen to dire warnings by others. Some people are super picky or ultra sensitive sleepers or something. Not everybody is the same and you shouldn't let some random person make you think you will have a terrible cruise if you are in an area that they "would never book".

Try not to stress out. Enjoy your cruise.

It appears to me (and I measured it) that both cabins are underneath the shallow splash/overflow part of the pool. I doubt you'd have noise with either one, certainly not from loungers, although there's a hot tub on the 515 side -- don't know if that machinery might make noise.

Yes, the pool itself is between the cabins. I had R512 on Caribbean Princess (basically the same cabin) and loved it. The only noise I noticed was a conga line one evening, but I was on my way out, so no worries. :)

Thanks everybody, but I decided to switch from Port to Starboard while 515 was still vacant, and it's done. Since I recall the hot tub is elevated, I doubt that there'd be any mechanical noise coming down through the ceiling, and the tubs are closed at night, anyway.

I really did get obsessive. It's just nice to have one of the fabled Sideways Cabins.

God, the things we cruisers suffer through!

Edited by shepp

Thanks everybody, but I decided to switch from Port to Starboard while 515 was still vacant, and it's done. Since I recall the hot tub is elevated, I doubt that there'd be any mechanical noise coming down through the ceiling, and the tubs are closed at night, anyway.

I really did get obsessive. It's just nice to have one of the fabled Sideways Cabins.

God, the things we cruisers suffer through!

Shepp, we had A515 on the Diamond for 23 nights Beijing to Vancouver.......loved it, great location and no noise for us from above. Loved the extra room for a longer cruise, the dressing/wardrobe area is great. Up a deck to the buffet and a short walk to the aft deck. Enjoy the cabin!!

Chez

Xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

You can use all of the features of cruisedeckplans except viewing the pictures, without joining. Em

Very true and thanks! However, your link is from your member site and requires a login. If folks simply go to the main website, all the features can be easily accessed. Just a little copy/paste glitch.... No Worries!