Best Tours in Barbados

otto2

I looked at them, a few others that have been recommended. They seem a little expensive for a 3-4 tour. Is that the norm for Barbados? We're looking to see a few sights, a beach for the view, not to swim/snorkel, then a nice lunch before heading back to the ship. Following this for other suggestions, thanks. BTW this is my 1st CC post. had to delurk, join.. all this info is so helpful. :-)

Hello,

(1) You might make a list of what Glory would take you to (across options) and then look up those of potential interest on Trip Advisor (you pick up impressions, photos, ranking, website and email if available as well as the ability to email the person who posts the "interesting" comments). We found we would return to some locations, while others were fine for one visit? To take a look at a Barbados beach, at least a few minutes on Bathsheba and a drive to the north is very scenic and very typical.

(2) Barbados seems to me to be one of the best developed of the British islands and they take tourism quite seriously.

(3) Consider going to locations that the ship doesn't go to and avoid the crowds.

(4) Food: depends on your cruiseline and the other islands you will be visiting and your travel/food experience. In reality, if a meal is included in a tour, you are going to eat at both an inexpensive and quick location. Also, being a resident in a large urban area, we have seldom found, at least in Europe, a "unique" eating experience that was priced reasonably. Indeed, if your cruise line is at least mid-level (Princess, Holland America, Celebrity) you may find the food to be very good. We all have various experiences: MDW associates a GI discomfort with a lunch at a ranch in Jamaica and service on reused wood bowls, and she really is skeptical of tours that include such meals. Mind you, we have not sailed in Asia, which may be a different situation.

(5) Pricing: you can always compare any private rate to a cruise ship excursion, remembering that these prices include promotion, administration, and often the same services you might purchase directly. Also, it is likely that locals have to negotiate a lower price to be selected (hoping that volume will make up the discount provided). We also find that (so far) that Caribbean Roll Calls do not have the private-tour motivation that we have found to be ubiquitous of our many European cruises. Indeed, early participants are often very busy outlining options, while late-arrivals often first ask "what is still available" at each port.

My very best,

DJ:)

I'm doing the Barbados in a day tour with viator - go to the Harrison caves, the park with the green monkeys, birds etc ( wildlife reserve), the coasts,, islands green hills, beach and snorkel with turtles. And lunch included Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do understand that Viator is a worldwide marketer of tourism products? I don't think that you have Viator employees (they are online?) in Barbados, but some local resource that will take you to these experiences (during your port visit). You might want to compare to other companies that don't have to share profits and also compare to an agency like Glory Tours? I'd read descriptions of peoples' experiences at the Wildlife Reserve and Harrison Caves on TripAdvisor in your selection process -- hope that you at least drive by Bathsheba? Enjoy for sure,

• 2 weeks later...
You do understand that Viator is a worldwide marketer of tourism products? I don't think that you have Viator employees (they are online?) in Barbados, but some local resource that will take you to these experiences (during your port visit). You might want to compare to other companies that don't have to share profits and also compare to an agency like Glory Tours? I'd read descriptions of peoples' experiences at the Wildlife Reserve and Harrison Caves on TripAdvisor in your selection process -- hope that you at least drive by Bathsheba? Enjoy for sure,

I do search around for great excursions and best price and do find that most viator excurssions are cheaper for the same exact excurssions as others have paid more for also viator gives a guarantee that you will make back to your ship on time or they will get you to the next port at there expense. As I do not want to be stuck in another country not knowing what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I'm doing the Barbados in a day tour with viator - go to the Harrison caves, the park with the green monkeys, birds etc ( wildlife reserve), the coasts,, islands green hills, beach and snorkel with turtles. And lunch included

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also enjoyed Harrison caves, glad we gave up the beach for that tour.

If you would like a Island tour and then some beach time we highly recommend "James taxi and tours" You get to see the whole Island, feed the monkeys plus he will do what ever you like. We have used him 3 times and will use him again. (246-260-4889) happiestbond@hotmail.com

:):):)

His email has changed. It is now happiest tour@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We also enjoyed Harrison caves, glad we gave up the beach for that tour.

Do you know how much a bus or taxi is to the caves? How far a ride is it? Can we book at the port or do we have to book ahead of time? It will probably be crowded on a port day!

We've been on Silvermoon twice and can't imagine anything better! Can you share what is "better" on Calabaza? It sounds like you're a fan of both so a comparison would be helpful. TIA

Just back and we did Silver Moon catamaran. It was AWESOME! I highly recommend it. It cost $115pp and worth every single penny. The captain Mike and his crew Alan and Tony were awesome. I think they have 2-3 catamarans.

The snorkel spots were great. The turtles are soooo cool and the shipwrecks were great other than being very crowded by other boats.

I highly recommend Silver Moon!

debbie

• 1 month later...
His email has changed. It is now happiest tour@gmail.com

Thank you for that information. We'll have to give him a try next year. We've been there/done that with the snorkeling and catamarans and want to do something different.

Do you know how much a bus or taxi is to the caves? How far a ride is it? Can we book at the port or do we have to book ahead of time? It will probably be crowded on a port day!

We did just that. Go all the way through the mall-like building to the taxis waiting outside. Negotiate your rate. I think we paid $40 for the 4 of us in a taxi to the Caves and back, but this was probably 8 years ago. It's the BEST way to see the Caves because if you leave early, you can get there before any of the cruise ship tours do. Cars move so much faster than the busses!

We just got back from Barbados and we toured with James Taxi and Tour and I would VERY highly recommend him to anyone.

We had 6 people in his vehicle and we made all the required stops. We fed the monkeys, viewed many of the splendors of Barbados and made several wonderful scenic stops. James is so accommodating, he will bend over backwards to help make your tour with him great.

After the tour, some wanted to be dropped at the beach. he personally carried a cooler to the beach so they could have the refreshments he promised. Ourselves, we wanted to tour the Jewish synagogue and he dropped us off there. We were willing to walk back but he insisted he would come back and pick us up at the time we wanted and he was there precisely.

Just a great tour with a wonderful person. You will not be sorry by using James to see Barbados.

Cheers

Len

• 10 months later...
We just got back from Barbados and we toured with James Taxi and Tour and I would VERY highly recommend him to anyone.

We had 6 people in his vehicle and we made all the required stops. We fed the monkeys, viewed many of the splendors of Barbados and made several wonderful scenic stops. James is so accommodating, he will bend over backwards to help make your tour with him great.

After the tour, some wanted to be dropped at the beach. he personally carried a cooler to the beach so they could have the refreshments he promised. Ourselves, we wanted to tour the Jewish synagogue and he dropped us off there. We were willing to walk back but he insisted he would come back and pick us up at the time we wanted and he was there precisely.

Just a great tour with a wonderful person. You will not be sorry by using James to see Barbados.

Cheers

Len

Do you happen to have a website for James? I tried googling and nothing is coming up for him.

Another great option for a private tour is Sanjay Kini, barbadosfun@gmail.com , He devised a tour to go to all the spots we wanted to see. This included the Banks brewery tour which other tour guides we had contacted who did not want to take us there. He was a great gudie, very informative. We had a great day with Sanjay. We had 6 in our group and he charged $50 per person. We toured the island, did the Banks tour, and then went to beach to swim with the turtles. It was a full day of activity.

Another great option for a private tour is Sanjay Kini, barbadosfun@gmail.com , He devised a tour to go to all the spots we wanted to see. This included the Banks brewery tour which other tour guides we had contacted who did not want to take us there. He was a great gudie, very informative. We had a great day with Sanjay. We had 6 in our group and he charged $50 per person. We toured the island, did the Banks tour, and then went to beach to swim with the turtles. It was a full day of activity.

Would we be able to go to Harrison's Cave, Natural Wonders, and swim with sea turtles if we booked through Sanjay?

Take a cab to Harbor Lights. It's not too far from the cruise port. It costs $10 roundtrip. You have a beautiful beach and they have a spot where you can swim with the turtles. We haggled a cheap price to swim with the turtles. They took us out on a small boat. We were able to give the turtles and food and snorkeled with them.

Hi Kruz, Do you have a private tour or can more go with? We are on the same ship with you?

Hi Philps,

We have a private tour booked however the more I read the more I am thinking it would be pretty easy to get a cab or maybe even take the buss around to see some sites and then hit t beach.

How many are in your party because I am unsure of how many Sanjay can fit in his van!

Have you signed up for the Grenada Catamaran?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done the Glory Tours "Treasures of Barbados" half day tour? Did you feel that was enough time to see everything? We are trying to decide between the half day and full day "Los Barbados" tours. We aren't sure the lunch and Wildlife Reserve are worth the difference in price.

Thanks