free 14 day parking in Fort Lauderdale

bluewater63

Please, please help! I have looked and looked for hotels with free 14 day park and cruise options. I can find lots of 7 day parking. I want to choose a hotel with good, secure parking and is a nice place to spend the night before the cruise in December 2014. Any help from you all would be most appreciated. I will be driving from the North on I-95 so something easy to reach off of the interstate would be helpful. :)

We had a similar issue last summer. We ended up parking at the pier because after we would have had to pay for the extra week at a hotel parking lot and the return trip to the hotel (Some of them won't pay for the shuttle to the port either!) It ended up that the pier parking was only a little more. It was well worth the convenience of being able to walk right over to the ship. Good Luck, I hope you have better luck then we did.

If you come over to the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

and see the common recommendation for www sunny dot org, you will find lots of info about hotels in the FLL area.

I can't answer the question about free parking, but any place that offers parking is going to have a limit. If you have to pay for a week and get a week free, that seems like it is still a pretty good bargain.

Please, please help! I have looked and looked for hotels with free 14 day park and cruise options. I can find lots of 7 day parking. I want to choose a hotel with good, secure parking and is a nice place to spend the night before the cruise in December 2014. Any help from you all would be most appreciated. I will be driving from the North on I-95 so something easy to reach off of the interstate would be helpful. :)

LaQuinta in Hollywood, fl (actually in Ft. Lauderdale) will keep your vehicle for 14 days at no charge. They have a shuttle to the ship..not free, but inexpensive... The hotel is less than 1/2 mile off I95 and is well kept and clean. We have stayed there once or twice a year for our cruises.Also offers free full breakfast.

In December for a back to back cruise we stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation Airport and SW 6th St. Plantation Fl... We booked through Stay 123.com... I think our night was $143.00 including tax... and we left the car for 14 days.. Nice hotel, good breakfast, and great shuttle.. I would stay there again in a minute.... Have a great cruise

Jacque :)

We stayed at Cambria Suites last year.(10 nights parking) Loved it. Parking seemed safe and the hotel is only a year or two old. The shuttle was great but if I remember there was a small fee . Will stay there again this year if we can find it for a reasonable price. We used Last Minute Travel last year for our late January cruise. It is really expensive this year for our dates but I'm hoping the price wil drop as it gets closer. If not we'll stay around the Fort Pierce area and then drive down in the morning and park at park n go(on Eller Dr). Have used them many times and have never been disappointed. Make a reservation ahead of time on their web site to save some money.(Don't need to pre-pay) Much cheaper than the port parking and in my opinion just as good if not better.

WE stayed at the Fairfield Inn Dania Beach and they have the park and cruise package. Very nice hotel right off I-95. Also have free shuttle to port and you pay to get back to hotel about $8 pp.

We have also stayed @ the Fairfield multiple times...have left our car there up to 18 days and never any issues.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllad-fairfield-inn-and-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

Not to go off topic, but chery4lbooks - I clicked on the link in your post, and now I can't delete USA Today from my internet page. Help!

I'm not the most computer savvy but try old school CTL+ ALT+ DEL..that should let you close out whatever is on your page at the time. BTW - I clicked on the link again and when I X out it is gone. Maybe a computer issue - not a link issue.

do you remember what you had to pay? or if, by chance is there a car rental facility nearby? we are coming from the west coast of FL for 9 day in January, and thought the most efficient may be to rent a car large enough for 6, and then re-rent to come back when we return. what do you think?

We stayed at Cambria Suites last year.(10 nights parking) Loved it. Parking seemed safe and the hotel is only a year or two old. The shuttle was great but if I remember there was a small fee . Will stay there again this year if we can find it for a reasonable price. We used Last Minute Travel last year for our late January cruise. It is really expensive this year for our dates but I'm hoping the price wil drop as it gets closer. If not we'll stay around the Fort Pierce area and then drive down in the morning and park at park n go(on Eller Dr). Have used them many times and have never been disappointed. Make a reservation ahead of time on their web site to save some money.(Don't need to pre-pay) Much cheaper than the port parking and in my opinion just as good if not better.

So glad to hear this! This is where we are staying this year and leaving car for 3 weeks. Reviews are really good but I know to take reviews with a grain of salt. According to stay123 the shuttle is free but I have read in the reviews that there is a fee. Will find out.

If you book through stay123 the shuttle could be free. They might have already included the cost in the price of the room. We just booked a room and then when we arrived asked about parking our car during our cruise.(Had planned on using park n go). They said we could park for free but they charged for the shuttle. On our return we called as we were leaving the terminal and the shuttle was there within 10 minutes. Nice driver, too.