Drink package Question

I'm cruising Friday Oct 10th for the first time in years (Its my 5th cruise).

I've been reading a lot of great info on the packages on this board and have seriously considered getting it!!

However, I think the All you can drink Beverage packages recently changed not only in price but policy as well. (this may be a good thing! I hope so!!)

I swear the Ultimate package was 65.00 now its 55.00 and the premium package is now 49.00 not 55.00.

Am I crazy..or did anyone else notice this? TIA

I'm cruising Friday Oct 10th for the first time in years (Its my 5th cruise).

I've been reading a lot of great info on the packages on this board and have seriously considered getting it!!

However, I think the All you can drink Beverage packages recently changed not only in price but policy as well. (this may be a good thing! I hope so!!)

I swear the Ultimate package was 65.00 now its 55.00 and the premium package is now 49.00 not 55.00.

Am I crazy..or did anyone else notice this? TIA

The base prices went down, but they now add 15% for tips. So all the packages really went up in cost, except for the Ultimate which went down a bit.

Edited by clarea

I would wait until you are onboard to purchase. That way you can ask the limits on cocktails & wine, and not have any more surprises.

That's good advice, but I already purchased it. I rationalized the drink package by wanting to try as many new drinks as I can and get to out of my usual comfort zone. This way if I don't like something, I'm not out anything…just the time it takes to make a new drink.

Thanks!!

That's good advice, but I already purchased it. I rationalized the drink package by wanting to try as many new drinks as I can and get to out of my usual comfort zone. This way if I don't like something, I'm not out anything…just the time it takes to make a new drink.

Thanks!!

Just so you are aware, if you find you don't like the terms, you can cancel onboard.

[/url]

Just so you are aware, if you find you don't like the terms, you can cancel onboard.

I just learned something new! Thank You, Bob for your great advice! I thought it was a done deal and could not be changed once it was purchased.

Where do you go to cancel? Not planning on it since its just a 3 day cruise…but if it turns out to not be what I think it should be its good to have a back up plan.

So are you saying that even though I bought the most expensive package that I am now also going to have to pay a 15% tip on every drink I order, or did they just add in an extra 15% to the cost of the package?

It's added to the cost of the package.

So are you saying that even though I bought the most expensive package that I am now also going to have to pay a 15% tip on every drink I order, or did they just add in an extra 15% to the cost of the package?

They add the 15% at the time you purchase the package, so you are not charged anything at the time you are served drinks.

You bought the Ultimate Package for $55 per night. You will be charged $63.25 per night. (this is actually LESS than the old price of $65 per night)

Any additional tips are completely at your discretion.

I just learned something new! Thank You, Bob for your great advice! I thought it was a done deal and could not be changed once it was purchased.

Where do you go to cancel? Not planning on it since its just a 3 day cruise…but if it turns out to not be what I think it should be its good to have a back up plan.

If you want to cancel, I suggest that you do it IMMEDIATELY. Since it's only a 3 night cruise, I don't think that they are going to let you cancel it after a day of drinking. ;)

I should have mentioned that if you do cancel, Royal charges you individually for every drink you have had up to that point.

• 2 weeks later...
You bought the Ultimate Package for $55 per night. You will be charged $63.25 per night. (this is actually LESS than the old price of $65 per night)

Any additional tips are completely at your discretion.

This is really confusing me... We're considering the Premium package. I just went to Royal Caribbean's page and read this: s.gif

s.gif

Q: Are gratuities included in the all-inclusive beverage packages purchase price?

A: A service charge of 15% has already been included in the purchase price. You will not have to pay additional gratuities unless you desire to do so.

So to me - this means the gratuity is already included in the $55/day price?? Am I missing something??

This is really confusing me... We're considering the Premium package. I just went to Royal Caribbean's page and read this: s.gif

s.gif

Q: Are gratuities included in the all-inclusive beverage packages purchase price?

A: A service charge of 15% has already been included in the purchase price. You will not have to pay additional gratuities unless you desire to do so.

So to me - this means the gratuity is already included in the $55/day price?? Am I missing something??

No you aren't missing anything. There have been discussions and arguments that the Royal Caribbean website has not been updated. Your post just verifies that. Here's the link to the page...click on the beverage package tab and click on the PDF (Learn More). The information on the website has NOT been updated.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

However, when you try to add it to your cruise through the CRUISE PLANNER (through your reservation on the RC site) OR if you call to pay for it over the phone, they will quote you the new prices.

Edited by slyster