I won!

Jane110

Jane....I'm dissapointed too - see it makes it so much better when you have friends that feel your pain.:) And you know we do. I agree, she should split the cost with you. It would be the right thing to do. You are so right...it is the worst thing that should ever happen to us! But...they were too cool! And they fit....double arrrgh. It must have been so hard to put them back in their box....and send them back. How painful... You must be strong....and remember...as you, yourself, have said..there will always be beautiful things to buy.
But, all kidding aside, I really am sorry that it didn't turn out. Chin up and go out there and shop! I happen to know, the only thing that will make the pain go away is to find better shoes...that have the EXACT matching shade of green. Oh...and getting ALL of your money back. That always makes me feel better...getting all of my money back.

I just popped onto this board this morning for the first time in a while and read through this whole thread at one time. Does anybody but me wonder why there is a pair of new Prada shoes on sale for less than $100?

Both Jane and the E-Bay seller say they are relatively new inventory. Where do these bargains come from?

One thing I have learned in the last year is that if you want to know the answer to something, just ask a cruise critic. susana.

I'm so sorry to hear they didn't work out! :(

I probably would've been the type to stick the slightly faded one in a closet, and keep the other one out to see if I could eventually get them to match. Until my husband discovered what I was trying to do, and made me send them back. :D

[quote name='scarletine']I'm so sorry to hear they didn't work out! :(

I probably would've been the type to stick the slightly faded one in a closet, and keep the other one out to see if I could eventually get them to match. Until my husband discovered what I was trying to do, and made me send them back. :D[/QUOTE]

funny! It would look cute sitting in the window - you'd have to take the "closet" shoe out daily and check it to see how the window shoe was coming along.:)

Trubey - I had just tried on the shoes at Bergdorf Goodman the week before seeing them on Ebay. They were marked down to $260. from $595., so I know they were current.
The seller bought them at a local store in her area at a great price. Maybe they were a last pair? Maybe she had a "take 20% off" coupon? Maybe the store noticed the shading difference and marked them down accordingly? Who knows, but it was a legitimate sale. Unlike leather, a store can't keep satin shoes around for two long and put them out on the rack in a future season because too much damage can happen to the fabric.

All the sale shoes in Bergdorf's are gone now. So they do go "someplace". When I go to Florida in Nov. I'll check the Neiman's Last Call outlet store (Bergdorf is Neiman's "sister"). Who knows, maybe they'll be shipped there and I'll find them? Now THAT would be a coup! :)

Scarletine - I DID think of that!!! :) I thought of putting the darker one by my kitchen window and hoping for it to fade. But if it didn't happen, or it faded too much, then I'd really be stuck! Well, us great minds think alike! LOL!!!

I emailed the seller and she agreed that we split the shipping. So, it was a $9.00 investment. No biggie. But I *really* did love those shoes and spent some time during the week looking at my clothes and seeing how many things they would have gone with. Quite alot, in fact.

Happy K's - like you said, on to the next adventure in fashionista land!

Jane

[QUOTE]Unlike leather, a store can't keep satin shoes around for two long and put them out on the rack in a future season because too much damage can happen to the fabric. [/QUOTE]
Nothing makes me go "Grrr" more than finding a great pair of satin/microfiber/some sort of material shoe in a clearance rack, only to then find that it's snagged or dirty to the point that you'd never be able to wear them.

A few years back I found a fantastic snakeskin shoe on a sale rack and when I tried it on, it was a perfect fit. When the saleswoman brought the left shoe from the stockroom, I was so disappointed to discover that it was a different color. At first I thought she got the wrong shoe and sent her back to look again, but unfortunately the lighter colored shoe was the mate. Like your shoes, the right one had been on display for some time, and even though it apparently hadn't been tried much, the snakeskin had definitely darkened. The difference was noticeable. So, no bargain for me either. Maybe next time.

I just got an email to go to a private Prada sale where the prices are said to be 75% off. You need an appt. to get in, and I have one for later today. They limit your time to an hour, so hopefully it won't be a mob scene.

Unfortunately, the sale started Monday and I just learned about it last night, so who know's what will be left?

Stay tuned................ :)

Jane

Archived