I won!

Jane110

I am with you there - at 28 pairs of BLACK shoes, I REALLY need to diversify!! ;)

After donating many, many pairs to charity I'm now down to under 50 pairs with the majority being black.

I have recently inherited a pair of hot pink pointy toe pumps from my sister. She wore them for my wedding, then kindly left them at my house (she doesn't do heels).

So I am diversifying, after a fashion!

I do have metallics, and some colorful khussa flats...but I just love these green Pradas Jane won!

And Linda...your shoes are simply scrumptious!

If I find the time, I may force myself to hit the Galleria. Not my favorite place, but I can sacrifice for a pair of beautiful shoes.

~e

Jane, Jane, Jane......now what in the world are you going to do with GREEN shoes? :D

BobK/Orlando

next up: Sovereign of the Seas (10/05)

Costa Mediterranea (01/06)

Wear them when I'm having a green apple martini, of course!

Silly you!

Jane

too funny, actually any martini would be fine:) ;)

28 pair of black shoes???

I just cleaned out the bottom of one of my closets ( I have 2 bedrooms...so 2 closests) anyway, I just got rid of 5 pair of black shoes. I bought them all for specific cruises:eek: and wore them ONCE.....and they have been sitting there now for months...and months...and months.....

Now I look and I have 8 pairs of black ones.....and out of 8, 2 are closed (as in loafers) and the other 6 are either sandals, slides or mules.

I must be very low maintenance!

Those shoes are adorable!

Thanks, and the photo's don't do them justice. They're even prettier in person.

Now for a very personal question, which of course you don't have to answer. What would be your best estimate of how many pairs of shoes you own? I'll bet you are a collector. ;)

Actually, I probably have less than many of the women here. I have about 35-40 pairs. However, many of them are classics that I've owned for over 10 years - like 2 pairs of Australian riding boots, which the company has been making for over 100 years without any style change or my 4 year old Gucci loafers which again, are a classic style that Gucci has been making for about 15 years without any changes. I do buy trendy items (like the green shoes), but I'm the type that will wear them to death. I'm very "light" on shoes and they never seem to wear out (as opposed to DH who destroys a pair of shoes in 6 months), so I'd rather wear something as much as possible and then retire it when it goes out of style.

In the winter, I wear black leather boots almost every day, so I have 4 pairs of similar looking ones. Ankle high - 2.5" - 3" heels - can wear all day, everyday. The "old" ones get worn if I think it's going to rain and then I have 2 pairs of microfiber boots for the rain - one w/ a 2" heel and one pair are flats.

I do get a weakness for sexy summer sandals and have them in all kinds of pretty colors - hot pink, orange, baby blue, silver, gold and of course, black! :)

Jane

All this talk about shoes is makeing want some retail therapy in the shoe dept.

My weakness is "sneaker shoes" not sneakers as in Nike or Reebok, but like the Hogans, Dior, especially Chanel. Sheesh, I've been good, I have not bought a pair of shoes since first week of April when I bought 2 pairs.

Seriously, y'all enjoy your new shoes, both pair are truely beautiful and I'm happy for you both.

Linda: Wow, just love your shoes. The colors - which look like gold and grey (?)and the simplicity of the design. Just terrific and what a find.

Thank you. They are gold and a blue/grey. I especially like the gold bow and the texture of the fabric. You can dress up with them or wear them with jeans. I just love that versetility.

Linda

After donating many, many pairs to charity I'm now down to under 50 pairs with the majority being black.

I have recently inherited a pair of hot pink pointy toe pumps from my sister. She wore them for my wedding, then kindly left them at my house (she doesn't do heels).

So I am diversifying, after a fashion!

I do have metallics, and some colorful khussa flats...but I just love these green Pradas Jane won!

And Linda...your shoes are simply scrumptious!

If I find the time, I may force myself to hit the Galleria. Not my favorite place, but I can sacrifice for a pair of beautiful shoes.

~e

Thanks! I know what you mean. Shoes are one of my big time weakness. My husband says I need a twelve step program.

Linda

Love 'em! Yes, I saw those in the stores earlier this season. I love the fabric and actually prefer an open toe to the ones that I bought. However, the shape around the toes of your shoes doesn't work well on my foot. I look better if it's straight across. Interesting how little details make a big difference.

Enjoy YOUR gorgeous shoes!

Jane

Oh Jane,

Thanks so much!

I do love Prada shoes. I love the fabrics they use. So very luscious and rich. I wish I could wear their weirdly shaped high heels, but alas perhaps in my next life.

My favorites are still my Gucci's but I do love Prada!:D

Linda

After my last move a few months ago, I got serious about getting rid of shoes! I donated 20 pair or so to charity after my friends went "shopping" in my closet and took home a dozen pair of so.

My weakness is black evening shoes and I have at leat 20 pair of those. The four closets in my home are full of shoes, at least 100 pair or so.

I blame it on the fact that I had to wear orthopedic shoes for many of my adolescent years: saddle shoes, navy lace ups, and other awful things with steel shanks to correct my flat feet were my only footwear for over ten years.

When I grew up and finally had arches, I developed a real passion for shoes! Great excuse, ladies, don't you think?

[quote name='caviargal']
When I grew up and finally had arches, I developed a real passion for shoes!

Great excuse, ladies, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Excellent excuse........but who needs an excuse??? LOL!

Jane

[quote name='Jane110']Thanks, and the photo's don't do them justice. They're even prettier in person.

Actually, I probably have less than many of the women here. I have about 35-40 pairs. However, many of them are classics that I've owned for over 10 years - like 2 pairs of Australian riding boots, which the company has been making for over 100 years without any style change or my 4 year old Gucci loafers which again, are a classic style that Gucci has been making for about 15 years without any changes. I do buy trendy items (like the green shoes), but I'm the type that will wear them to death. I'm very "light" on shoes and they never seem to wear out (as opposed to DH who destroys a pair of shoes in 6 months), so I'd rather wear something as much as possible and then retire it when it goes out of style.
In the winter, I wear black leather boots almost every day, so I have 4 pairs of similar looking ones. Ankle high - 2.5" - 3" heels - can wear all day, everyday. The "old" ones get worn if I think it's going to rain and then I have 2 pairs of microfiber boots for the rain - one w/ a 2" heel and one pair are flats.
I do get a weakness for sexy summer sandals and have them in all kinds of pretty colors - hot pink, orange, baby blue, silver, gold and of course, black! :)

Jane[/QUOTE]

Jane,
I love your posts. I've cancelled my subscription to InStyle, why read a fashion mag when we have our own style maven on board! Gotta love it!

[quote name='caviargal']
When I grew up and finally had arches, I developed a real passion for shoes! Great excuse, ladies, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

I love the way you think!

[quote name='ryansmemom']
Thanks! I know what you mean. Shoes are one of my big time weakness. My husband says I need a twelve step program.[/QUOTE]

There are worse things to be addicted to ;) Besides, you have excellent taste!

~e

[quote name='Armchairtravelwoman']Jane,
I love your posts. I've cancelled my subscription to InStyle, why read a fashion mag when we have our own style maven on board! Gotta love it![/QUOTE]

You're so sweet to say that. Thank you!

I always get so wordy.....I can't help it. Then I think people see my l-o-n-g posts and think, "oh geez, her again!".

Well, I'm glad to know at least *one* person likes them! :)

Thanks again.

Jane

[quote name='caviargal']

When I grew up and finally had arches........[/QUOTE]

I was born with high arches.....my wet footprint is two separate parts w/ nothing in the middle.

However, I thought that when I grew up I'd get breasts. I'm still waiting!

[quote name='caviargal']Jane,

Good going!

I won a bid on a pair of Christian Dior mules yesterday on ebay. $360 at Neimans, got them for $84.00.

I think you have me beat!

kim[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Post a pic please!!!

Jane

[quote name='Lois R']too funny, actually any martini would be fine:) ;) [/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that!!!

[quote name='Lois R']
Now I look and I have 8 pairs of black ones.....and out of 8, 2 are closed (as in loafers) and the other 6 are either sandals, slides or mules.
I must be very low maintenance![/QUOTE]

Right, all you need is an unlimited credit card to QVC!!! LOL!!!

Jane

Archived