I won!

Jane110

[quote name='mrsred']I love the way you think!

There are worse things to be addicted to ;) Besides, you have excellent taste!

~e[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much. My 1 year old grandaughter, Emily, loves my shoes. As a matter of fact she loves shoes. However, she is only 1 year old so she uses all of her senses when she explores so, not only does she have good taste, she thinks they taste good, too. :D

She also has started putting my shoes on her feet. Yesterday she was trying to put my shoes on my feet. On top of my feet. :p Did I tell you she is 1 year old. ;)

Linda

[quote name='Soxfan05']This is not good. I now know I can buy designer shoes for less than $100 per pair on Ebay. I always thought those designers were out of my league!

Ladies, both of your shoe purchases are GORGEOUS! Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanx. :)

Ain't eBay grand! Just be careful about the sizing. I learned this the hard way. Go to Sax or Neiman's and try the brand on so you know how they fit. I wear a size 8 1/2 and when I bought my Chanel flats I ended up buying a size 10! They really run small.

Linda

Love the shoes Jane-awesome color of green. I too have gotten great deals on ebay-sometimes I wish I didn't know about it. Now that caviargal turned me on to Wacoal on ebay, I have purchased about 8 new bras!!! Great prices-great board for sharing info re shopping.:D I think we could all be dangerous together.....

[quote name='dogsrule']Love the shoes Jane-awesome color of green. I too have gotten great deals on ebay-sometimes I wish I didn't know about it. Now that caviargal turned me on to Wacoal on ebay, I have purchased about 8 new bras!!! Great prices-great board for sharing info re shopping.:D I think we could all be dangerous together.....[/QUOTE]

I am SO glad it worked for you!

I scored a Wacoal strapless yesterday myself!

[quote name='ryansmemom']Thanks so much. My 1 year old grandaughter, Emily, loves my shoes. As a matter of fact she loves shoes. However, she is only 1 year old so she uses all of her senses when she explores so, not only does she have good taste, she thinks they taste good, too. :D

She also has started putting my shoes on her feet. Yesterday she was trying to put my shoes on my feet. On top of my feet. :p Did I tell you she is 1 year old. ;)

Linda[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of neices (2 and 4), and I visit my sister about twice a week. The 4 year old couldn't care less about my fancy shoes...the 2 year old, that's a totally different story! I have to take my shoes off outside most of the time because the second I step inside her eyes get really big and she goes running towards me...to steal my shoes!

She puts them on and walks (or tries to) and makes everyone call her "princess". Yes...I can see it now, she'll come over to visit when she's a teen and half of my shoes will leave with her!

My sister taught her this wonderful phrase, "The shoes [b]make[/b] the outfit". LOL!

~e

Wow! What beautiful shoes! I'm a shoe freak myself, but after finding I had mostly black, I too started trying to branch out and get some colorful ones. My first pair were green :) to go with a dress I bought, but they do go with quite a bit more things in my wardrobe than expected, which was a nice surprise.

The next pair were similar to [URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/Stiletto-Stilettos-High-Heel-Heels-Shoes-Pumps-NIB-7_W0QQitemZ7707459583QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]these[/URL], except they have pictures of lips on them in all kinds of funky colors, and SUPER pointy toes. They're sooo cool, and they go with just about everything. And it's fun to see people staring at them trying to figure out what's on them. I joke that they're a different way to kiss someone's butt, if you get what I mean. :D

I'm so hard on shoes, that I usually won't spend more than $40.00 on a pair, but the two above were total splurges, and absolutely worth it. My next splurge will be for some fierce looking boots for this winter. I'll definitely have to keep eBay in mind while I'm looking around. I've always been so leery about buying shoes from there, but after hearing about other's good experiences, I'll have to give it a try.

[quote name='mrsred']"These" are just too cute! I saw a pair similar to these, but with black and white images on them. I'm trying very hard to [b]not [/b]buy any more black shoes at the moment...so I passed.[/QUOTE]
I was going to get [URL=http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Holiday2002&category%5Fname=Shoes%2DPumps&product%5Fid=67129]this pair[/URL], but I was of the same mind set. Too much black. Granted, since they still have them (on sale even), I might just give in and get them. I think they're delightfully trashy. :)

Yes, they would. And any other pair of jeans you have as well. ;) Anymore, my clothing choices border on the conservative side, which is amazing when I remember how I used to dress as a teenager, but I love to shake up my outfits by wearing "sex bomb" type shoes. I think these qualify.

We'll be going to Vegas in October, and I think these'll be coming with me, along with my other wild shoes. :)

Vegas would be the place to wear your sex bomb shoes! Will you have a suitcase dedicated to bringing them? ;)

I usually dress in the basics (I like things that have clean cut lines), and then add some POW with my shoes.

After seeing Jane's Prada's in green, I believe something like that would certainly add some pow, along with the magazine type pumps.

I wonder how many paintings I must sell to diversify my shoe collection?

Sounds like a worthy endeavor!

My new motto, "Will paint for shoes". ;)

~e

While in the grocery store line I grabbed the fall issue of Vogue. Flipping it open the first page I come to is an advertisement for their web site and it is a photograph of a pair of satin pumps in the most stunning color of green!

Of course they are not as fab as Jane's find, but perhaps it is a sign that I certainly need a pair ;)

~e

And how I envy those of you who can wear beautiful shoes. Those of us with enormous, wide feet just can't find anything pretty which fits comfortably enough to walk from the cabin to the dining room in and anything over a two inch heel is murder!

[quote name='Kallen']And how I envy those of you who can wear beautiful shoes. Those of us with enormous, wide feet just can't find anything pretty which fits comfortably enough to walk from the cabin to the dining room in and anything over a two inch heel is murder![/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can find a retailer in one of the recent threads that specialize in shoes for those needing something other than what can be found off of the shelves. Just a thought.

Now I can understand what it's like to not be able to wear cute shoes (besides my many years in combat boots): last year I broke my foot, then broke 2 toes a week after my foot had healed. I was forced to wear un-cute shoes for nearly 9 months and I was miserable watching all of the fab shoes pass me by...

I have decided that each of us has something that we would like to wear, but (alas) cannot thanks to genetics.

~e

[quote name='Soxfan05']This is not good. I now know I can buy designer shoes for less than $100 per pair on Ebay. I always thought those designers were out of my league!

Ladies, both of your shoe purchases are GORGEOUS! Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I suggest that you try some on in the stores before bidding, sizes and fit from one designer can vary alot. I see some shoes that I'd love to bid on, but not sure if that particular "last" will fit me, and so I don't bid.

Thanks for the compliment. Seller mailed them out on Friday, maybe I'll have them by Wed?

Jane

[quote name='mrsred']Perhaps you can find a retailer in one of the recent threads that specialize in shoes for those needing something other than what can be found off of the shelves. Just a thought.

Now I can understand what it's like to not be able to wear cute shoes (besides my many years in combat boots): last year I broke my foot, then broke 2 toes a week after my foot had healed. I was forced to wear un-cute shoes for nearly 9 months and I was miserable watching all of the fab shoes pass me by...

I have decided that each of us has something that we would like to wear, but (alas) cannot thanks to genetics.

~e[/QUOTE]
Off topic, but I saw your comment about combat boots, and was curious. Were you in the service, and if so, what branch? I was in the Marines... it was the greatest (yet hardest) time of my life, but I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything. :D

But yeah, camis and combat boots got boring after a while. I was happy to get back into the civilian work force, and go back to wearing cute clothes and shoes everyday. :)

Gorgeous, Jane! I absolutely love green and have lots of it in my wardrobe. Enjoy! ;)

[quote name='Jane110']Thanks for all the congrats. Click on link for a photo.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7705738466&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7705738466&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting[/url]

Actually, I have no problem wearing green shoes.....I have green suede boots, green leather loafers and green leather high heels. These are satin and dressy and most of my dressy clothes are black. So it's not that they're green, it's that they're green and satin.

I think some new dark green pants may be on the shopping list! I have a great dusty pink patent leather bag that I think might blend well with the pink embroidery on the shoe. :)

Jane[/QUOTE]

[quote name='madelinerose']Gorgeous, Jane! I absolutely love green and have lots of it in my wardrobe. Enjoy! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Yes, I love green also and have lots of it. I'm a redbead, so it's a very common color for me. Have worn it all my life.

Jane

The good news: My beautiful green satin shoes arrived today and they fit well.

The bad news: The shades of green are off! One of them must have been sitting on a display table and faded by the lights or the sun. I emailed the seller and she apologized, said she didn't inspect that carefully and didn't notice the difference. She said I should ship them back, however, she wants me to pay the shipping costs. With insurance, that adds up to $18.00 for the round trip.

Rats! :(

[quote name='Jane110']The good news: My beautiful green satin shoes arrived today and they fit well.

The bad news: The shades of green are off! One of them must have been sitting on a display table and faded by the lights or the sun. I emailed the seller and she apologized, said she didn't inspect that carefully and didn't notice the difference. She said I should ship them back, however, she wants me to pay the shipping costs. With insurance, that adds up to $18.00 for the round trip.

Rats! :([/QUOTE]

Jane, I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to be patiently waiting for something and then disappointment sets in.

Keep on truckin':)

Esther

[quote name='Jane110']The good news: My beautiful green satin shoes arrived today and they fit well.

Rats! :([/QUOTE]

Darn it! We're all disappointed!

I mailed the shoes back today. I emailed the seller and told her that I thought it would be fair if she split the shipping costs with me. It's not my fault she didn't notice the shade variation.....but I'm also aware that some people don't notice these things. So, in my estimation, splitting is fair.

I'm disappointed. But hey, it's only a pair of shoes. It's the worst thing that should ever happen to any of us! :)

Jane

Archived