FOS - Cabin 9597 Deck 9

Right now, I am looking at this cabin. The white areas on the deck plans, are they all hallways/public spaces or are they storage spaces for the crew? I'm concerned about the noise some posters talking about from the crew.

Just wondering if we should look at a room in between two cabins.

Thanks!!

Right now, I am looking at this cabin. The white areas on the deck plans, are they all hallways/public spaces or are they storage spaces for the crew? I'm concerned about the noise some posters talking about from the crew.

Just wondering if we should look at a room in between two cabins.

Thanks!!

The white space is not hallways. Could be service areas for the crew or air handling equipment, etc.

As a general proposition, the white, unlabeled areas are spaces that are not open to the passenger population. It could be a variety of things, storage, mechanical, or crew passage ways. I can tell you for certain that the white area between 9677 and 9685 is a crew stairway. Early on our TA aboard Independence, that area was open and (a) seeing stairs [albeit without carpet or wood trim], and (b) following my theory that if there is no barrier they intend you to use it, I headed up to our friends' cabin on 10 aft. A crew member politely informed me that was crew only and I retreated. since the area next to 9597 is similarly sized, I am guessing it is another crew staircase. If you can get another room that is between two passenger cabins, you will probably have a somewhat better assurance of quiet, but if 9597 is the subject of a spectacular deal or if for any other reason you cannot find another cabin you like, I wouldn't be overly concerned about noise.

Yikes, ok. I was thinking that. I guess I will be opting for a cabin in between two others :)

Then you will be subject to any possible disturbance made from potentially noisy neighbors. I would not be overly concerned with that from the areas that maybe crew stairways or service areas.

Neither location - between staterooms or adjacent to the "white areas" - would be a cause for concern regarding noise with me. The wall insulation with the staterooms would basically be the same.

Edited by leaveitallbehind