Saver booking questions

Dwalkerdave

Hello all,

I recently made a saver booking for next July.

I see on my booking a cabin has been assigned, I booked HD but been allocated HA !!!! The questions are can this be changed by P&O and can I expect dining to be allocated pre cruise or will I definitely have to wait until we board to find out ?

Many thanks

Hello all,

I see on my booking a cabin has been assigned, I booked HD but been allocated HA !!!! The questions are can this be changed by P&O and can I expect dining to be allocated pre cruise or will I definitely have to wait until we board to find out ?

Many thanks

Hi - I was really pleased with my cabin allocation last year and phoned to ask if it was likely it would change. I was told it was highly unlikely but not impossible. They then offered to put a "Do not move" on my cabin. Which then meant we got the cabin that we wanted!

We did not find out dining until we were onboard!

Sue

Hello all,

Many thanks

Hi, We are on Aurora next week, booked on a Getaway Fare. We knew which deck we would be on as the grade we booked was only on Deck B. We received our cabin number last week and are pleased with the position. Yesterday, I phoned P & O to ask if it is possible to book 2nd sitting dinner. I was told that if the booking is on a Getaway Fare you have no choice of 1st of 2nd dinner. As Sue said, it will be allocated on board and I was told we will not be able to change it at all because of the type of booking we've made. I'm not sure that is right. 1st sitting is far too early for us and it would ruin our holiday if we were forced to stick with it - I think it will be a quick trip to see what the Maitre D' can do for us. Fingers crossed we will already be allocated 2nd sitting.

Windsong2

Hi, We are on Aurora next week, booked on a Getaway Fare. We knew which deck we would be on as the grade we booked was only on Deck B. We received our cabin number last week and are pleased with the position. Yesterday, I phoned P & O to ask if it is possible to book 2nd sitting dinner. I was told that if the booking is on a Getaway Fare you have no choice of 1st of 2nd dinner. As Sue said, it will be allocated on board and I was told we will not be able to change it at all because of the type of booking we've made. I'm not sure that is right. 1st sitting is far too early for us and it would ruin our holiday if we were forced to stick with it - I think it will be a quick trip to see what the Maitre D' can do for us. Fingers crossed we will already be allocated 2nd sitting.

Windsong2

Glad you have the cabin that you're happy with and I'm sure you'll have a great cruise.

Isn't this exactly the risk though, that people run booking the saver or getaway fares? I hope that you can get what you want with your dining time, but as the terms of booking these fares are clearly known about on booking (ie can't pick cabin number or preferred dining time), I'm not sure how you can say that "it would ruin our holiday if we were forced to stick with it".

I agree that I wouldn't want first sitting either, but that's exactly why we choose to pay more and book early, to make sure that we get the cabin and the dining time we want, as these two things are very important for us. If I'd booked on a saver / getaway fare, I'd expect to be given whatever was left and have to accept that, as that's the terms I'd booked under.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great cruise and whatever your dining time ends up being, don't let it spoil your cruise. Enjoy.

Windsong2

I think a lot of saver bookings are booked on freedom.

If you don't like what you get once on board, you can go down and see the md and REQUEST a change. Whether or not he will be able to accommodate you is entirely in the lap of the gods. It depends on how many may want to change.

If dining time is important to you ,as has been stated , saver fares may not be the way to go.

Any fare except a select comes with no guarantees what so ever.

Things are not done to make it difficult for saver fares, it is because Select bookings have their choice, then early saver, then saver fares are slotted in where ever.

I think a lot of saver bookings are booked on freedom.

If you don't like what you get once on board, you can go down and see the md and REQUEST a change. Whether or not he will be able to accommodate you is entirely in the lap of the gods. It depends on how many may want to change.

If dining time is important to you ,as has been stated , saver fares may not be the way to go.

Any fare except a select comes with no guarantees what so ever.

Things are not done to make it difficult for saver fares, it is because Select bookings have their choice, then early saver, then saver fares are slotted in where ever.

It is very much hit and miss which dining time you get on a saver fare. We have done 3 savers this year and have had freedom dining on Azura, first sitting on Aurora and late sitting on Oceana. Now Loking forward to another saver on Adonia in December and select fares in March and May. Ideally we would prefer freedom dining because we usually eat around 7:30 pm but for the price we pay for savers we are happy with anytime we get. When we want a specific dining time we go with the select price.

Do agree - you get what you pay for; am on Arcadia, saver fare, Dec. 9th...it'll be a lovely 11 days before C'mas.

Frankly, if I'm sleeping in a lifeboat & dining off the deck I'll put up with it. Just another part of the holiday...can't be worse than being sent away to school, anyway !

1st sitting is far too early for us and it would ruin our holiday if we were forced to stick with it - I think it will be a quick trip to see what the Maitre D' can do for us. Fingers crossed we will already be allocated 2nd sitting.

Windsong2

Why would you book a Saver if dining time would ruin your holiday? That is exactly the risk you take. Surely booking a Saver means you are easy oasy about dining time?

It amazes me the number of people who come on this Forum and go on about cabin and dining allocation after booking a Saver fare.

Why would you book a Saver if dining time would ruin your holiday? That is exactly the risk you take. Surely booking a Saver means you are easy oasy about dining time?

It amazes me the number of people who come on this Forum and go on about cabin and dining allocation after booking a Saver fare.

Dgs1956

In my original post I was not complaining as it seems I have been allocated a good balcony as far as I can see. When I booked I knew I could not choose cabin or dining and could be allocated any type, I weighed up the pros and cons and chose the saver option knowing the gamble I was taking.

I have a dining preference and a 2:1 chance of getting it !!!!!! Fingers crossed, will I find out when given sea pass checking in or do I have to ask guest services once onboard.

Thanks

Dave

Dgs1956

In my original post I was not complaining as it seems I have been allocated a good balcony as far as I can see. When I booked I knew I could not choose cabin or dining and could be allocated any type, I weighed up the pros and cons and chose the saver option knowing the gamble I was taking.

I have a dining preference and a 2:1 chance of getting it !!!!!! Fingers crossed, will I find out when given sea pass checking in or do I have to ask guest services once onboard.

Thanks

Dave

I appreciate that. I was really responding to another post who said the wrong dining choice would ruin their holiday. What you are saying is fair enough. You take your chances. Good luck in getting your preferences.

Thanks

Dave

There will be a card in your cabin giving your dining allocation

Brian

Windsong2 - we are on same cruise and also allocated dining arrangements on board - but prefer 1st sitting. So if you get 1st sitting please contact A288 as a swap may be possible!

Edited by Dwalkerdave

Windsong2 - we are on same cruise and also allocated dining arrangements on board - but prefer 1st sitting. So if you get 1st sitting please contact A288 as a swap may be possible!

I like that. The power of the Forum. Well done !!

Hi jej122000,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. If we are allocated 1st sitting I will give you a call with regard to a possible swap. Much appreciated.

Windsong2