Unknown Cruise

mcrcruiser

That was my point about Cabo San Lucas. Being in Mexico, it would satisfy the requirements of the PVSA -- and is very much preferable to Ensenada, IMHO.

Oh, of course.... I don't know why all the ships go to Ensenada instead of Cabo? Yes, you are right, Cabo would be much nicer!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Distance. Time. Fuel. Money. All redone why Ensenada instead of Cabo.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna -- you made my point for me. ;) For the prices X is charging for this cruise, they really need to have decent ports. I have no problems with the list of US port stops (I love Catalina) -- but Ensenada is one of the least desirable ports in Mexico. Cabo is a little further away (yep, more fuel costs), but the ship can get there easily in one day from SD. Not all that much to do in Ensenada, except stay onboard and get a good spot on deck to watch the "running of the drunks" at sail-away time! :eek:

Hi Jenna -- you made my point for me. ;) For the prices X is charging for this cruise, they really need to have decent ports. I have no problems with the list of US port stops (I love Catalina) -- but Ensenada is one of the least desirable ports in Mexico. Cabo is a little further away (yep, more fuel costs), but the ship can get there easily in one day from SD. Not all that much to do in Ensenada, except stay onboard and get a good spot on deck to watch the "running of the drunks" at sail-away time! :eek:

Check your math. San Diego to Cabo is more than 1000 miles. At 22 knots (read, FAST), it's more than 40 hours of sailing to get to Cabo. 2 days there, 2 days back, time there.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Check your math. San Diego to Cabo is more than 1000 miles. At 22 knots (read, FAST), it's more than 40 hours of sailing to get to Cabo. 2 days there, 2 days back, time there.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

NCL does a cruise to Cabo from LA. Here's the itinerary:

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Tue Los Angeles, California (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 12:00 pm Overnight

Fri Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- 2:00 pm

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun Los Angeles, California (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

From San Diego you're closer. So you get there in a day for say, a 10am arrival, but you would have to leave too early to make it back in just one sea day.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

:o I stand corrected -- and I should know better, as I've done a couple of Mexican Riviera/Baja cruises -- but, it's been a few years! We actually plowed through a storm coming back from Cabo to San Diego, on RC's Radiance one fall. Captain didn't have much choice, since we only had two nights and one sea day to make it back to home port.

Edited by wwcruisers

NCL does a cruise to Cabo from LA. Here's the itinerary:

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart

Tue Los Angeles, California (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 12:00 pm Overnight

Fri Cabo San Lucas, Mexico --- 2:00 pm

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun Los Angeles, California (DISEMBARK) 8:00 am ---

From San Diego you're closer. So you get there in a day for say, a 10am arrival, but you would have to leave too early to make it back in just one sea day.

Do the math, 4:00pm Tuesday, to Thursday at 12:00pm is 44 hours. He said San Diego, so my math was pretty close.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Although it sounds like several people on here have been able to book this cruise (it's been on the website for almost a week), this is the message I got today, when I went to check on what cabins were available: :eek:

No staterooms in this category are available to accommodate your booking request. Please select another category or another sailing.

A friend from one of my r/c's was trying to put a hold on a cabin (for this Infinity sailing) last night, and she got the same error code. I wonder if the "powers that be" at X are already re-thinking this one. Or, maybe it's just one more (of many) website malfunctions. :rolleyes:

Although it sounds like several people on here have been able to book this cruise (it's been on the website for almost a week), this is the message I got today, when I went to check on what cabins were available: :eek:

No staterooms in this category are available to accommodate your booking request. Please select another category or another sailing.

A friend from one of my r/c's was trying to put a hold on a cabin (for this Infinity sailing) last night, and she got the same error code. I wonder if the "powers that be" at X are already re-thinking this one. Or, maybe it's just one more (of many) website malfunctions. :rolleyes:

You're right, nothing can be booked and it's not a website error. What is going on???

What the.... you're right. :confused:

The sailing does still show up in My Celebrity (I booked last week) but that doesn't mean a thing, of course.

Just curious -- has anyone called and tried to book (or do a cabin hold) directly with Celebrity today? Wonder what the booking reps are saying? :confused:

It is up and running again. I think maybe they were doing stuff with it because now some shore excursions and dining options are available that weren't yesterday.