Unknown Cruise

mcrcruiser

Can you book flights earlier than 330 days out?

Yes and BA had a big sale that ended last week that would have tempted many to book early as the prices were really good

One reason so many of us are concerned is that this is a very special cruise. Most of the SF round trips are 10 days on Princess, going to Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Victoria, and a chance of seeing a glacier.

This cruise would be on Infinity, a ship that rarely cruises from SF, a total of 14 days, and also going to Sitka, Haines, and Icy Straight Point, all places Princess doesn't include.

Wonder about the bad press that X would get on the internet if they don't financially reward those already booked ? Those postings would be on web sites where folks go to check about complaints against companies:eek:

They got some bad press, but a lot don't pay attention if they're not affected.

For example, just a month or two back they redirected a one-way cruise on Century, from Europe to Asia. As people had one way flights, many had to cancel their flights which would mean loss of payment. Celebrity did not compensate them for that, even though it was Celebrity's decision - but the customer's loss.

Dreamforce is only 3 days so not sure tje math would work to cancel 14 day to do 3 unless they do 11 day before it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

DreamForce runs Monday through Thursday. That means hotel nights Sunday through Friday AM for some people. The Panama Canal cruise starts on Friday. So they need to replace the Alaska cruise Friday to the following Sunday, so 9 days of cruising. Maybe they do a 7 day coastal followed by a 2 day cruise to nowhere, or a full 9 day cruise? Wish they would announce it already.

The cruise will be cancelled as the ship has been chartered for the second week to be used as a floating hotel (my guess is for the SalesForce.com Dreamforce conference). During the first week they are going to do some sort of coastal cruise(s) out of San Francisco as a replacement. No word yet on what that coastal cruise will look like. None of this is official and Celebrity are likely to drag their feet in making the announcement. If I was booked on that cruise I'd start making alternative plans and make a deposit on something else. I actually might be interested in the coastal so I'm anxious to see what they come up with.

How do you know this? Is it from a very reliable source that it's a done deal that X has agreed to the charter?

Cancelled cruises happen. Sometimes far out, sometimes close in. At least this one is nearly a full year out.

While I was on Summit over labor day, I had 2 of ,mine canceled. M<y Dubai to Rome was changes to Dubai to Singapore (April 2015) and by 3 day on Connie out of Fort Lauderdale (THIS NOVEMBER) was canceled so they could do some maintenance to the ship. The cruise popped up for a brief period actually, AFTER a charter group cancelled last minute actually...

So off to find alternatives....not waste time and energy hoping for the best. Always have a plan B in place!

X Likely won't comment on specifics of this cruise until they have all contracts signed, a letter of credit in place to guarantee the money the alleged charter will owe etc. Many moving parts, so for now they wait for all that to happen, in case they end up NOT canceling your specific cruise.

Cancelled cruises happen. Sometimes far out, sometimes close in. At least this one is nearly a full year out.

While I was on Summit over labor day, I had 2 of ,mine canceled. M<y Dubai to Rome was changes to Dubai to Singapore (April 2015) and by 3 day on Connie out of Fort Lauderdale (THIS NOVEMBER) was canceled so they could do some maintenance to the ship. The cruise popped up for a brief period actually, AFTER a charter group cancelled last minute actually...

So off to find alternatives....not waste time and energy hoping for the best. Always have a plan B in place!

Hi Curt -- haven't seen you "around" the boards , much, since our Summit cruise. BTW -- if you haven't had time yet, check out the last few pages of our RC. Bette's husband put up some really good pictures of our sailaway party. Sorry we didn't get to see you much, after that -- but I LOVED your sail-away outfit! :p

Hi Curt -- haven't seen you "around" the boards , much, since our Summit cruise. BTW -- if you haven't had time yet, check out the last few pages of our roll-call thread. Bette's husband put up some really good pictures of our sailaway party. Sorry we didn't get to see you much, after that -- but I LOVED your sail-away outfit! :p

Sharon told us that you had, not one, but TWO cruises go "poof", that week. That had to be discouraging....:(

Edited by wwcruisers

Maybe they do a 7 day coastal followed by a 2 day cruise to nowhere, or a full 9 day cruise? Wish they would announce it already.

I could see a 9 day Alaska or a 9 nine day Pacific Coastal that runs north and south. If they go Pacific Coastal, count me in.

X Likely won't comment on specifics of this cruise until they have all contracts signed, a letter of credit in place to guarantee the money the alleged charter will owe etc. Many moving parts, so for now they wait for all that to happen, in case they end up NOT canceling your specific cruise.

Yeap, double wammy!

Welcome back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Reading this thread...I decided to test my internet research abilities...I'd say that whoever is booked on this cruise should rethink it and have a back up plan.

Check out the current cruise schedule for SFO:

[url]http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=2462[/url]

After overnighting in SFO on Sept 4, Infinity is headed to Monterey on Sept 5. She comes back to SFO on Sept 13, arriving from Santa Barbara. She doesn't leave again until Sept 18, when she heads to Monterey again.

Me thinks this does not indicate a long cruise to Alaska departing on Sept 4 from SFO.

[quote name='Anita Latte']Whoever mentioned a Dreamforce convention? There is one scheduled from Spet 15-18, 2015. Infinity is docked in SFO from Sept 13-18, so that does match up.

[url]http://sanfrancisco.eventful.com/events/dreamforce-2015-/E0-001-069423703-9[/url][/QUOTE]

Ms. Latte seems to be a heart breaker and a trip wrecker! :D :eek: Seems to be good sloothing, but I hope it isn't so!

Happy sailing,
Jenna

:( I'm not trying to be a heart breaker! I've had a couple of cruises get bumped because they became charters...one became a nudist charter...can you imagine? Anyway...very disappointing indeed, so I totally relate...someone came onto the roll call and warned up because they had booked the nudist charter...and we all had time to do some research to formulate a backup plan, which is something you want a clue about because there are some compensations potentially involved, you want to be able to move your booking and keep your perks...and possibly add an OBC.

I had a similar thing happen with a Disney hotel too. My ressie ended up needing to be bumped because of refurbishing...it was handy to know before hand and be able to research my response for the available offerings prior to the big phone call.

Just trying to be helpful...

[quote name='Anita Latte']Reading this thread...I decided to test my internet research abilities...I'd say that whoever is booked on this cruise should rethink it and have a back up plan.

After overnighting in SFO on Sept 4, Infinity is headed to Monterey on Sept 5. She comes back to SFO on Sept 13, arriving from Santa Barbara. She doesn't leave again until Sept 18, when she heads to Monterey again.

Me thinks this does not indicate a long cruise to Alaska departing on Sept 4 from SFO.[/QUOTE]

It appears the website for which you provided this link has been updated. I no longer see this showing that the Infinity sails out on Sept 18th for the Panama Canal cruise. Now it seems to show that there is a cruise leaving on the 13th instead. Previously, it was the Infinity out of SF from the 4-18 -- 14 night Alaska and then a 17 night repo cruise from SF to Ft Lauderdale through the canal. We are booked on both of these for a B2B and since we just live a stone's throw away from the City, the 5 day in between wasn't a deal breaker for us. Now, not even sure they are going to do either of these. I am most interested in a SF embarkation or both embarkation and debarkation. Last week, this site seemed to list the Charter -- now that is even gone. Think I will just exercise some patience before jumping to conclusions, though. What will be, will be.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]53 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-04-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Sat Sep-05-2015 5:00 PM Monterey [/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]56 Celebrity Infinity Sun Sep-13-2015 7:00 AM Santa Barbara Fri Sep-18-2015 5:00 PM Monterey [/COLOR]57

[quote name='Anita Latte']:( I'm not trying to be a heart breaker! I've had a couple of cruises get bumped because they became charters...one became a nudist charter...can you imagine? Anyway...very disappointing indeed, so I totally relate...someone came onto the roll call and warned up because they had booked the nudist charter...and we all had time to do some research to formulate a backup plan, which is something you want a clue about because there are some compensations potentially involved, you want to be able to move your booking and keep your perks...and possibly add an OBC.

I had a similar thing happen with a Disney hotel too. My ressie ended up needing to be bumped because of refurbishing...it was handy to know before hand and be able to research my response for the available offerings prior to the big phone call.

Just trying to be helpful...[/QUOTE]

Sorry my sarcasm didn't come across clearly enough through the typed word ! I think it is great sloothing, seriously!

If you're interested, I have another good challenge. Where is Celebrity Millenium going to be on December 5, 2014?

Happy sailing,
Jenna

[quote name='Cruise Raider']It appears the website for which you provided this link has been updated. I no longer see this showing that the Infinity sails out on Sept 18th for the Panama Canal cruise. Now it seems to show that there is a cruise leaving on the 13th instead. Previously, it was the Infinity out of SF from the 4-18 -- 14 night Alaska and then a 17 night repo cruise from SF to Ft Lauderdale through the canal. We are booked on both of these for a B2B and since we just live a stone's throw away from the City, the 5 day in between wasn't a deal breaker for us. Now, not even sure they are going to do either of these. I am most interested in a SF embarkation or both embarkation and debarkation. Last week, this site seemed to list the Charter -- now that is even gone. Think I will just exercise some patience before jumping to conclusions, though. What will be, will be.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]53 Celebrity Infinity Fri Sep-04-2015 7:00 AM Victoria Sat Sep-05-2015 5:00 PM Monterey [/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]56 Celebrity Infinity Sun Sep-13-2015 7:00 AM Santa Barbara Fri Sep-18-2015 5:00 PM Monterey [/COLOR]57[/QUOTE]

Look at the columns...ETA and ETD. There isn't a guide but I thought ETA meant Estimated Time of Arrival, still 9.13.2014. And Estimated Time of Departure, still 9.18.2014. That's how I read it.

Bold means overnight...so 9.13.2014 is an overnight arrival. Edited by Anita Latte

[quote name='need2bespoiled']Sorry my sarcasm didn't come across clearly enough through the typed word ! I think it is great sloothing, seriously!

If you're interested, I have another good challenge. Where is Celebrity Millenium going to be on December 5, 2014?

Happy sailing,
Jenna[/QUOTE]

I would say Langkawi, Malaysia...

[quote name='Anita Latte']Reading this thread...I decided to test my internet research abilities...I'd say that whoever is booked on this cruise should rethink it and have a back up plan.

Me thinks this does not indicate a long cruise to Alaska departing on Sept 4 from SFO.[/QUOTE]

Great job of researching...So, The Infinity will do a Coastal 09/04 to 09/13. First port Monterrey, last port Santa Barbara then return to San Francisco and be in port til the 18th. Five nights in port (floating hotel, as speculated).

It would seem the Panama Canal (09/18) is still a go. Now, I don't think Celebrity can come up with any "real" reason for not letting booked passengers know, the 14 night Alaska cruise is canceled.

So, what's our compensation? Please let us know, so those of us who transferred to TAs, can cancel and make other plans.